"Host of Horrors" Content Update Available Now!

1 hour ago, Wonz said:

Is furniture still having oddly tough unlocking requirement for a cosmetic? 

From what I can tell, you can get the relic chair blueprint from a sitting horror (found underground in the ruins area of caves content)

Seeing as how some PCs can’t run caves content I think there should be a surface way to obtain the chair, maybe even make them part of Charlie’s Stage Play would ABSOLUTELY Make Sense… 

But for right now (and to the best of my knowledge anyway..) there’s two ways to obtain the furniture BP- one is to kill a sitting horror, the other is to annoyingly put a specific list of ingredients into a storage chest found in the ruins in a specific placement order.

Neither of these sound as simple as just destroying chairs that could (& should..) spawn at Charlie’s stage though.

As far as the SawHorse thing goes, I have absolutely no idea how you obtain that… I unfortunately haven’t even had time to play the update yet, I’ve been far too busy trying to complete my battle passes in other games before they run out of time on them.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

maybe even make them part of Charlie’s Stage Play would ABSOLUTELY Make Sense… 

What stage has to do with furniture? Also it sounds like one drop per few days for one player. 

Why not just add it to stagehand, it's a table that hands over blueprints.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

As far as the SawHorse thing goes, I have absolutely no idea how you obtain that… I unfortunately haven’t even had time to play the update yet

odd considering you've been very vocal about your opinions regarding any beta changes

if you build a chair for one cranky granny out in the sea, she'll give you bp for the sawhorse

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Seeing as how some PCs can’t run caves content I think there should be a surface way to obtain the chair

with the amount of content tied to caves, I don't see why this should be changed

also caveless words, :(

at that point I'd rather you try to find a dedicated server to ease the load on your device, or upgrade. It may sound harsh and dismissive but you'll be missing out on 40% of the DST experience if you don't have caves at these times. I certainly had to do that before and it was a pain to play. Never want to experience that again

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

30 minutes ago, mykenception said:

with the amount of content tied to caves, I don't see why this should be changed

also caveless words, :(

at that point I'd rather you try to find a dedicated server to ease the load on your device, or upgrade. It may sound harsh and dismissive but you'll be missing out on 40% of the DST experience if you don't have caves at these times. I certainly had to do that before and it was a pain to play. Never want to experience that again

He’s just being contrarian because he’s bored. He does not play on PC so he’s just making excuses because caves are oh so scary to traverse. He’s console 

• Like 3
  • Wavey 1
  • Shopcat 1

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

He’s just being contrarian because he’s bored. He does not play on PC so he’s just making excuses because caves are oh so scary to traverse. He’s console 

Not that you are but please don't lump us console players together. Some of us are more or less perfectly happy with the game on console. Yeah it can always be improved but its pretty stable and extremely fun to play on console (next gen at least, late game mega worlds start to really lag on ps4). I like not having access to mods and console commands for the most part (some mods do look super juicy) as it keeps the game as a pure intended experience etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

Actually.. I’m just being considerate of people who are actually in that position, I have an Xbox Series S, the game has next to no loading problems (save for a few bugs..) and loads very quickly, but that doesn’t change the fact some people play on old PCs and can’t run cave worlds. 
I suppose they could technically just “Admin Command” what they want, but I still think it just makes a lot more sense if Charlie’s Stage Play Set Piece had Chairs we could break and get the Blueprint from.

In fact, now that we have Chairs & a Sitting animation- Maybe Klei should revist the Stageplay set piece and add a few chairs to it.

not only would it be Cute, but it would also be a super fast way for even the most noobish of players to obtain chair crafts! :wilson_love:

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Not that you are but please don't lump us console players together. Some of us are more or less perfectly happy with the game on console. Yeah it can always be improved but its pretty stable and extremely fun to play on console (next gen at least, late game mega worlds start to really lag on ps4). I like not having access to mods and console commands for the most part (some mods do look super juicy) as it keeps the game as a pure intended experience etc.

What are you talking about. I play console too. What did I say that indicated I’m unhappy with console 

• Like 1

...I just wish totally cosmetic things didn't require me to go traipsing around in a place where the local ambience drives you insane over time and danger can come from every direction, including the floor and ceiling. And then find one exact specific area in a huge ocean, and beat up ocean creatures in order to meet one particular character.

...is the Furniture Megapack Mod broken because of this new update? It probably is. Dangit. 'Cos I kinda think I just wanna stick with that. It's awesome that we CAN craft new cool-looking things to make our bases more homey now but...why is unlocking it not just that a new prototyper is now under that category (the Sawhorse) and a new tool under that one? (saw) To me this feels like something we should be able to make with ordinary materials we already have--since, yaknow, it's cosmetic. You can have it be an Alchemy Engine recipe instead of a Science Machine one, if you like. But finding specific monsters in the cave and then crossing an ocean? For cosmetics?

(says the person who once went on an epic nighttime winter ocean voyage just to get an ALSO purely cosmetic kitty.:P)

Spoiler

snowrowing.thumb.png.7a15886d3bed9e08d2977deddcc45542.png

That piece of wood stuck on our boat may or may not be from another boat that didn't do so well. :P

Maybe it'll start off the way it is now and then get less complicated, like the recipe for the Clean Sweeper did, after it was first implemented. I hope.

...Notorious

Edited by CaptainChaotica
got the name of the mod wrong. oops.
  • Like 2

I have a question is there a limit for spark arks to drop by Wagstaff ? because I first Killed Mutated DeerClops then Mutated Varg and Finally Bearger after that I got a spark ark from Wagstaff then I killed a varg for the second spark ark I was in autumn so I waited for the winter for DeerClops I defeated her so I got my 3rd spark ark But! after that I went for the forth spark ark and went to kill a Varg that I found but after I defeated mutated Varg I didn't get any spark ark Rolled Back and killed him again but still nothing there was nothing about a limit to spark arks right ? or did I miss something

3 minutes ago, MMD MTi said:

I have a question is there a limit for spark arks to drop by Wagstaff ? because I first Killed Mutated DeerClops then Mutated Varg and Finally Bearger after that I got a spark ark from Wagstaff then I killed a varg for the second spark ark I was in autumn so I waited for the winter for DeerClops I defeated her so I got my 3rd spark ark But! after that I went for the forth spark ark and went to kill a Varg that I found but after I defeated mutated Varg I didn't get any spark ark Rolled Back and killed him again but still nothing there was nothing about a limit to spark arks right ? or did I miss something

From what ive heard, after you kill the trio, you get 1 arc everytime you kill just 1, but you still have to do all 3

Yes, this means you're locked to 3 an year as bearger only shows up once per autumn

Edited by Brago-sama

On 10/20/2023 at 12:07 PM, Wonz said:

Is furniture still having oddly tough unlocking requirement for a cosmetic? 

Kill a resting horror which spawns on chairs in the ruins to get a chair blueprint then place the blueprint on pearls island. So yeah basically the same just resting horrors have pre-rift variants now so no longer endgame.

Hello everyone, in the forums and at Klei

Just want to say thank you for the new update, and keeping Dont Starve together as such fun and often updated game. 

Dont Starve together is myself and my Wives favorite game, we have spent hundreds of hours across our different devices, and countless hours of fun.

Keep up the great work.

thank you again.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

...I just wish totally cosmetic things didn't require me to go traipsing around in a place where the local ambience drives you insane over time and danger can come from every direction, including the floor and ceiling. And then find one exact specific area in a huge ocean, and beat up ocean creatures in order to meet one particular character.

...is the Furniture Megapack Mod broken because of this new update? It probably is. Dangit. 'Cos I kinda think I just wanna stick with that. It's awesome that we CAN craft new cool-looking things to make our bases more homey now but...why is unlocking it not just that a new prototyper is now under that category (the Sawhorse) and a new tool under that one? (saw) To me this feels like something we should be able to make with ordinary materials we already have--since, yaknow, it's cosmetic. You can have it be an Alchemy Engine recipe instead of a Science Machine one, if you like. But finding specific monsters in the cave and then crossing an ocean? For cosmetics?

(says the person who once went on an epic nighttime winter ocean voyage just to get an ALSO purely cosmetic kitty.:P)

Reveal hidden contents

snowrowing.thumb.png.7a15886d3bed9e08d2977deddcc45542.png

That piece of wood stuck on our boat may or may not be from another boat that didn't do so well. :P

Maybe it'll start off the way it is now and then get less complicated, like the recipe for the Clean Sweeper did, after it was first implemented. I hope.

...Notorious

I’m playing the game right now, and apparently.. the chair blueprint can only be obtained through the original shoving a specific order of items in a ruins chest, or by killing a “Resting Horror” that spawns sitting in the chairs only found in the Ruins area of the game, it feels Overly complicated for some purely decorative furniture items.

To add further fuel to that fire- you need to craft a Relic Chair on Hermit Granny’s Island before she coughs up the SawHorse Blueprint (thing that makes pretty furniture)

I don’t understand why or even how Klei thinks this much obscurity is actually HEALTHY for their game..

In my Opinion the SawHorse should’ve just been a new craft that was NOT tied to the ruins or Crabby Granny, (like Manniquinns were just added as a thing that didn’t require a bunch of hoop jumping to get)

Id freaking LOVE to see Minecraft Require me to go to EnderCity just to get a Craft BP for some wooden furniture. :lol:
(that’s a joke.. that would be annoying.)

Im actually trying to learn how to SUMMON Crab King, I’ve put pearls dumb Pearl into it.. and it still won’t wake up, apparently the Wiki says I need to put 9 Gems into it.. DST should get an award for being the most unnecessarily overly complex game on the entire planet.

And again.. it isn’t healthy for the game, how is anyone going to ever supposed to figure out the summoning process for CrabKing without YouTube guides/wiki pages?!? 

Lately I’ve been feeling depressed with DST, like coming here to these forums and expressing my concerns, opinions, and feelings about the game, it all seems like it’s for a lost cause. I get criticized & judged for not being able to quote “Git Gud” when I can’t even figure out the summoning process for CrabKing, let alone what I’ll need to do to actually fight the freakin thing..

The New Waypoint system seems like it was added to help guide newer players into exploring parts of the game, which is nice.. I err guess? But- Then other parts of the game (such as above mentioned relic chair from ruins placed on Hermit Island to obtain SawHorse BP) just seem to intentionally be Obscure.. and I just don’t understand Why.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

how is anyone going to ever supposed to figure out the summoning process for CrabKing

Technically you can discover Crab King without wiki, character quotes do say you need gems for it, and it's obvious that you need multiple gems for multiple sockets on the crab. It would just take a long time for spoiler free players to discover, but eventually they'll.

• Like 1

...yeah I'm'a stick with the Furniture Megapack mod, if I just want some pretty stuff in my base. I won't be able to actually use a sitting animation on it, but, meh. Couldn't before, anyway, so that hasn't changed.

(unless of course that mod is now broken, which is VERY likely. The glitch that took down my longest-amount-of-days server happened when a new bit of code went into the game that made it so certain items that originally didn't have a way to customize their appearance, now you could--and the MOD I had been using which did the same thing to those same items, conflicted with the new code to where I couldn't even load that world anymore.

Oh well, at least I can legit tell myself that I never actually perma-DIED on my best run ever--I was stopped by Act of Glitch. :P)

I guess I'll try it on a new throwaway world to see if it breaks anything. Heh.

..Notorious

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _zwb said:

Technically you can discover Crab King without wiki, character quotes do say you need gems for it, and it's obvious that you need multiple gems for multiple sockets on the crab. It would just take a long time for spoiler free players to discover, but eventually they'll.

there's also that r.o.t. trailer that specifically shows crab king with a bunch of gems

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Lately I’ve been feeling depressed with DST, like coming here to these forums and expressing my concerns, opinions, and feelings about the game, it all seems like it’s for a lost cause. I get criticized & judged for not being able to quote “Git Gud” when I can’t even figure out the summoning process for CrabKing, let alone what I’ll need to do to actually fight the freakin thing..

weren't you judging megabasers for "wanting" an easier game without "uncompromising" challenge? now here you are, with the company of other 2 users that always suggesting things to make the game easier, complaining about how super hard is to go in autumn to the ruins and get a blueprint in the ruins

there is your challenge 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shopcat 1

46 minutes ago, MoonWormwood said:

weren't you judging megabasers for "wanting" an easier game without "uncompromising" challenge? now here you are, with the company of other 2 users that always suggesting things to make the game easier, complaining about how super hard is to go in autumn to the ruins and get a blueprint in the ruins

there is your challenge 

I think you heavily misjudge what I actually consider to be a challenge.. 

Having Brightshades infest the resources I would otherwise normally regularly collect who upon killing also yields powerful gear & weapons I can craft from the very resources they drop upon killing them = Challenge.

Having to go to two or three obscure areas of the game, just to obtain some purely decorational furniture items that won’t reward me with new powerful weapons or gear = Highly Annoying.

You do understand that I would buy and enjoy the skin packs for these furniture items if I could actually reliably Craft said furniture within the first day of starting a world right??? 

Instead- It’s tied to Mid/Late Game.. You have to have enough knowledge to traverse and live through the ruins long enough to obtain a relic BP, and THEN you have to build a boat sail out to sea and find pearls dumb hermit island to obtain the SawHorse BP, which if you don’t exactly understand what I’m trying to say here:

it’s a significant “Long-Term” investment into a world to get to enjoy cute base furniture that I would OTHERWISE buy a ton of skins for.

(Gothic furniture set incoming for Hallowed nights maybe? ;))

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1