Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

The mountains were close now, a large opening in the distance that led to the open ocean. Kultakala began to sense something dangerous there, but was too distracted by her primal rage. She dove into the sea and began to chase again, catching up this time by leaping in and out of the water, her fins carrying her a bit of distance. sdxczawefr (<--- an ant was on my keyboard :^D)

• Like 4

"HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Wallan continues to laugh and laugh and laugh until he can barely breathe.

(Next year page Wallan's 2nd Stage of Insanity is going to start)

Edited by Paxtonnnn

11 hours ago, Youknowwho said:

Malii auickly wraps Tendril around the overboard rabbit before turning the boat around and heading back for Otto.

14 minutes ago, Youknowwho said:

Malii swims as fast as she can away from the not so very nice charging Kulta. 

(But did she ever actually save Otto?)

13 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

(But did she ever actually save Otto?)

13 minutes ago, Youknowwho said:

Also she wraps a tendril around Otto and carries him along so he doesn't get dead.

(I could have said 'he jumped onto the side of the boat as it passed' but I supposed that works too).

Otto saw the boat coming back for him. Finally! As Otto got ready to jump on, he got grabbed by Malii's tendril. "Whoa!" Everyone else was in panic. Otto got a quick glimpse of that yellow tursai still chasing them. (Idk is Otto's underwater right now or not :p so I'll have to make him think this next dialogue). So that damn sea monster is still chasing us, huh? Otto thought, Well I can't so anything right now... Malii's got quite the grip in this tendril, hah.

(Spiel time.)

Spoiler

Alright I'm going to take the time to explain my current position with myself, Syndir (and Maephra I guess), and the roleplay.

So some of you may have taken notice to the recent lack of content posts, and the content posts I have made have all been not well thought out and disjointed. It started around when the ship got eaten by big bird. Don't get the wrong idea I'm not blaming Lipton or anyone else—though I will say more on this later. Now previously I had assumed this was due to my not so quirky mood back then, but here we are and I'm feeling pretty quirky again, but with a lack of what to post. 

Now this had gone on for such an extent I planned to drop out of the roleplay altogether with Syndir's little plank accident being their demise. I got convinced not to with the aid of the fact I didn't like Syndir going out in such a way. Problem is while I'm still here and Syndir is still alive nothing has changed. I still don't know what to post, but this time around instead of initiating a death scene I'd like to just bring it up and see what people have to say.

Now back to what I mentioned earlier. The big bird did have something to do with it. Tursai arcs in general do. Again, don't get the wrong idea. I love tursai. I love the concept. I love the characters. I love everything to do with them. But as I once mentioned in a stream they're on a scale the smaller people can't easily work with. What I should have said was can't seem to work with them.

Syndir with the help of his true side Aiden and the potential brute power Maephra can give him, makes him have lots of potential for utility and strength. This is of course negated by his personality as he was designed in such a way. In short, Syndir is pretty useless in encounters to their own scale. So when we get into big things like tursai he becomes useless useless, and that's like x2 the useless. I get this is a poor excuse, as Famen, while being minuscule in the grand scheme of things, is till helping as are the others, but Syndir isn't like the others and I just can't find a way for them to work.

So I'm constantly fiddling with the idea of introducing Maephra as their own character, and while that would breath some new air into me it still doesn't fix the issue with Syndir (and of course that in itself has a ton of issues on it's own). It would even technically take something away from him, and potentially make things worse.

I design my characters as expendable. I prefer telling a good story than dragging on something that isn't meant to be, but I've gotten some what attached to Syndir, so the least I can do is give him a proper death or look for another solution.

At this point I don't know what to do, and as such I'm looking for some help on the subject.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

(Spiel time.)

Hide contents

Alright I'm going to take the time to explain my current position with myself, Syndir (and Maephra I guess), and the roleplay.

So some of you may have taken notice to the recent lack of content posts, and the content posts I have made have all been not well thought out and disjointed. It started around when the ship got eaten by big bird. Don't get the wrong idea I'm not blaming Lipton or anyone else—though I will say more on this later. Now previously I had assumed this was due to my not so quirky mood back then, but here we are and I'm feeling pretty quirky again, but with a lack of what to post. 

Now this had gone on for such an extent I planned to drop out of the roleplay altogether with Syndir's little plank accident being their demise. I got convinced not to with the aid of the fact I didn't like Syndir going out in such a way. Problem is while I'm still here and Syndir is still alive nothing has changed. I still don't know what to post, but this time around instead of initiating a death scene I'd like to just bring it up and see what people have to say.

Now back to what I mentioned earlier. The big bird did have something to do with it. Tursai arcs in general do. Again, don't get the wrong idea. I love tursai. I love the concept. I love the characters. I love everything to do with them. But as I once mentioned in a stream they're on a scale the smaller people can't easily work with. What I should have said was can't seem to work with them.

Syndir with the help of his true side Aiden and the potential brute power Maephra can give him, makes him have lots of potential for utility and strength. This is of course negated by his personality as he was designed in such a way. In short, Syndir is pretty useless in encounters to their own scale. So when we get into big things like tursai he becomes useless useless, and that's like x2 the useless. I get this is a poor excuse, as Famen, while being minuscule in the grand scheme of things, is till helping as are the others, but Syndir isn't like the others and I just can't find a way for them to work.

So I'm constantly fiddling with the idea of introducing Maephra as their own character, and while that would breath some new air into me it still doesn't fix the issue with Syndir (and of course that in itself has a ton of issues on it's own). It would even technically take something away from him, and potentially make things worse.

I design my characters as expendable. I prefer telling a good story than dragging on something that isn't meant to be, but I've gotten some what attached to Syndir, so the least I can do is give him a proper death or look for another solution.

At this point I don't know what to do, and as such I'm looking for some help on the subject.

(Well to be fair, there are quite a few characters smaller than Syndir (Wiffleball, Otto, Noctimus, Meri atm, even Angelle) and honestly, I sometimes don't have any good ideas either so I start up a sh*tpost and go from there. What to do with Syndir however? Well if you really want to continue using him (but not in WaW) you could use/save him for another RP. Now, if you're gonna introduce another character, do ya think we can get the info sheet? Oh, with Chris's consent ofcoarse! ^^')

20 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

(Spiel time.)

Reveal hidden contents

(I so, so badly wish I could help. Syndir is my favorite character and I don't want him to be killed off)

• Like 1

Silven looked over at Markless Wallan, he was to engrossed in watching the new Markless creature he didn't realize how much time may have went by. He wondered what the noise was for- perhaps some sort of communication? Maybe he should try it back, so he tried to mimic the noise which sounded more like a weird high pitch howling with chattering in between and not very loud.

(I'm not sure how helpful I can be since In pretty much in the same situation with Kate right now (having trouble figuring out what to do with her), but maybe having him interact with the other crew members might help? Syndir seems to be mainly a silly, comic relief character, and those kinds of characters don't tend to hold up as well on their own (hence why spinoff TV shows or movies that place the comic relief in the lead role don't tend to do so well). They really work best by bouncing off of other characters. Working off someone else might be just what you need to get back into the swing of things.

I've actually been wanting to see more interaction between Syndir at Kate. I feel like the whole unwitting goddess thing is an interesting dinamic, but I kinda feel like it's been... neglected? I get that he's supposed to be incompetent, but for someone who says he's devoted to this goddess he seems to neglect her a lot. I mean like, she passed out literally right in front of him one time and he didn't even bat an eye. (I've actually had this idea bouncing around in my head for a while that when Kate finally realizes that Syndir's serious about this whole god thing she confronts him with it and he somehow convinces her that maybe she actually iis a god which leads to more shenanigans. Maybe that could be a thing idk.)

But you can't forget about his serious side too. While Syndir is mainly a quirky, comedic character, he has a deliciously tragic backstory and current condition that lends itself to some good, serious scenes (like the whole part where he took the mask off for a bit. That was good stuff right there right there if I do say so I say so.) 

Hopefully this might be helpful or something idk I should be sleeping right now.)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Zeklo said:

(Spiel time.)

Hide contents

(I agree. It was something I was worried with right when Meri was first introduced. It feels like we can't do much, having "small" characters. I feel unable to do much action too, but luckily for me Jaw's actions are mostly dictated by instinct and that makes it a bit easier.

Buuut 

I have some story arc coming soon, after this and the swamp island (for Dara). And I'm sure there will be more action for us with future events too. We just got to wait and see, hopefully you can keep hanging a little longer until those events happen! ^^)

(also what Mena said is gold)

(And I suppose malii threw us back on boat)

Jaw squeezes the bunny tightly. He wasn't going to let his crew member fade away! 

However, he couldn't look at him. He was still scared of the creature...

But now's not time for scare!

He starts wabbling on the shaking dock in Kate's direction

"GIRL, THE BUNNY!!"

(Maybe after this tursai bit, we can all take a break and have a few smaller-scale adventures for us little people. Tursai are inherently something we are unable to deal with well; though methods besides panicking, that is.)

Water oozed out of Wiffleball when Jaw squeezed him. He seemed to be fully aware of what was happening, but wasn't really moving much otherwise.

• Like 2