Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

"He's dead." Kate had some very mixed feelings towards Neilla right now. Yes, she had just saved their lives, but last time they met, Meri almost let her eat some of the crew (yes, she was still a bit mad at him about that). Kate scowled as she recalled the negative events that had transpired. Then the sea monster's question caught her attention, and she pointed at the shrunken Meri. 

• Like 1

(That's why I take any opportunity I can get. Also, most other people are probably asleep atm -_-)

"Oh here he is!" Otto said, pointing towards, a rather small, Meri. "Sorry dude, looks like you're the first to be eaten"

While she's distracted I'll take that opportunity to run.

Niella blinks in surprise, leaning in to get a better look.  "What happened to you?!?!?  I remember you being bigger..."

She smirks.  "Not by much, though."

Meri stares up at her grouchily.  "thing of scale...please."  He growls.

• Like 4

Jaw finally snaps out of his ...thoughts? and realises he is still holding Kate. How do you get out of a situation like this without making it awkward or unpleasant?

Jaw points at Niella, screams and jumps back, leaving Kate and the bunny together 

• Like 1

Syndir, keeping one hand gripped onto the boat, slinks down into the water. Submerging until it reached right up to his eyes. He then continued to watch from his new vantage point. 

Edited by Zeklo

Meritursas takes the Thing, and slithers overboard.  Eventually, a normal-sized claw reaches over the deck and drops it back in Trevor's hands.

Niella watches him curiously, her attention being drawn to the bright yellow human with the weird staff stick thing.  "I remember you!  Hi!"

Trevor looked up at the giant monstrosity with a nice personality and waved. 

"Hello there!"

---

Noctimus looks up at Kate with worry in his eyes. She seemed stressed and confused. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't make her more stressed by worrying. Or, well, maybe he could. She'd probably feel loved. Hm. Noctimus shook his head. What did he know about what Kate was feeling and how she'd react? He can't see into the future, mind you.

Noctimus shook out all of the stressful thoughts out of his brain. He shouldn't be worrying about that, and just support Kate. And that's what Noctimus did as he kissed [licked] Kate on the nose.

Niella slithers up closer to the little boat, her eyes and maw lighting up the vessel and surrounding ocean as the sun finally sets.  "I don't think we really talked.  Or maybe we did?  That was a few weeks ago, I don't really remember."

(inb4 "Finding Niella" joke)

• Like 2

Wiffleball blinked up at the massive tursai. That was...Niella, right? Honestly, he was surprised he'd remembered her name at all. His thoughts were all jumbled up, and not just because of the excess water. He could only vaguely recall what had happened before now - the boat had been shaking, and there was a big golden monster in the water, and then...He couldn't remember anything after that. Shaking his head, he tried to disregard the blank in his memory. Whatever happened probably hadn't been very important.

But...still...

Maybe it would be best to ask.

He waited for his thoughts to settle a bit, then tried speaking to Kate. Thankfully, he didn't get violently ill this time, and his message went through without a hitch.

"UM, KATƎ...WHAT HAPPƎNƎD? I CAИ'T RƎMƎMBEЯ..."

"There was a big gold sea monster chasing us, and it made a lot of big waves that pushed me around the deck, then suddenly I wasn't holding you anymore, and then when the waves stopped Jaw handed you back to me and helped to keep me from sliding around with his tail." Kate didn't know exactly what Wiffleball did or didn't remember, but hopefully her explanation would be enough. She then realized that he was still soaked and probably needed help getting wrung out, so she put him down on the deck and started squishing the water out.

Syndir decided the situation was safe enough and that his skills would be better put to use elsewhere. He sighed, but began pulling himself up. 

He began pulling himself up.

What was going on? He didn't remember ever getting a piece of wood, so why was he holding one right now? 

He looked at the boat.

That hole wasn't there before... and neither was the wood right here... so then how was he holding onto the boat...?

Oh.

He wasn't.

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 3

Ugh, this yellow human is so boring!  Niella sighs, turning away from him and scanning the boat for someone more interesting.  She spots a colorful bird-person floundering around in the ocean, seemingly pretty confused.  She sinks underwater up to her eyes and slithers up to him.