Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

(Huh.... Upsidedown Syndir kinda looks like he has a beard... Or three, big, orange teeth...)

Kate had once again lost consciousness soon after Wiffleball got up to protect Noctimus, but this time, for once in what felt like ages, she was having a pleasant dream.

She was a couple years younger here, sitting on her mother's lap. The mother had an arm around her child in an embrace, while the other hand gently stroked her hair. Her mother began to sing.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,

You make me happy when skies are grey,

You'll never know dear how much I love you,

Please don't take my sunshine away..."

Kate's eyelids lay half open as her mother hummed the rest of the soothing tune. Everything else was forgotten as the child relived this peaceful memory. 

• Like 4

Syndir nodded with new found enthusiasm. The obsidian he had pre-prepared earlier had been lost due to the sporadic movement, so he got some more. His stash was running low now. He should really be using these more carefully. Oh well. A massage seemed urgent enough.

He moved around and set down the warm obsidian on any joints he could see—or what he believed to be joints. There was no telling really. Then he proceeded to roll up his sleeves and flexed his wrists a bit. Hm. This golden hand wouldn't do. The claws would be no good for a massage... or would they? They were a sea monster after all. Their carapace was probably pretty sturdy.

He pushed against Niella's palm with first his right hand and then his left.

"Can you feel that at all?"

16 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

(Huh.... Upsidedown Syndir kinda looks like he has a beard... Or three, big, orange teeth...)

Kate had once again lost consciousness soon after Wiffleball got up to protect Noctimus, but this time, for once in what felt like ages, she was having a pleasant dream.

She was a couple years younger here, sitting on her mother's lap. The mother had an arm around her child in an embrace, while the other hand gently stroked her hair. Her mother began to sing.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine,

You make me happy when skies are grey,

You'll never know dear how much I love you,

Please don't take my sunshine away..."

Kate's eyelids lay half open as her mother hummed the rest of the soothing tune. Everything else was forgotten as the child relived this peaceful memory. 

(...my mother sang me that same song when I was little.

man now I have a bad case of feels)

• Like 2

[when you start being more patient]

Noctimus sighed. The big giant scary monster didn't even bat an eye. He lays down on his stomach, his head resting on the hard wood floor, and exhales through his nose, or where a nose should be at least, in dissatisfaction. 

(Things will come soon; since we just had a lot of action I wanted to take a break.)

Her palm was a single plate of foot-thick carapace; it was like massaging the side of a tank, though it seemed like Niella still felt it.  However, she really enjoyed the pieces of obsidian, even though they were pretty much just grains of hot sand.

"So a massage is where you put rocks on someone before nudging them?"  She asks curiously.

"Okay!"  She flops backwards, lifting her primary maw out of the water high enough so she lands on that instead of in the ocean.  The glow is quite bright again, though not unbearably so.  It's sorta like a glowstick, just spread out across a huge area.  Luckily for Syndir, she makes sure he doesn't go flying.  Unluckily for the boat, she brushes past them a bit too close for comfort.

The mother's gentle hum began to fade, and her arms fell away from her child. The child fluttered opened her eyes and looked up to her in confusion, then despair. The mother was eroding into ash before her eyes, crumbling under her touch. With one final, loving smile, she brushed her child's cheek, and then faded completely to dust. The child grasped with increasing desperation at the frozen figure of her cherished mother. The figure only crumbles in her arms, leaving her kneeling in a pile of scattering ash...

Kate opens her eyes. After a moment of blank pause, she inhales shakily, curls up, and brings her arms over her face. The child weeps.

• Like 2

(Is it night?)

Wallan has nothing to do.. wait, what's wrong with Kate? She looks sad. He should cheer her up. He begins to walk towards Kate. "What's wrong?" he asks. It was then he realized he has no idea how to cheer people up.

Edited by Paxtonnnn

Noctimus, who isn't all that far away from Kate, hears this weeping. It pains him emotionally, and kind of physically, but not really. LOOKS LIKE THE TABLES HAVE BEEN TURNED HUH LITTLE GUY?

He starts whine louder than ever before, little tears clashing against the floorboards held together by mud as he scurries over to Kate and stands onto his hind legs, resting his front paws onto the child's shoulder, and stares. [and cries i guess] There's nothing he can say.

As in, he can't say anything. 

He doesn't even know why Kate is crying.

So he just stands there feeling terrible without anyway to stop it.

Edited by Youknowwho

Uh oh, the colorful bird person was freaking out!  She holds him over her face, not feeling like getting up.  I mean, sure he was scared, but why should she be uncomfortable just because of that?  "What's wrong?"

Crab threw a piece of popcorn to distract the Goose, that "Accidentally" fell near Otto. The Goose turned around, and started attacking Otto, flapping its wings and honking to mentallu overwhelm his opponent as he pecked and scratched voraciously.

21 minutes ago, wxps350 said:

Crab threw a piece of popcorn to distract the Goose, that "Accidentally" fell near Otto. The Goose turned around, and started attacking Otto, flapping its wings and honking to mentallu overwhelm his opponent as he pecked and scratched voraciously.

(Otto's in the crow's nest....)