Dragonfly got nerfed?!?!

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

NOTHING About Dragonfly was Uncompromising (except maybe the few times you wandered through her desert as a noob) after that it just becomes a tedious highly repetitive fight.

Oh damn son. I know that DF is not a challenge to you Mike but you don’t have to be so aggressive about it.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

if you want Uncompromising look for it elsewhere… a good example would be Tumbleweeds- these actually have a very low chance to spawn hostile mobs,

wait what

9 hours ago, Gashzer said:

Yeah marble suit is my go to for kiting "old" dragonfly. The -30% speed penality actually helps kiting her. Perfect if you don't want to grind healing for the fight.

Maybe they are going to get rid of the wall cheese soon... if they did then ill be happy letting this change stay as actually having to fight the larve would instantly make the fight harder again.

fighting her using ice staffs plus her non bugged moving atacks is really fun

As somebody who has never successfully defeated a DST boss, I can only comment on the "newbies accidentally run into Dragonfly" part. And that part was very good as it was. When somebody runs around and suddenly hears buzzing and sees that huge monster, then the next thing anyone expects is danger, and she used to deliver that danger perfectly well while still allowing swift players to escape.

Arcwell's video clearly demonstrates why she is a disappointment to new players now.

2 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

As somebody who has never successfully defeated a DST boss, I can only comment on the "newbies accidentally run into Dragonfly" part. And that part was very good as it was. When somebody runs around and suddenly hears buzzing and sees that huge monster, then the next thing anyone expects is danger, and she used to deliver that danger perfectly well while still allowing swift players to escape.

Arcwell's video clearly demonstrates why she is a disappointment to new players now.

Seems fair to me.

"You people do not learn. Curiosity just killed you." - Dragonfly.

3 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

When I am explaining dst to new players, the first thing i teach is about the danger of the world and why you dont need to fear anything in the game, because all the entities stop moving when they starting attacking (even the player), so I tell them that they can actually outrun any entity in the game if they move in a straight line, and after telling this, I start talking about the exceptions, which is dfly, twins of terror and eye of terror. between these 3 bosses that you cant escape running in a straigh line, only eye of terror and twins (if not enraged) are possible to escape without speed modifiers (just use W and A or other combination (W+D, S+A, S+D) to escape lol), now only twins of terror (enraged) are deadly if a new player stay still waiting to see what those 2 giant eyes will do to them XD

Spoiler

we dont talk about catcoons in here :skull:

I always wall of the lava pools as i mostly play solo while i really enjoy fighting dragonfly without lavae, it feels so fulfilling when i don't get hit once and now the boss with unique kiting pattern is gone, there's just not enough variety when it comes to fights to just remove this.

What is the difference between Dragonfly and any other kite-able mob except the health/enrage ability? Honestly if Treeguard attack killed the player on hit it wouldn't matter unless you were lagging as even new player that just learned to kite would be able dodge all the attacks.

2 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

I always wall of the lava pools as i mostly play solo while i really enjoy fighting dragonfly without lavae, it feels so fulfilling when i don't get hit once and now the boss with unique kiting pattern is gone, there's just not enough variety when it comes to fights to just remove this.

What is the difference between Dragonfly and any other kite-able mob except the health/enrage ability? Honestly if Treeguard attack killed the player on hit it wouldn't matter unless you were lagging as even new player that just learned to kite would be able dodge all the attacks.

Look I’m just going to say this since I literally held #4 in the world for the global leaderboards of the Arkham games, Even on the Hardest Difficulty setting, with all on screen button prompts removed, once you learn the game well enough- you can perform a 300 hit combo without ever being touched. (There’s also a secret boss fight that unlocks if you do..) That’s because once you learn a game/enemies kiting pattern- everything just becomes a matter of muscle Memory.

And sure Dragonfly chasing you down and smacking you may have been “different” but she never engages in that behavior unless your trying to do what Noobs would do and run away in a panic, if you were skilled enough to fight her and stay close so the fast swipe never activated- then Klei removing this won’t even effect you.

What it DOES Effect however are the noobs who are walking around exploring the map.. and then this thing chases them down and murders them relentlessly.

When almost every other boss has to be summoned in some highly obscure way.. 

Even Deerclops and Bearger are completely passive until you get close to them, well Deerclops activates on range/ Bearger you can stand right under her feet and she won’t care.

I wouldn’t have a problem with Dragonfly so much if I needed to I don’t know, go to a distant island of hot lava, collect a dragon egg, bring it back to those lava ponds and throw it over into it to summon her.

But as she stands right now- Her biome can (and on Xbox happens quite often) spawn in between other biomes you need to get to & because they’re noobs- of course they’re going to attempt to attack it when it chases them.. only now- they may actually be able to flee away without dying.

And as I said: if you were skilled enough to not trigger this fleeing slap (yes I’m trademarking that as the official name of the move) then you won’t even notice it’s missing.

it has nothing to do with skill. Since it was seemingly not even intended by the devs, her movement attack was very erratic with no real pattern to learn. If it didn't trigger you simply rolled lucky. 

But in the end it's really needed back because she's no threat without it.

18 minutes ago, Well-met said:

it has nothing to do with skill. Since it was seemingly not even intended by the devs, her movement attack was very erratic with no real pattern to learn. If it didn't trigger you simply rolled lucky. 

"kiting dfly is just a dice roll with no pattern to figure out" was not the take I was expecting to read today

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s because once you learn a game/enemies kiting pattern- everything just becomes a matter of muscle Memory.

Try to do this with Bee Queen then.

I don't even know why being #4 in arkham games is relevant here as it's not the same as DST. I have multiple high score records in bullet hell games and still have problems with fighting AF because these two games aren't the same.

Dragonfly moving while attacking is a thing that is unique to her, and remove it just makes her not that interesting anymore.

Noobs being killed by dragonfly when exploring? Then they will learn not to mess with her the next time playing. (You can outrun her when walking on the road btw) And if they think they can take on a giant monster early with an axe, well, good luck to them xd.

This probably isn't intentional. Correct me if I'm wrong but Maxwell's shadow prison literally broke this fight prior to them changing this right? I haven't tried it before myself so have no idea.

I think it had a lot to do with Dragonfly's coding being so dependent on her needing to be able to move to attack or go summon her larvae, and they're looking for ways to combat that. There's probably a lot of "if or" statements at play in the code that are constantly checking for dfly to be able to move in order to initiate that attack, else she just never attacks or something similar, and a unique spell like this was never something they thought would impact Dragon during her creation which is absolutely fair. 

This is coming from a super novice coder and take it with a grain of salt lol. I hope it gets reverted tho! Dragonfly's flying haymaker is sooo iconic and trademark to her, klei pls.

Archived