Okay, so then why are the other three selling for so much more than the Survivor?  "Wendy's popular with noobs" doesn't explain that.

Normally, I'm a Wigfrid main, but I mostly use Wendy for the spiders and killer bees.  It's a way I can make a contribution even if I'm not going to stick around on a server for long.  I also appreciate her outlook on the world around her.  I can kite, and I'm not a weeb.  And I bought the much less popular Survivor skin, not just because it was cheaper, but because it was the one I wanted.  *shrug* Make of that what you will...

Even if there are many threads about this, with many, many posts, I get the feeling that it is a loud minority of players that are trying to push their own, frustration driven, agenda.

Personally I see no problem with the current system, and even though it is indeed difficult to come by some skins, I'd rather leave it be. The only alternative to "too difficult to obtain" is "too easy to obtain", and as soon as any "merit based system" is introduced, we will see Elegant skins on Wendy in every public game we join.

Klei is obviously working on something new regarding the skin system for The Forge, and that is good enough, even if it will only be implemented for the event (an event system for event skin and another system for the base game... suits me!).

Because...

Wendy is cute scary girl like anime girl.

Her quotes is still scary.

Her sister is powerful against small monsters like spider, hound and penguin. weaker against giant monster. Never lonely.

Wendy never be scared.

Wendy never be smile, cheer or laugh. Still unhappy and sad.

Wolfgang is still afraid of Wendy and Abigail. (...Webber too)

Wendy is great characher for Noob or girl that who still can't fight.

Wendy is not best character, but everyone love Wendy.

Webber can't help Wendy cheer up. Still unhappy. 

Wendy hate or annoy everyone players because emote /happy, /chicken and /joy herself.

Do not Wendy be smile emotes. Okay?

5 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

Even if there are many threads about this, with many, many posts, I get the feeling that it is a loud minority of players that are trying to push their own, frustration driven, agenda.

Personally I see no problem with the current system, and even though it is indeed difficult to come by some skins, I'd rather leave it be. The only alternative to "too difficult to obtain" is "too easy to obtain", and as soon as any "merit based system" is introduced, we will see Elegant skins on Wendy in every public game we join.

Klei is obviously working on something new regarding the skin system for The Forge, and that is good enough, even if it will only be implemented for the event (an event system for event skin and another system for the base game... suits me!).

Are you kidding me....... apparently trying to do something to better this game is "an agenda".

So you are part of the "want their cake and eat it too" people.

I don't talk about the Forge anymore, because every time I do, people start to speculate greatly about it. By the way, if you were ACTUALLY happy with the system, you would not be looking forward to changes to it. Just saying.......

20 hours ago, Spaartan said:

I like those traits too, but now I feel like I'm being JUDGED for playing Wendy, because of stereotypes. (I just find her more interesting, so yea)

I wouldn't worry about this in your case, the people who matter for you should/will/do know you better than that ;)

Btw I'm a Wendy main too, not quite fitting those stereotypes...

On 11/5/2017 at 9:56 PM, Spaartan said:

I like those traits too, but now I feel like I'm being JUDGED for playing Wendy, because of stereotypes. (I just find her more interesting, so yea)

Please play whatever character you like, and personally I know you are a very experienced player so I definitely wasn't putting you in the random 80% number I pulled up in my post. Also I'm sorry if anyone is offended by my assumptions, I'm just stating what I've come to experience in the time I have played this game.

On 11/5/2017 at 8:48 PM, DarkXero said:

Because the demand is huge.

Because Wendy is the weebs' favorite imouto character.

And DST is full of weebs, just look at the workshop.

Look at your avatar.

But of course! This is the closest the weebs can get to a loli in DS... I mean never mind -_-

If I'm honest, selling skins may feel like the best idea here, but there's a simpler way to do this; making them more common. I don't know the percentages, but from my experience I would get like 40 or so common - distinguished before getting an elegant. But, if Klei wants to really profit from the skins, I don't see this happening. Perhaps another way would be to make distinguished skins possible to trade-inn for .Elegants, that would bring the elegant skins down to about $5 per at max probably.

Btw, wasn't there a "skin set" trade-inn feature that was mentioned long ago that was supposed to be coming in the game? What happened to that?

Archived