6 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

#ShamelessPlug

It's not a shameless plug.... are you freaking kidding me? People keep making posts complaining about the market place. I am trying to get people more organized instead of randomly making posts complaining about the marketplace. The best way to "fix it", is to implement a much better system of obtaining skins, hence my post.

If people just complain and ask Klei to make it better, nothing will happen. We have to let them know what we want, and how to really fix this problem. If you don't want to help, move along.

Just now, Master Wolf said:

It's not a shameless plug.... are you freaking kidding me? People keep making posts complaining about the market place. I am trying to get people more organized instead of randomly making posts complaining about the marketplace. The best way to "fix it", is to implement a much better system of obtaining skins, hence my post.

If people just complain and ask Klei to make it better, nothing will happen. We have to let them know what we want, and how to really fix this problem. If you don't want to help, move along.

Well, it's certainly not a shameful plug. And you certainly were plugging to your topic.

AND I WAS TEASING YOU!! Calm yourshelf!

All you did was make a post linking to your topic, you didn't say, for example:

Spoiler

I actually made a post going in-depth on how Klei needs to fix the skin drop system, and how it could be fixed. Feel free to check it out here:

Phrasing it that way makes it feel like less of a shameful plug. :3

6 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Well, it's certainly not a shameful plug. And you certainly were plugging to your topic.

All you did was make a post linking to your topic, you didn't say, for example:

Hide contents

I actually made a post going in-depth on how Klei needs to fix the skin drop system, and how it could be fixed. Feel free to check it out here:

Phrasing it that way makes it feel like less of a shameful plug. :3

There have been about 5 posts (including this one), complaining about the marketplace. The one that has the most attention is "Concerns Regarding Halloween Skins" post, with 152 replies and +4,000 views. I read all the comments and posted quite a bit myself too, and I found the best way would be to buy the skins from Klei themselves. Most people prefer this method. I also encouraged others to make other suggestions or to comment/like mine so we can start focusing the frustration/anger in trying to get klei to do this. If someone doesn't like my solution, they should either comment or make a new suggestion.

But from spending so much time talking about this in the forums, most people fall in one of three opinions:
1: They want to buy the skins from Klei directly
2: They want Klei to fix/increase the drop chance for rare/Halloween skins
3: They want Klei to cap the market place

In my opinion, buying the skins from Klei themselves is the best solution, and I am not alone in this.

6 minutes ago, Master Wolf said:

But from spending so much time talking about this in the forums, most people fall in one of three opinions:
1: They want to buy the skins from Klei directly
2: They want Klei to fix/increase the drop chance for rare/Halloween skins
3: They want Klei to cap the market place

In my opinion, buying the skins from Klei themselves is the best solution, and I am not alone in this.

IDEA~!58003789b65b3_Arielshoujoweebie.png.a68c0181ffdf7001704102c4f1e7a9d1.png

Turn next year's Hallowed Nights event into a limited time event so we can use the spool system for a short amount of time? Just a idea.

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

IDEA~!58003789b65b3_Arielshoujoweebie.png.a68c0181ffdf7001704102c4f1e7a9d1.png

Turn next year's Hallowed Nights event into a limited time event so we can use the spool system for a short amount of time? Just a idea.

Well, the spool system most likely is going to return because event stuff but it's probably not gong to be Halloween related. But, I like the idea, but I don't want to wait any longer so let's wait for forge and see if something happens.

43 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Well, it's certainly not a shameful plug...

...Phrasing it that way makes it feel like less of a shameful plug. :3

So you DO find it like a shameful plug. Also, don't tease a man that needs to calm his shelf. Maybe the shelf will beat you up?

16 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

Well, the spool system most likely is going to return because event stuff but it's probably not gong to be Halloween related. But, I like the idea, but I don't want to wait any longer so let's wait for forge and see if something happens.

So you DO find it like a shameful plug. Also, don't tease a man that needs to calm his shelf. Maybe the shelf will beat you up?

I did not mention the spool system because we still don't know how Klei will handle it. I would love the ability to be able to weave skins.

In my defense, I thought posting the link would be enough since you could see the main idea of it, via the embedded link summary description.I guess I was wrong...

5 hours ago, DarkXero said:

Because the demand is huge.

Because Wendy is the weebs' favorite imouto character.

And DST is full of weebs, just look at the workshop.

Look at your avatar.

Weird, I thought it was because 80% of the players who play these days cant kite more than 1 spider so they rely heavily on abigail. I won't deny it, I played soley Wendy when I was learning how to play, pretty sure I haven't touched her since.

14 minutes ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

Weird, I thought it was because 80% of the players who play these days cant kite more than 1 spider so they rely heavily on abigail. I won't deny it, I played soley Wendy when I was learning how to play, pretty sure I haven't touched her since.

I kinda feel bad about playing Wendy now. It's not my fault my internet is crap! I can get killed by DARKNESS with my ping.

I don't even watch anime! I hate stereotypes.

Might as well ask, what do I switch to then?

11 minutes ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

Quite the opposite case for me. Since I'm a decent kiter I don't mind her damage decrease—it makes fights longer but if you can kite it isn't an issue. You gain Abigail who is overall meh, but makes farming spiders a breeze. I mostly care for the sanity benefits. Makes spelunking much less tedious imo.

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

Quite the opposite case for me. Since I'm a decent kiter I don't mind her damage decrease—it makes fights longer but if you can kite it isn't an issue. You gain Abigail who is overall meh, but makes farming spiders a breeze. I mostly care for the sanity benefits. Makes spelunking much less tedious imo.

I like those traits too, but now I feel like I'm being JUDGED for playing Wendy, because of stereotypes. (I just find her more interesting, so yea)

45 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

I like those traits too, but now I feel like I'm being JUDGED for playing Wendy, because of stereotypes. (I just find her more interesting, so yea)

Should make some sanity stations and judge others for their lowly inability to create such devices.

Hmm..  #ShamelessPlug ?

1 hour ago, Spaartan said:
1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

On the topic of player stereotypes and kiting,

Playing Wendy was actually how I learned to kite. I figured out that I could juggle aggro between Abigail and myself. Eventually, I learned to kite well enough to draw aggro before dodging, meaning neither Abigail or I get hit (of course this only worked for single target enemies like Koalefants and Hounds; mobs with AoE attacks would still hit Abby).

Also, people tend to associate Wigfrid with face-tanking, and therefore discourage her from new players, but by encouraging a combat-oriented play style, she helps introduce players to basic combat mechanics like kiting. 

Archived