How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

KLEEEEEIIIIIII!

I don't want to waste my or your guys' time looking for things that aren't there, so maybe let's just leave it here?

Part of me is bothered by this stuff though, so I may periodically check the puzzle for more clues. -_-

I doubt we would be able get people on board again like this thread once did, but thanks for at least reading my thoughts.  :)

1 minute ago, unkoun said:

No, I mean the diagram for the door that Maxwell is reading in panel 3 on the last page...

oh yeah, the blueprint!

2 minutes ago, TimothyCarter said:

KLEEEEEIIIIIII!

I don't want to waste my or your guys' time looking for things that aren't there, so maybe let's just leave it here?

Part of me is bothered by this stuff though, so I may periodically check the puzzle for more clues. -_-

I doubt we would be able get people on board again like this thread once did, but thanks for at least reading my thoughts.  :)

these small unexplained things bother me too, it all kinda seems unfinished or not well rounded up.
no offence, but i'll leave too because it's literally just 3-5 of us now
I'm sure if someone finds something interesting or Klei gives out a hint, there will be a big brainstorm thread again full of theories and memes :D

BB and GG my fellow researchers, it's been fun

When I saw this Maxwell's statue and something about Horatian odes my instant thought was EXEGI MONUMENTUM. Well, it was wrong password, so I proceeded to read the rest of new posts to know the right password.

i have a feeling that  "the mysterious beings that control this place" in the end of adventure mode text is actually means Chalie, i mean she can shape the room whatever she desire or something like that

Spoiler

5cf02879b5f96a37fa0a9a5bfe20675c.png

then again its just my hunch

2 hours ago, TimothyCarter said:

Also, do we know the reason that the chest and crockpot were disappearing?

I think it was to let us know that everyone had a slightly different version of the image. We all had different hidden words at that stage; the Klei devs might have put the surface differences in as a clue to let us know that there was different hidden content to check for, too.

• Developer
2 minutes ago, Gavary_Henaii said:

i have a feeling that  "the mysterious beings that control this place" in the end of adventure mode text is actually means Chalie, i mean she can shape the room whatever she desire or something like that

No, those are theM.

Charlie only got a part of Their powers.

• Developer
1 minute ago, Gavary_Henaii said:

are the grue part of Charlie is also one of them too?

Could be one of theM, could be something Their power caused inside of her, that changed her life that, there's no way to be sure as of now :/

21 hours ago, guywithgreenshades said:
  Hide contents

If Charlie could free Wilson, why didn't she free Maxwell earlier?

Perhaps, she couldn't, because Maxwell's ties to Them were too strong? Wilson's only exposure to shadow magic, prior to being pulled into DS world, was being taught, how to make the portal; while Maxy's been messing with Codex Umbra for two years; plus, according to Praecantator puzzle, he's been able to visit the DS world, before getting trapped there.

20 hours ago, MeingroessterFan said:

The implied relationship between Maxwell and Charlie reminds me of another one...

"Charlie! Do the thing!"

Dunno, I'm more reminded of these two:

f3diar4.png?5

3 hours ago, TimothyCarter said:

I still feel like we are missing something. Some people are annoyed how Maxwell just shrugs off the whole "Didn't you die?" thing, and I feel like there is something pertaining to this that we are missing. Has Klei officially told us that we are done?

Maybe he shrugged it off, because he doesn't know himself? It's not like the whole "Survivor frees the King from the Nightmare Throne" thing happened often enough for him to become an expert on it.

13 minutes ago, Zhuzha said:

f3diar4.png?5

Well, Varrick seemed to me like the lovechild between Cave Johnson and Stan from the Monkey Island series, so I guess I can count your comparison aswell :p

5 hours ago, Zhuzha said:

Perhaps, she couldn't, because Maxwell's ties to Them were too strong? Wilson's only exposure to shadow magic, prior to being pulled into DS world, was being taught, how to make the portal; while Maxy's been messing with Codex Umbra for two years; plus, according to Praecantator puzzle, he's been able to visit the DS world, before getting trapped there.

f3diar4.png?5

Maybe he shrugged it off, because he doesn't know himself? It's not like the whole "Survivor frees the King from the Nightmare Throne" thing happened often enough for him to become an expert on it.

I think the reason was becasue she didn't know how to get to Maxwell and she followed Wilson.

Thanks for the guide! And thanks Klei for the adventure here and the lore! <3

I'm not sure where and how the other cast members fit into things. Were they all in their own worlds in this place? Or are they brand new to it thanks to the portal Wilson and Maxwell built? I always took it as all of cast were trapped in the world surviving, but they were somehow apart like in a zoo with each being in their own cage. Maxwell using all of them as entertainment and a chance of escape. 

I do question how none of the others had reached any point of importance in the world. I'd think most of the cast would be capable of making steps in the world besides Wilson. Wickerbottom has smarts, Wolfgang has muscles, and Wendy has the killer instinct paired with a ghost sister aoe monster. And why Wes is base, Wolfgang is survivor, and Wendy is random clothes? Was random to me to see them that way. 

Lastly, I'd say Maxwell likely "died" cause he was ancient on that throne. We aren't given exact info on how long Maxwell was on the throne or how long Wilson was before Charlie showed up. Wilson wasn't on for long however, so his life may not of "ended" this go around yet. Meanwhile Maxwell died of ancient age (not just old) and took a bit to return to life. And that's why he shows up later, took more time to piece him back together. 

Pretty much what I thought was going through Charlie's head through A New Reign Cinematic:

"And so the cycle continues."
"One person frees another out of pity, but in turn become a piteous creature themself."

"Well, I'll take this place on the throne to stop it. And I won't let anyone else get here and start the cycle again."

IDEK ANYMORE I NEED TO SLEEP

klei pls the only way to restore my sanity is via potato cup torch skin

WHY ARE MAXWELL SO CALM WHILE DISCUSSING HOW MAXWELL DIED AND HOW WILSON ESCAPED THE THRONE ITS THE STRANGEST THING

Archived