"Host of Horrors" Content Update Available Now!

5 minutes ago, WhackE said:

I am so proud of Klei for making Wortox's skin the way it is, it's the default but with some additions that make it unique, that is absolutely perfect. arguably the best skin this update.

Wanted something like that for a while, hope Wurt can get something similar too. 

• Big Ups 2

I really want to buy THESE Decorative skins..

IMG_5946.thumb.png.c497fa74debac4d3c657f1029b14b3fd.png

But if they’re tied to late game world progress I literally may as well not even bother, because I’ll rarely if ever see any use for them.

There is a common misconception among these forums that only “End Game” MegaBasers like to buy skins & that simply couldn’t be further from the truth! I want to enjoy pretty base decorations/item skins too- But if those skins are for items I’ll rarely if even ever get to use…. I don’t even bother buying them.

I bought the Broodling pet den skin and have only fought Dragonfly maybe 3 or 4 times to get to enjoy it.

And that’s just ONE Example.. I only buy skins for items I can actually easy access/frequently use, and as pretty as these are: I’m pretty certain their tied to late game progress..

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Haha 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

Is anyone going to talk about the WX and Wagstaff in the end of the animated short? WX is going to have additional modules either way but, perhaps this is a nod to their skill tree coming next? Like a lunar/wagstaff branch thing? Or maybe we get robot Wagstaff? Maybe i'm just grasping at the straws again!

Edited by Bughead
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • GL Happy 1

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But if they’re tied to late game world progress I literally may as well not even bother, because I’ll rarely if ever see any use for them.

I mean you can get the relic chair blueprint early game from sitting horrors too now?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I really want to buy THESE Decorative skins..

IMG_5946.thumb.png.c497fa74debac4d3c657f1029b14b3fd.png

There is a common misconception among these forums that only “End Game” MegaBasers like to buy skins & that simply couldn’t be further from the truth! I want to enjoy pretty base decorations/item skins too- But if those skins are for items I’ll rarely if even ever get to use…. I don’t even bother buying them.

I bought the Broodling pet den skin and have only fought Dragonfly maybe 3 or 4 times to get to enjoy it.

And that’s just ONE Example.. I only buy skins for items I can actually easy access/frequently use, and as pretty as these are: I’m pretty certain their tied to late game progress..

Mike do you just complain to complain, chill. You aren’t certain of anything. You can get the relic chair blueprint without killing Fuelweaver, just get a lantern and head to the ruins and punch a chair. 

9 minutes ago, Bughead said:

Is anyone going to talk about the WX and Wagstaff in the end of the animated short? WX is going to have additional modules either way but, perhaps this is a nod to their skill tree coming next? Like a lunar/wagstaff branch thing? Or maybe we get robot Wagstaff? Maybe i'm just grasping at the straws again!

I think it was a nod to WARBIS but hopefully he gets a skill tree next

• Like 6

• Developer
18 minutes ago, MrKoopa said:

Looks good, decided to buy the skins but one of them does not appear correctly.

This is fixed internally for the next hotfix. For more bugs and issues could you put them to the bug tracker for the team to see them easier? https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together/

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But if they’re tied to late game world progress I literally may as well not even bother

They aren't, and never were if you count the ancient chest blueprint. They're even easier to get now that sitting horrors spawn pre-rift now as well.

35 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

There is a common misconception among these forums that only “End Game” MegaBasers like to buy skins & that simply couldn’t be further from the truth! I want to enjoy pretty base decorations/item skins too- But if those skins are for items I’ll rarely if even ever get to use…. I don’t even bother buying them!

I never play Walter or Wendy but I'm not mad when they add skins for Abigail or Walter's dumb little hat. I also don't buy the skins for content I don't intend to use, and don't expect the devs to only make skins for the content I do use.

The only skins I think are a little silly or unnecessary are the ones for the deconstruction staff, that thing has a durability of 5 and yet it has two skins.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SlotMachineGun7 said:

The pictures of the new content and twitch drops on the main menu hasnt updated in awhile, Host of Horrors doesnt deserve to have the year of the bunnyman picture. Any plans to fix this?

image.png

Are you playing offline?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Auth said:

They aren't, and never were if you count the ancient chest blueprint. They're even easier to get now that sitting horrors spawn pre-rift now as well.

I never play Walter or Wendy but I'm not mad when they add skins for Abigail or Walter's dumb little hat. I also don't buy the skins for content I don't intend to use, and don't expect the devs to only make skins for the content I do use.

The only skins I think are a little silly or unnecessary are the ones for the deconstruction staff, that thing has a durability of 5 and yet it has two skins.

I think you missed my point entirely.

Instead of Klei only getting roughly 20% of players to buy these very pretty looking skins, if crafting them were easy to do- More players would buy the skins.

And that’s not just my opinion either! The most purchased skins are for the ones players can obtain super early into the game (like backpack & crockpot skins)

Meanwhile.. Something like a skin for the Lazy Forager is going to see significantly less sales.

• Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

1 hour ago, skile said:

Wanted something like that for a while, hope Wurt can get something similar too. 

I wish they would do it with the skin of a surviving Wurt

This update is extremely good, treler 10/10. Skins 11/10 (especially the fact that wortex did not change the race and remained himself, for this a separate praise) they have completed a collection of honorary skins and now I am waiting with all my heart for the skins of the survivors, as well as the fact that in the paintings of the merma it is also very cool

904918707_preview_tumblr_static_1dgo2rahsiw0oc08og40k4oso_2048_v2.gif

• Spool 1