How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

5 hours ago, VexTheHex said:

Thanks for the guide! And thanks Klei for the adventure here and the lore! <3

I'm not sure where and how the other cast members fit into things. Were they all in their own worlds in this place? Or are they brand new to it thanks to the portal Wilson and Maxwell built? I always took it as all of cast were trapped in the world surviving, but they were somehow apart like in a zoo with each being in their own cage. Maxwell using all of them as entertainment and a chance of escape. 

I do question how none of the others had reached any point of importance in the world. I'd think most of the cast would be capable of making steps in the world besides Wilson. Wickerbottom has smarts, Wolfgang has muscles, and Wendy has the killer instinct paired with a ghost sister aoe monster. And why Wes is base, Wolfgang is survivor, and Wendy is random clothes? Was random to me to see them that way. 

Lastly, I'd say Maxwell likely "died" cause he was ancient on that throne. We aren't given exact info on how long Maxwell was on the throne or how long Wilson was before Charlie showed up. Wilson wasn't on for long however, so his life may not of "ended" this go around yet. Meanwhile Maxwell died of ancient age (not just old) and took a bit to return to life. And that's why he shows up later, took more time to piece him back together. 

We do know how long he was there though.

20 years our time. Now count how much it was in the DS world where in 1 day for us, a lot more than a day passes. Keep doing this until you've passed 20 of our time's years.

Yeah. He was there for a VERY long time. VERY.

1 hour ago, AnonymousKoala said:

We do know how long he was there though.

20 years our time. Now count how much it was in the DS world where in 1 day for us, a lot more than a day passes. Keep doing this until you've passed 20 of our time's years.

Yeah. He was there for a VERY long time. VERY.

I know you've derived this from the actual game day-cycle, but I think the time in DS universe is slower than ours.

The characters probably ended up in that world from different years and they still are relatively coaged (some).

And if Shipwrecked is somehow tied to the story, that would explain some inventions (e.g. gas mask, buoy, surf board - relatively new) and Maxwell still being in charge of everything when SW was happening (there's his face in the vulcano cloud in the latest trailer). Or maybe he'll get back on the throne and start SW?

I was trying to find some things from DS that were invented IRL after Maxwell entered the world (1906) and so far, I found this :)
http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/14816-rp-all-the-way-rp-product-suggestions/?page=0#comment-138649

An exclusive radio that was invented at 1919? This might be troll from the dev or earliest possible year of Wilson's origin story.

But still... "Time works differently here."

Sorry, I keep overthinking everything

1 minute ago, filipsperl said:

I know you've derived this from the actual game day-cycle, but I think the time in DS universe is slower than ours.

The characters probably ended up in that world from different years and they still are relatively coaged (some).

And if Shipwrecked is somehow tied to the story, that would explain some inventions (e.g. gas mask, buoy, surf board - relatively new) and Maxwell still being in charge of everything when SW was happening (there's his face in the vulcano cloud in the latest trailer). Or maybe he'll get back on the throne and start SW?

I was trying to find some things from DS that were invented IRL after Maxwell entered the world (1906) and so far, I found this :)
http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/14816-rp-all-the-way-rp-product-suggestions/?page=0#comment-138649

An exclusive radio that was invented at 1919? This might be troll from the dev or earliest possible year of Wilson's origin story.

But still... "Time works differently here."

Sorry, I keep overthinking everything

Thing is a lot of the quote I heard, seem to imply Maxwell doesn't even know what.

The timeline reveals the general years the characters have been taken from. Willson was taken in 1920 after all. Its confirmed.

21 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

The timeline reveals the general years the characters have been taken from. Willson was taken in 1920 after all. Its confirmed.

Wendy and Abigail were still little by the time Jack told Maxwell about them... if Wendy was taken into the world after Wilson, she should be in her twenties... but we know that Wendy is about 10/9/8(?) or so... so she could have been taken earlier than Wilson... now how about the other characters?

2 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Thing is a lot of the quote I heard, seem to imply Maxwell doesn't even know what.

1920? Didn't know that, thanks.

Ha found something! Chicken nuggets were invented in 1950, the word 'robot' in 1921, twinkies (powdercake in game) in 1930

11 minutes ago, filipsperl said:

1920? Didn't know that, thanks.

Ha found something! Chicken nuggets were invented in 1950, the word 'robot' in 1921, twinkies (powdercake in game) in 1930

But we all know our lord and savior #2 "Maxxyboy" invented the sweet and smoky nuggets. That's what the Holy Scriptures of the Potato Cup say.

8 hours ago, VexTheHex said:

I'm not sure where and how the other cast members fit into things. Were they all in their own worlds in this place? Or are they brand new to it thanks to the portal Wilson and Maxwell built? I always took it as all of cast were trapped in the world surviving, but they were somehow apart like in a zoo with each being in their own cage. Maxwell using all of them as entertainment and a chance of escape.

The other characters who have joined them at the end must have been on their own island(s) before, because why would Maxwell want to bring in other people from the normal world?

The other characters who have joined them at the end must have been on their own island(s) before, because why would Maxwell want to bring in other people from the normal world?

Exactly. The skins also show that Survivor Wolfgang is canon and has been living in his hell. Same for noob Wes and "Lookatmyspiffy" Wendy.

19 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

Wendy and Abigail were still little by the time Jack told Maxwell about them... if Wendy was taken into the world after Wilson, she should be in her twenties... but we know that Wendy is about 10/9/8(?) or so... so she could have been taken earlier than Wilson... now how about the other characters?

A. You're mentioning a theory, not a confirmation. (I do believe in that theory though)

Its confirmed Willson was taken last, at least in the base game/rog. Everyone else were taken before him.

I feel like SW has no lore. As in, lore is entirely abandoned in SW(not even any implications), and its a spin off unrelated to anything. But klei/capy will tell.

2 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

A. You're mentioning a theory, not a confirmation. (I do believe in that theory though)

Its confirmed Willson was taken last, at least in the base game/rog. Everyone else were taken before him.

I feel like SW has no lore. As in, lore is entirely abandoned in SW(not even any implications), and its a spin off unrelated to anything. But klei/capy will tell.

First part, I feel it's nearly confirmed Maxxy and the twins are related... but I won't give it that last 1% of confirmation til Klei says "Yep. Related."

Second. I'm half and half on this. I believe outta the classic DS crowd, Wilson is last, but I feel Wigfridge and Webber were taken after. Just my 2 cents.

Finally, I agree SW was fun and I had some pretty dumb deaths, but I see no lore. At all. Anywhere. So SW like you said, is just a spin off.

13 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

First part, I feel it's nearly confirmed Maxxy and the twins are related... but I won't give it that last 1% of confirmation til Klei says "Yep. Related."

Second. I'm half and half on this. I believe outta the classic DS crowd, Wilson is last, but I feel Wigfridge and Webber were taken after. Just my 2 cents.

Finally, I agree SW was fun and I had some pretty dumb deaths, but I see no lore. At all. Anywhere. So SW like you said, is just a spin off.

You say SW has no lore now... but when Wolly reveals himself as the true supreme overlord of THEM, don't say I didn't warn you.

6 minutes ago, MeingroessterFan said:

You say SW has no lore now... but when Wolly reveals himself as the true supreme overlord of THEM, don't say I didn't warn you.

Oh my god...... HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIND. HIS BEAK IS A TRUNGLEEEEEEEEEEE. illum-nome-i confurmed.

27 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

how do you know Wilson got in DS last?

Timeline.

1920(I think) - Willson. Before that: everybody else. 

Not sure if the timeline was posted when RoG was out yet or no, so not sure if it includes Wigfrid and Webber

• Developer
48 minutes ago, filipsperl said:

Here follows a part of @Kevin's official timeline of events:

Spoiler

1890s - 1906: William Carter origin story
1906: William and Charlie enter the DS world. 
1906 - 1910ish: Some crazy stuff happens that we haven't told you about yet.... 
1910ish - 1921: The various playable characters get pulled into the DS world.
1921: Wilson gets pulled in (Forbidden Knowlege trailer).
*THE ORIGINAL GAME + ROG STARTS HERE*

15 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Here follows a part of @Kevin's official timeline of events:

Reveal hidden contents

1890s - 1906: William Carter origin story
1906: William and Charlie enter the DS world. 
1906 - 1910ish: Some crazy stuff happens that we haven't told you about yet.... 
1910ish - 1921: The various playable characters get pulled into the DS world.
1921: Wilson gets pulled in (Forbidden Knowlege trailer).
*THE ORIGINAL GAME + ROG STARTS HERE*

Wow, now the question about how didn't any other character have any influence on the world stands out even more. Guess Wilson was finally strong and clever enough to stop Maxwell from luring more people in.

7 minutes ago, filipsperl said:

Wow, now the question about how didn't any other character have any influence on the world stands out even more. Guess Wilson was strong enough to stop Maxwell from luring more people in.

Wilson was the key. Notice how Charlie makes that huge explosion, she rips all of Wilson's potential Evil power away from him.

"Maybe Wilson P. Higgsbury will use his NEW POWERS to tempt the unsuspecting" he was meant to become Maxwell, yet Charlie interrupted him.

6 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Wilson was the key. Notice how Charlie makes that huge explosion, she rips all of Wilson's potential Evil power away from him.

"Maybe Wilson P. Higgsbury will use his NEW POWERS to tempt the unsuspecting" he was meant to become Maxwell, yet Charlie interrupted him.

omg, Them wanted him to become their new host

5 minutes ago, Mikeadatrix said:

wait what 

when did that happen

Wilson's quote on Wooden Thing (fully assembled)- "With this I can surely pass through space and time!"

Time is irrelevant now, we may even have multiple timelines here :)

Archived