Don't Starve: Resumptus

21 hours ago, TrueCooperAtion said:

Started reading this comic today and all I have to say is fantastic. The story is great and riveting. I wanted to ask have you though more about creating a mod for the character of Jack? His look is amazing and I would love the idea of playing as him. Ok now that I asked that two question... What instrument do you picture his voice being?... and would the scythe you show in artwork be an item and what would it do?

There's an Albert mod but not a Jack one to my forbidden knowledge.

21 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

meowilson.png

I think all Wilson needs is the little annoyed mark on his head... either that or he's secretly blushing under that fur ^_^

9 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

Come, Wayward Souls,
that wander through the darkness,
there is a light 
for the lost and the meek.
Sorrow and fear are easily forgotten
when you submit to the soil of the earth. 

When I saw that on Tumbr, I thought it was Carry on Wayward Son at first :p

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Isn't Grue worried about the mass forest fire that'll happen? :wilson_shocked:

Nah. He's not being consumed by edelwood, Grue!Charlie (her demonic side) is turning him into a willow tree, which is the center of the garden that area is converted to. Jack's body sleeps in the center of the tree but his mind and spirit control the entire garden.

• Like 4

Alright I think I may give trying to at least create the artwork for a jack mod if it is alright with you.

I have a bunch of images saved of jack and wanted to get ideas for how to do his art.

Questions:

1- Head shape... should I use Maxwell's head as a template to get the the familial vibe?

2- Facial expression... I see the art drawn of in game character idea and wanted to ask if the kind of sad contemplative look he has would be his default expression?

3- Clothes... looking through the art for his normal clothes the three things he seems to always have rolled up white sleeves with gardening gloves... he sometimes has that weird bolero tie and what appear to be black mourning bands on his biceps... and three either a red vest or suspenders. So I wanted to ask what would be his typical normal outfit as a survivor?

4- Colours... what should his main colours be? I would picture subdued dark red for if he had a vest. Black for pants and shoes. Brown for gloves. Darker blonde than Wendy's for hair (maybe with some grey thrown in). Skin like Maxwell's but not so grey and more tanned. Hat light brown/tan. Hat band looks like a dark green. Hat flower same red as Wendy's. Mourning band black due the morose nature. Tie thingy looks like a really dark red according to the picture of him with Wendy and Abigail. So what is the main artists thoughts on these colors and the appropriateness of them for the character?

p.s. Thought of an ability that would make sense for him where he either takes none or half damage from things like spiky bushes and cactus due to his gardening expertise and thick gardening gloves.

Edited by TrueCooperAtion
typo
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

Come, Wayward Souls,
that wander through the darkness,
there is a light 
for the lost and the meek.
Sorrow and fear are easily forgotten
when you submit to the soil of the earth. 

Please draw Albert as Greg and Wilson as Wurt!! <3 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TrueCooperAtion said:

Alright I think I may give trying to at least create the artwork for a jack mod if it is alright with you.

I have a bunch of images saved of jack and wanted to get ideas for how to do his art.

Questions:

1- Head shape... should I use Maxwell's head as a template to get the the familial vibe?

2- Facial expression... I see the art drawn of in game character idea and wanted to ask if the kind of sad contemplative look he has would be his default expression?

3- Clothes... looking through the art for his normal clothes the three things he seems to always have rolled up white sleeves with gardening gloves... he sometimes has that weird bolero tie and what appear to be black mourning bands on his biceps... and three either a red vest or suspenders. So I wanted to ask what would be his typical normal outfit as a survivor?

4- Colours... what should his main colours be? I would picture subdued dark red for if he had a vest. Black for pants and shoes. Brown for gloves. Darker blonde than Wendy's for hair (maybe with some grey thrown in). Skin like Maxwell's but not so grey and more tanned. Hat light brown/tan. Hat band looks like a dark green. Hat flower same red as Wendy's. Mourning band black due the morose nature. Tie thingy looks like a really dark red according to the picture of him with Wendy and Abigail. So what is the main artists thoughts on these colors and the appropriateness of them for the character?

p.s. Thought of an ability that would make sense for him where he either takes none or half damage from things like spiky bushes and cactus due to his gardening expertise and thick gardening gloves.

1. Yes, that would be a good idea.

2. Yes, I like the idea having a look like that. 

3. Generally, the outfit you just described with a red vest instead of suspenders.

4. The colors sound as I imagined they would be for Jack.

And that ability sounds find to me, it'd be a handy one too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Al be like: "Woah, uh, 'Charlie'... You didn't strike me as the type to swing that way."

JK.

Seriously, though, is Charlie still the Grue?

Cuz it's a good thing They didn't take the person closest to Jack.

Wendy would make a pretty relentless Grue.

Jack is making sure Wendy isn't targeted. As for Charlie, she's around but keeping a distance. 

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

Why's Wilson white hair strand missing?

I notice Albert's starting to retract back to his humanity. Perhaps the realization that Maxwell is in a similar situation with Wilson has quelled Albert's internal struggle for the moment.

Um...I actually forgot to put it in...:wilson_blush:

• Like 2

JackCHeadTest.jpg

Here is my mock up with side and back of head with the front view of the body. I have done most of the facial expressions on the template I am using and now have to do the arms and legs. 

Arms will probably be rolled up poofy white sleeves with a black band on each shoulder. Long brown gloves.

Legs will probably look boring just being plain black like most other characters.

Once all the art is done I will try to continue to follow the tutorial and see about getting the character into base Don't Starve.

Once character is done I can worry about custom hat and scythe.

If anyone has links to good tutorials I would greatly appreciate it.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, TrueCooperAtion said:

JackCHeadTest.jpg

Here is my mock up with side and back of head with the front view of the body. I have done most of the facial expressions on the template I am using and now have to do the arms and legs. 

Arms will probably be rolled up poofy white sleeves with a black band on each shoulder. Long brown gloves.

Legs will probably look boring just being plain black like most other characters.

Once all the art is done I will try to continue to follow the tutorial and see about getting the character into base Don't Starve.

Once character is done I can worry about custom hat and scythe.

If anyone has links to good tutorials I would greatly appreciate it.

Way cool!!

There's a lot of tutorials in the modding forums such as this one: 

• Like 3