[new character] Skin Trader's higher up?

I found some new files that are very interesting. Check these out:

Spoiler

START =
            {
                "Greetings, mortal. Have you brought chests? I'll be happy to reveal your gifts, if so.",
                "Greetings, mortal. I sense a chest in your possession! Please, be my guest.",
                "Greetings, mortal. Come to receive gifts from the Shadow realm? You need only open your chests.",
       START_EMPTY =
            {
                "Greetings, mortal. No chests today? A shame.",
                "Greetings, mortal. I sense you have no chests. You have been adventuring, yes?",
                "Greetings, mortal. Chests to find their way to you on your travels. I'll be here, until then.",
      IDLE =
            {
                "It seems you've a few admirers lurking in the shadows.",
                "Do you ever tire of that ratty old mortal body?",
                "[Sigh] Immortality is such a burden.",
                "You're a long way from home are you not, little mortal?",
                "[Chortle] Have you met her yet?",
                "Your realm is a bit frazzled around the edges, hm?",
                "Tell me, have you traveled through the Gateway yet?",
                "Be at ease, mortal. We exist outside time, here.",
                "I'll admit, I've always found Chesters endearing.",
                "[Chortle] You mortals have been quite enamored with the throne, haven't you?",
                "[The shadow murmurs something, but you cannot comprehend the words.]",
            },

I personally came to the conclusion that the "gift" system is going to be renamed to "chests" and instead of sciencing them open, you must open them up at this person, or menu-person ala trade-in man.

Klei's already made it so that we're getting event "chests" for pugna's arena in the gift system, it wouldn't be that far fetched to think that they'd be changing the system a bit.

In addition, it would be a waste of their resources for them to make all of the pugna chest GUI scripts to not re-use them for things post the event.  This includes player levels and an experience system.

I wouldn't mind getting four chests with four items a piece per week myself, and from the thread here:

It would seem to imply that the chest GUI is a bit dynamic in how many items are going to be neatly organized in the GUI panel.

So, perhaps, that there could even be different rarity of chests that grant more items or such.

This is all speculation of course and it may just be my imagination running a bit wild.  Time will tell, if nothing else.

Okay, what do we know?

1. Skin trader is a rotten corpse

2. He will be a shadow now which is less ugly

3. The shadow is probably a former ancient or one of Them, maybe there are some of Them that are good/neutral?

4. We are mortals (duh)

5. Has he a crush on Chester?

6. He knows we have a crush on the throne?

We were originally going to revamp the Skin Trader for The Forge and decided to go a different direction. While it's still possible we will make changes in the future; any work in progress lines that are in there right now are not indicative of what we might do, because we don't have specific plans right now. 

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

I found some new files that are very interesting. Check these out:

Hide contents

START =
            {
                "Greetings, mortal. Have you brought chests? I'll be happy to reveal your gifts, if so.",
                "Greetings, mortal. I sense a chest in your possession! Please, be my guest.",
                "Greetings, mortal. Come to receive gifts from the Shadow realm? You need only open your chests.",
       START_EMPTY =
            {
                "Greetings, mortal. No chests today? A shame.",
                "Greetings, mortal. I sense you have no chests. You have been adventuring, yes?",
                "Greetings, mortal. Chests to find their way to you on your travels. I'll be here, until then.",
      IDLE =
            {
                "It seems you've a few admirers lurking in the shadows.",
                "Do you ever tire of that ratty old mortal body?",
                "[Sigh] Immortality is such a burden.",
                "You're a long way from home are you not, little mortal?",
                "[Chortle] Have you met her yet?",
                "Your realm is a bit frazzled around the edges, hm?",
                "Tell me, have you traveled through the Gateway yet?",
                "Be at ease, mortal. We exist outside time, here.",
                "I'll admit, I've always found Chesters endearing.",
                "[Chortle] You mortals have been quite enamored with the throne, haven't you?",
                "[The shadow murmurs something, but you cannot comprehend the words.]",
            },

...Where'd you find these 'spatch?

I never took you to be a dataminer... :wilson_curious:

8 hours ago, DarkKingBoo said:

I'm a little concerned. I'm hoping its not going to be a microtransaction lootbox system (have to pay a fee to open a chest you get in a drop). 

Just thinking about such a thing in DST is making me feel ill.

Good thing you have zero reason to think that then.

9 hours ago, JoeW said:

We were originally going to revamp the Skin Trader for The Forge and decided to go a different direction. While it's still possible we will make changes in the future; any work in progress lines that are in there right now are not indicative of what we might do, because we don't have specific plans right now. 

As long the skintrader is still his Tom-Waitsy self, I'm good.:wilson_smile:

12 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

...Where'd you find these 'spatch?I never took you to be a dataminer... :wilson_curious:

A friend poked me their way and I hurried to make a thread on it. I'm just happy skin dealer got a focus and hope to see more of his character development.

If this  means I don't need a science machine, that's a second bonus.

Archived