Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

16 hours ago, Zeklo said:

But as I once mentioned in a stream they're on a scale the smaller people can't easily work with.

4 hours ago, DwerBomb said:

(I agree. It was something I was worried with right when Meri was first introduced. It feels like we can't do much, having "small" characters.

1 hour ago, WaddleDee said:

Tursai are inherently something we are unable to deal with well; though methods besides panicking, that is.)

(This is a problem I'm pretty aware of.  I got way too excited with designing the Tursai and didn't realize until it was too late how gamebreaking they are.  I do want to sorta get them out of the way so the humans can do stuff, but it's difficult especially since I really like them as characters and want to keep them around.  That said, I do have a plan, but it's going to take some time to execute.  I don't want to spoil it, but hopefully it will fix the huge balancing issues and make things a bit more enjoyable for everyone.  But, as I said; it'll take a while.  So really for now, all I can recommend is that you interact with the incoming Tursai characters some more.  Talk to them, get to know their personalities, and sorta become part of their stories instead of just something to protect.  That's really all I have to suggest, and hopefully my solution will...well, be an actual solution.)

• Like 2

(There is literally nothing Kate can do to help Wallan. At all.)

The same waves that had nearly washed Wiffleball away had slid Kate across the deck, as she was too weak to effectively resist the torrent. Salt water burned her lungs and stung her eyes. She lay hunched over on the deck in a coughing fit, eyes squeezed shut, barely able to breathe. She wheezed out a hoarse cry of her friend's name as soon as her lungs would allow it. Then Jaw shouted about her bunny friend, and she blindly stumbled in his direction, accidentally toppling into him.

• Like 2

(I am pretty sure the Kultakala chaos is gonna stop soon, so when all will be a little more peaceful other characters will be able to notice more. 

Ya'll have to wait a bit, but don't scratch, it's cool ;))

(btw what's dragon doing @MenaAthena?)

Edited by DwerBomb
  • Like 1

(Maybe I'll just find a way to make Wallan sane again for now. I miss being normal Wallan anyway.)

(Kultakalakaos)

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA-" A wave hits Wallan, throwing him across the boat. He hits the railing and is knocked unconscious. As he's unconscious, the shadow next to him disappears. (Yeah I know this shouldn't really raise sanity but I'm out of ideas here)

Edited by Paxtonnnn

Kate wraps her arms around Wiffleball and holds on to him with all her strength, which isn't very much at the moment. Thought she doesn't say anything, she is thankful for Jaw's tale support and Noctimus' licks. She still has her eyes shut.

(Oh, Dragon? Dragon is... Well...)

Dragon has been spending this entire time sitting at the bow of the boat, her head following Kultakala's moments in a trance like state, barely aware of anything else.

13 minutes ago, Youknowwho said:

[ Jaw's mystical tale rose Kate's spirits ]

(Jaw

[ • attack] [ > skills] [ • escape]

[skills] 

•WA

•*SCREAM*

•EAT 

>TALE 

{EFFECT: Boost an ally's health and spirits})

14 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

(I so badly want to draw Jaw reading a book to Kate)

(Do it~)

• Like 7

(welp that's my cue to make everyone angrier)

49 minutes ago, LiptonPee said:

As Malii reached open water, Kulta slowed to a stop, looking down, as the distance between her and the crew grew. What's that in the wate-

- a massive yellow eye lights up under the surface.  Then another, and another, forming a ring which circles around the golden Tursai, and the crew of the ship.

All is still for a moment.

Then a bright purple glow joins the yellow one, in a huge circle emitting from within the ring, shining like a spotlight into the darkening sky.  The water under Kulta starts to slowly swirl, beginning to pull her towards the center of the light.

• Like 2

Viridis stopped her water-gunning for a moment. She looked up into the sky. "Woah... that's... pretty!"

---

Cinis looks at Kulta. He then scans the rest of the water- the sudden whirlpool may be helping them, but what was creating it? More importantly, was it going to swallow them as well?

Wallan didn't even care about the giant sea creature slowly spinning into the abyss, at least now at the very moment. He was just hungry. Really hungry. "Does anyone have any food..?"

Edited by Paxtonnnn

Famen just stood next to Dragon, staring wide-eyed at the whirlpool forming around the goldfish tursai. He then saw the purple and yellow glow in the water. Was that...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angelle was gnawing on a bone in blissful ignorance.

Edited by Chris1488

2 hours ago, Paxtonnnn said:

(.... maybe I should just scratch the whole stages-of-insanity thing)

(Aw... but I was just about to write about Otto grabbing his shirt and slapping him, making him snap out of it :p oh well)

(Also, I'm gonna assume Otto's back on the boat as well)

Otto shook himself off. I think I've had enough swimming for one day he thought. He still felt a bit dizzy. Maybe he was still poisoned afterall. The adrenaline must of made Otto forget about it for a while.

(I literally have nothing else now that Wallan is out of his insanity state :/)

1 hour ago, Battal said:

(welp that's my cue to make everyone angrier)

- a massive yellow eye lights up under the surface.  Then another, and another, forming a ring which circles around the golden Tursai, and the crew of the ship.

All is still for a moment.

Then a bright purple glow joins the yellow one, in a huge circle emitting from within the ring, shining like a spotlight into the darkening sky.  The water under Kulta starts to slowly swirl, beginning to pull her towards the center of the light.

(IT THAT GIANT SEA MONSTER B*TCH ISN'T IT?

Spoiler

niellatursas_by_jakobbattal-da7pl1q.png

I didn't mean to call it a b*itch, I'M SORRY BATTAL!)

Edited by DragonMage156