Scrappy Scavengers Update Now Available!

3 minutes ago, Blue Moth said:

Okay so i may be on crack but seeing the werepig climb out from the caves reminded me of that pig and merm romeo and juliet short. I wonder if the nightmare/scrappy werepig is the same pig from that short, since as far as I'm aware those 2 pigs are the only explicitly canon instances of pigs being in the caves. I dunno, I'm probably crazy but the thought came to mind.

when I first saw that short I thought that pig was the nightmare werepig lol. Got me excited for some sort of cave merm boss. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whyro said:

The games never had proper armor or weapons, instead it was stuff like football helmets and ham bats

https://dontstarve.wiki.gg/wiki/Armor/DS

https://dontstarve.wiki.gg/wiki/Weapon/DS

Don’t mind me, just going to fight with my totally-not-proper-armor-or-weapons stuff like dark swords, spears, scalemails, marble suits, etc 

the new update is great, and the game is not at all becoming more linear like how you claim it is

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Blue Moth said:

There's a set piece? I've not heard of that, is it a newer addition to the game?

Yeah don't know if i can find it but it's 2 hunchback skeletons with a few cobwebs iirc in caves

Wormwood_next_to_merm_and_pig_skeletons.jpg.e9a33f62965184c09caa551e3c24d6a2.jpg

Edited by gamehun20
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad Dupe 5

Another win for Klei! I just really wish we got something like ashes or charcoal when we incinerate items in the furnace, otherwise I don't really see the point. There is almost always something you can do with trash that's better than just deleting it and getting nothing in return. Also, every time there's a QoL update I hope they are going to make the morning star refuelable, but I'm starting to think that's never gonna happen...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gamehun20 said:

Yeah don't know if i can find it but it's 2 hunchback skeletons with a few cobwebs iirc in caves

Wormwood_next_to_merm_and_pig_skeletons.jpg.e9a33f62965184c09caa551e3c24d6a2.jpg

Damn, i wish that could spawn in my 4 year old megabase world, that would be lovely to build a little shrine to

• Like 4

I got scared half to death because I have a deadline soon and thought "WAIT ITS ALREADY THURSDAY"

Also a board game hmmmm

Well, I am a collector of DST merch at this point. Will there be bonus stuff for the Kickstarter provided by Klei? I'm talking stickers etc, I can always use more of those :)

Edited by BezKa
  • Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

Reading the full patch notes mentions more content coming in a future hotfix release (particularly changes aimed for improving the game for console players)

Im excited to see what this future hotfix actually changes (sounds like it’s aimed to make boat placement & usage less painful for controller users?) 

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You sure are in a hurry. Are you really planning on leaving wobot with 100 uses? That's like twice as bad as orange amulet back when noone used it. Oh well, at least Wagstaff's trailer scene is accurate to gameplay, because that's exsactly what players interaction with this robot will be.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Hyxaru said:

Hang on why isn’t Wagstaff holographic?

Was just about to point this out. In Wagstaff's previous appearance (Host of Horrors) we actually see him in the flesh as well. Perhaps he's getting more comfortable with entering the Constant? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 2

53 minutes ago, Jason said:

And Introducing!ds_boardgame_coming_soon.jpg

Don't Starve: The Board Game

From the press release:

Glass Cannon Unplugged are pleased to announce that they will be responsible for bringing to the world the official board game adaptation of the award-winning video game Don’t Starve, as part of a long-term licensing partnership with Klei Entertainment.

Designed by Rafał Pieczyński—lead developer of the highly acclaimed and multi-award-winning Frostpunk:The Board Game, with narrative direction by Jakub Wiśniewski—known for his work on This War Of Mine and Frostpunk:The Board Game—and Natanel Vo-Apfel of Into The Outside: Prelude fame, Don't Starve: The Board Game transports 1-4 players into the unrelenting, randomly generated nightmare world of the Constant, a distant and ominous realm where magic and science intertwine in ways better left unspoken. Pitched against the elements and a grim pantheon of baddies, the players assume the roles of iconic characters from the video game, having to work closely together and use their wits to outsmart fate, strive for subsistence and simply stay alive.

With its mechanics highlighting player choice, dynamic combat, and open-world exploration in night and day conditions, Don't Starve: The Board Game is bound to transcend to unexplored levels of immersion, with its visual design fully embracing the unique, whimsical art style long cherished by fans of the series.

The game will be made available through a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign that is expected to fully utilize the creative potential of the source material, with a wealth of content offered via expansions, add-ons and future retail releases.

We've been working closely with the team over at Glass Cannon Unplugged to help them create a truly interesting and fresh tabletop game but also very much Don't Starve, and we think you're all going to love it. Subscribe to the Kickstarter preview page if you want to stay on top of the project.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be perfectly honest, just a couple days ago I about broke my brain on how a DS board game would work. I had cards, miniatures, tiles, and rules all worked out...

But now I don't have to hurt my brain... because somebody else is doing it for me!!

• Like 4

As a console player I will just say THANK YOU KLEI

you made me happy as a :yaypigs:

because the controller problems we have been complaining for years are finally being addressed.

A bit more love for console players, and the game will be as good as on PC (vanilla obviously).

If you want my suggestion on what controller improvements to work next:

A better building with controller QoL update. Doest have to be as good as geometric placement mod, I would be more than happy with just a 'snap to grid' kind of feature or behavior when building or planting.

Me and my OCD are even willing to buy this as a DLC ir a skin pack :-D

Too bad about the lure plants and fw ... But I'm hoping the controller improvements will make up for that and finally allow me to kill fw legit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

thank you for the update, klei! and thank you for giving Warly a skin! I hope it isn't too much to ask, but could we see some "Survivor" collection items in the future? I always loved the rugged wilderness look and I would love to see how you would do Warly, Wurt, Wanda, and Wormwood!

(couldn't help but make a sketch for Warly aaa)

image.png.8a5ede0a2901c99079a59d4652b28b86.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Health 1
  • Spool 1
  • Big Ups 1