"Host of Horrors" Content Update Available Now!

7 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think you missed my point entirely.

Instead of Klei only getting roughly 20% of players to buy these very pretty looking skins, if crafting them were easy to do- More players would buy the skins.

And that’s not just my opinion either! The most purchased skins are for the ones players can obtain super early into the game (like backpack & crockpot skins)

Meanwhile.. Something like a skin for the Lazy Forager is going to see significantly less sales.

Okay? Does more skins for that stuff need to be a priority though? Most players only ever make one backpack, only a few crockpots, hell, we have more chest skins than I ever build chests for, (There are 19 unique chest designs if you count the default and winter's feast) there's a gaggle of torches and lantern skins, a bunch of alchemy engines, bird cages, spears... What's the harm in some skins of stuff that's more specific? Star callers, panflutes, thulecite clubs, getting skins for those is awesome, hell, it encourages people like me to want to get the items in-game more.

Ruins equipment and items aren't exactly late game. And I'm not going to complain that an item with no skins is getting one over backpack #89 or chest #43. I like seeing the variety of options extend to all reaches and playstyles.

If accessibility is your argument, you could also argue that them designing skins for DLC characters is a waste of time, because some players are literally incapable of accessing them.

Either way, again, the items you were instantly complaining about aren't even late game. You can enjoy them.

• Like 4

I've been trying to maintain some benefit-of-the-doubt towards the Moon's Gestalts, but there's no denying at this point that both they and Them (the Shadows that were the demise of the Constant's ancient civilization) are equally corruptive with no real regard for the living things around them.
The only difference is that Them have maintained power until the moon's 'They' returned with the shard of the moon.

No matter what happens, our survivors are still just holding their own while powers beyond their imagination play out their own personal fight amidst the same land. Wagstaff is the only real wrench in the system.

• Like 5
  • Health 1
  • Sanity 2

Wish I had wifi at the moment to play the update.

I'm super curious about the quote for Wortox's new skin and descriptions for the parts of it. I wonder if it might shed some light on the way his coat resembles Maxwell's from Adventure Mode. Or his expression in the art (though I could see that as a bit of playful mockery, exaggerating a snobbish role. If I really wanna read too much into it, and you know I always do, I'd say that's what his having one eye closed is about)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Does it bother anyone else that in the clips/trailers we get when it's gameplay footage of combat the characters are basically never wearing armor..

Wig used her helm in the taking root trailer. I think it was for looks tough

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Does it bother anyone else that in the clips/trailers we get when it's gameplay footage of combat the characters are basically never wearing armor..

Why use armour when you can just c_godmode():wilson_wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Master_NiX said:

Still waiting for Wortox to have his tail dependant on the head slot, rather than pants.
(oh and hooves for the boot slot)

Give him some pants, Klei :(

image.png.0c0b67c2033664d4e13ca33a0fd15de0.pngimage.thumb.png.50a07a3a966f21129493bb51e615a1aa.png

No.

IMG_5932.thumb.jpeg.c58feed4dfa88b4f7856d358e6d437bc.jpeg

470E5A8D-A624-4A98-ADE4-7CBE9DA86FEB.thumb.png.538273cabac2ec084fc2565961bd3ff9.png

My Wigfrid, Wortox, Wormwood & sometimes even Wurt.. rely on those Tails!

Assigning them to the Headslot would make them only useable by Wortox.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No.

IMG_5932.thumb.jpeg.c58feed4dfa88b4f7856d358e6d437bc.jpeg

470E5A8D-A624-4A98-ADE4-7CBE9DA86FEB.thumb.png.538273cabac2ec084fc2565961bd3ff9.png

My Wigfrid, Wortox, Wormwood & sometimes even Wurt.. rely on those Tails!

Assigning them to the Headslot would make them only useable by Wortox.

I never said "remove the tail feature from pants", especially since many folks use it.
I am saying that head piece should affect tail as well, like certain heads do for Wormwood while changing his hand/feet.

• Like 2