Dragonfly got nerfed?!?!

Dragonfly dosen't do her iconic slide-slap anymore, and thus cannot land a hit on moving player. 

Okay, I'm assuming this is a glitch,  and thus I don't need to explain why this change is possibly the worse idea in dst history. But in case it's intentional, I would Iike to inform players on it, and see what they have to say about it. 

Personally, i think dragonfly is the hardest boss to kite, and I would rather keep her that way, since challenging yet fair bosses are very fun. I don't need another baby boss for babies like ancient guardian. 

Just now, Cheggf said:

I think bee queen is the hardest to dodge. Most players don't even know you can. But if df is broken right now it's probably somehow related to them trying to fix the wall spell cheese and hopefully just a bug.

yeah, it is probably a bug

For new player it isn't very clear why is she hitting them despite them trying to dodge her. For us nothing changes but for players not aware of the gimmick used to make her not slide is making her more approachable. I could even see people try to fight her without cheesing her larvae with walls now since both dodging lavae and timing and measuring distance from dragonfly was just encouraging the wall cheese more.

It could be step in good direction even if not intentional. 

Just now, MadMatt said:

My uncompromising survival game!!!! :mad-new:

NOTHING About Dragonfly was Uncompromising (except maybe the few times you wandered through her desert as a noob) after that it just becomes a tedious highly repetitive fight.

if you want Uncompromising look for it elsewhere… a good example would be Tumbleweeds- these actually have a very low chance to spawn hostile mobs, but imagine if you could increase the frequency of those low chance encounters? It would up the chaos.

Im of the opinion that the games content should be approachable and enjoyable to players of varying skill levels and it’s clear that Klei sides with this opinion by nerfing bosses, giving characters more useful abilities, lowering resource crafting costs, and giving options such as taking 33% reduced damage.

Sure you can complain about it making the game too easy, but if anything was going to do THAT it was making Cobblestone Roads easy to craft and Eyebrellas & Walking Canes easy to farm with a flare, and making food easy to grow even through Winter.

What we really need is new seasons, new mobs, new worldly events.. and making Dragonfly less likely to murder poor newbies doesn’t effect that.

12 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

Klei, please bring back Dragonfly's moving attack. This just feels free.

in normal game the two first attacks she would have moved and hit you, but the last attack she didnt move, it means that you can dodge with marble suit in normal game right now, i didnt know about that.

40 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

NOTHING About Dragonfly was Uncompromising (except maybe the few times you wandered through her desert as a noob) after that it just becomes a tedious highly repetitive fight.

if you want Uncompromising look for it elsewhere… a good example would be Tumbleweeds- these actually have a very low chance to spawn hostile mobs, but imagine if you could increase the frequency of those low chance encounters? It would up the chaos.

Im of the opinion that the games content should be approachable and enjoyable to players of varying skill levels and it’s clear that Klei sides with this opinion by nerfing bosses, giving characters more useful abilities, lowering resource crafting costs, and giving options such as taking 33% reduced damage.

Sure you can complain about it making the game too easy, but if anything was going to do THAT it was making Cobblestone Roads easy to craft and Eyebrellas & Walking Canes easy to farm with a flare, and making food easy to grow even through Winter.

What we really need is new seasons, new mobs, new worldly events.. and making Dragonfly less likely to murder poor newbies doesn’t effect that.

hard disagree

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

You know... that's a joke right?

Yeah uh... if the fight had something I always considered boring was how tanky the Lavaes are, which is why I just end up walling up the whole ponds, so if I wanted a nerf it would be to lower their health and I'd enjoy fighting them more personally without walls, but the attack while she was moving is too anchored in this fight, it was great, this doesn't feel as unique as before and really remove one important aspect of messing up the fight, it's much more permissive than needed :/

1 hour ago, dois raios said:

in normal game the two first attacks she would have moved and hit you, but the last attack she didnt move, it means that you can dodge with marble suit in normal game right now, i didnt know about that.

Yeah marble suit is my go to for kiting "old" dragonfly. The -30% speed penality actually helps kiting her. Perfect if you don't want to grind healing for the fight.

Maybe they are going to get rid of the wall cheese soon... if they did then ill be happy letting this change stay as actually having to fight the larve would instantly make the fight harder again.

31 minutes ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

I better kill dragonfly 50 times over before this gets reverted. :o

The loot you get from it isn’t even worth killing it 50 times. I’ve killed her maybe 4-5x but unless you’ve progressed far enough into the game to actually have unlocked items that use Orange/Green Gems- Then they will just sit in your base looking like pretty base decorations. 
With that said: If anyone could actually get the items that use these type of gems then it’s pretty safe to say that they’ve progressed well beyond Dragonfly.

And by the way yes I 100% ABSOLUTELY feel like having to wander around in a dark cave with constantly draining sanity in an attempt to find and most likely repair a crafting station another player came through and destroyed to be 5 billion times harder then gathering a few suits of marble armor, some healing items and then walling up lava ponds and smacking Dragonfly until it dies. (Sure a dodge her or a panflute use here..) 

Again no where near as challenging as wandering around in a cave system for hours on end burning through food, light & sanity & if needed healing sources.

The few times I’ve killed Dragonfly I’ve quite literally only fought it for the Broodling pet den critter and the statue recipe.

Two highly pointless items that never deserved such a tediously annoying fight to obtain.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Snip

Hope you are joking here lol

Gems are insanely useful, especially for early game Qol. You don't have to worry about RNG for getting yellow or green gems during a ruins rush (making it somewhat easier). Lets you setup a shadow manipulator, ice staff is super useful vs clockworks if they outnumber you. Furnace is a fantastic boss craft. Scale chest looks awesome.

Even in the late game, you can never have enough yellow gems for star caller staffs. 

Archived