"Host of Horrors" Content Update Available Now!

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Sure I suppose a skilled player can go fetch the relic chair BP AND find pearls hermit home by day 11..

It takes 3 days to get it in a seeded world (which is what most people who start long-term worlds do anyway to make sure the worldgen isn't terrible), I can't imagine it taking even 11 days unseeded if you only do the necessary things to get sawhorse blueprint without doing anything else that isn't related to it. You don't need to kill anything except spiders and resting horror and that was just the first world that got generated for checking how long it takes to get the blueprint.

• Wavey 1

4 hours ago, Harrowick said:

I wonder, are we getting any skins for Hallowed Nights this year? I always look forward to this time of year heeheeheeeee! :distant:

Maybe some item skins and such, but as for character skins, I expect we'll only get a Wanda skin, to fill in the missing spot in the non-constant costume set.

• Like 5

I just...I read the notes about the upcoming update and for a week before, was like "YES! We'll finally have canon furniture in the game that isn't a mod! And, we can finally (gasp!) SIT!"

...and then it actually came out, and I logged into the game, and was like, "Okay, where is it?" I looked through all my alchemy engine's crafting categories that seemed even slightly relevant. Structures? no, Decoration? no....oh no. Oh NO. NO. Don't tell me. Do not TELL me, that they added something purely decorative and cute to the game, and you have to go through freaking COMBAT AND DANGER to get i--

(reads forums)

Yeah, ya do, of COURSE you do GOD DAMMIT!
(metaphorically yeets computer off the desk)

Spoiler

And that's how I felt, and will always feel. We should not have to sail the ocean blue and go to the RUINS, full of nightmare creatures that spawn even when you're sane, to get a freaking TABLE! Why. Did. They. DO. This.

I bet you--I BET you, there was probably at least one person at the meeting where they discussed this, who was like "But, this is a peaceful, building-player kind of addition. Why are we locking it away behind combat? You KNOW we're gonna get comments about this. There's gonna be all kinds of dumb jokes and analogies from some of the fans."

Other Klei Person: "Nah, it's fine."

First Klei Person, now, reading things like my post where I liken this to having to be Indiana Jones to enter IKEA: "I *TOLD* you!"

I  mean, this is such an EXPECTED AND OBVIOUS reaction!, considering what it _is_, vs. what you have to do to GET it! There might not have been that person/that conversation, but I would not at all be surprised if there was.

Or to sum up my main point again: Don't make the Stardew Valley type crafty decoratey type players have to deal with the freaking ruins monsters! It's. A decoration. And a structure. Just add it to one of those categories for EVERYONE (who has an alchemy engine)!

...Notorious

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I just...I read the notes about the upcoming update and for a week before, was like "YES! We'll finally have canon furniture in the game that isn't a mod! And, we can finally (gasp!) SIT!"

...and then it actually came out, and I logged into the game, and was like, "Okay, where is it?" I looked through all my alchemy engine's crafting categories that seemed even slightly relevant. Structures? no, Decoration? no....oh no. Oh NO. NO. Don't tell me. Do not TELL me, that they added something purely decorative and cute to the game, and you have to go through freaking COMBAT AND DANGER to get i--

(reads forums)

Hide contents

And that's how I felt, and will always feel. We should not have to sail the ocean blue and go to the RUINS, full of nightmare creatures that spawn even when you're sane, to get a freaking TABLE! Why. Did. They. DO. This.

I bet you--I BET you, there was probably at least one person at the meeting where they discussed this, who was like "But, this is a peaceful, building-player kind of addition. Why are we locking it away behind combat? You KNOW we're gonna get comments about this. There's gonna be all kinds of dumb jokes and analogies from some of the fans."

First Klei Person, now, reading things like my post where I liken this to having to be Indiana Jones to enter IKEA: "I *TOLD* you!"

I  mean, this is such an EXPECTED AND OBVIOUS reaction!, considering what it _is_, vs. what you have to do to GET it! There might not have been that person/that conversation, but I would not at all be surprised if there was.

Or to sum up my main point again: Don't make the Stardew Valley type crafty decoratey type players have to deal with the freaking ruins monsters! It's. A decoration. And a structure. Just add it to one of those categories for EVERYONE (who has an alchemy engine)!

...Notorious

Granted, now you need to give Pearl's broken Pearl back to Pearl in order to get the sawhorse blueprint.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

(reads forums)

Reveal hidden contents

...Notorious

I totally get where you're coming from and honestly even agree for the most part however combat is a pretty big part of dst and most importantly progression is important in all games. You perform tasks and beat missions/content and receive rewards. 

Also don't you have to literally just attack the resting horror now to get the chair blueprint? Then you just gotta make a chair for Pearl. Resting horror can't attack you back so it's pretty easy and not much danger tbh, you just gotta make the trip to the ruins then Pearls Island which isn't that difficult just a little time consuming.

Edited by GelatinousCube
  • Like 3
  • Potato Cup 1

I wasn't able to find anything that confirmed this, but Host of Horrors and Hallowed Nights are not available on the Switch right now, correct? I haven't received any update notifications and from what I could tell from previous years, those events/updates usually come like a month-ish later for the Switch. Just wanted to confirm I wasn't missing something.

I'm waiting for a new update for free stuff to crack them.                                                                                           This is game is best!!!!!!

Edited by Mahad422
I love DST!
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 8:00 PM, grm9 said:

It takes 3 days to get it in a seeded world (which is what most people who start long-term worlds do anyway to make sure the worldgen isn't terrible), I can't imagine it taking even 11 days unseeded if you only do the necessary things to get sawhorse blueprint without doing anything else that isn't related to it. You don't need to kill anything except spiders and resting horror and that was just the first world that got generated for checking how long it takes to get the blueprint.

I play in a world with pros, a day 600 world. Nobody is bothered to go get it, it is not about how hard it is. It is such an out of the way thing. I am confounded why people and klei believe it should be locked behind such an involved process. First you go to the ruins, be insane, hit the shadow thing, then make your way up to the surface and go to pearl to place the chair.

Just make it cost bottles, or even just make it an alchemmy engine craft. There is no reason for this cosmetic item that Klei is using for monitization to be so hidden and kept away from literally everyone.

Edited by Jakepeng99
  • Like 2

@Jason With the new beta active, and the current main menu animation screen about to be replaced with a new animation- I’d like to take this time to Beg for the current main menu theme to be added into the game as a Loading Screen Vignette. (The Hallowed Nights version with ornaments hanging off Deerclops)

IMG_5966.jpeg.013046e80b12cf2b38b492b93e8bc619.jpeg

I would hate for this image to disappear into obscurity forever <\3

• Like 4

On 12/2/2023 at 2:58 PM, Mike23Ua said:

@Jason With the new beta active, and the current main menu animation screen about to be replaced with a new animation- I’d like to take this time to Beg for the current main menu theme to be added into the game as a Loading Screen Vignette. (The Hallowed Nights version with ornaments hanging off Deerclops)

IMG_5966.jpeg.013046e80b12cf2b38b492b93e8bc619.jpeg

I would hate for this image to disappear into obscurity forever <\3

I fully agree, but that does raise the question, what images ARE used for loading screen vignettes?

Only some of the updates appear to which comes off as weird. Like I can't find any for taking root and Terrors below, but can for forgotten knowledge and eye of the storm.