A Little Drama and QOL Update Now Live!

On 10/20/2022 at 6:11 PM, Bird Up said:

gold pitchfork seems out of place. a regular pitchfork has 200 uses! a gold one has 800 uses! How are in the world are you going to dig up 800 turf tiles. What is the point of this item? It will become one of those items that just sits on the floor at base for eternity. I think the golden pitchfork should at least do some good damage, or dig significantly faster. Otherwise there's not much reason to make one because the regular pitchfork + the addition of the turf hat make it kind of obsolete.

Um, I've gone through wayyy more than 4 regular pitchforks in my world.

On 10/21/2022 at 5:27 PM, Mike23Ua said:

I can’t seem to find the new game content.. I’m not even sure if it retro-fitted into my world :(

c_gonext("charlie_stage_post")
c_gonext("statueharp_hedgespawner")

Can also use those prefabs to spawn manually, which is what I did for the stage post, since mine spawned in a terrible spot.

The new Tall Scotch eggs food sprite looks so tasty i literally had to go ahead and make me some.

Sadly shops don't sell Tallbird eggs but chicken eggs worked just as well :3

Edited by ALCRD
  • Hunger 1

There’s a lot of really cool new skins that came with this update and I plan to get some of them eventually, however right now I’m pretty much broke after paying 100$ for Gotham Knights- I do deeply love the Moonbound Wendy skin and all the Tombstone skins though & plan to get a few of them whenever possible, :love_heart: Awesome skins with this update! And also the Mannequins are pretty neat too I mostly use them to make scary dummies holding axes/scythes, weird masks etc.. but- I can also see where these would be great to build and set up near a boss fight for armor and weapons.

I think because of this: Mannequins are by far my favorite part of the new update.

I had the old world. And the new theater was strangely added.

He appeared above the water and cannot be interacted with. It's fixed with pier. But the dogs appear on the other side in a bunch. I like it. Gives zest to my world. Although if I played in a co-op, then it does not allow me to put a pier under the second character's place, which can cause problems for players.
Most likely this happened because of a small river, and the theater thought that this was one territory, since it was able to reach both banks. But I do not know.

20221107212101_1.jpg

20221107213643_1.jpg

20221107213659_1.jpg

I don’t know where to request QOL tweaks for the A little Drama update but- my world is being over ran by costumes and Miners hats…

Please for the love of god HELP!!!

You can “Burn” the masks in a firepit as a fuel source but the lower part “Costume” can’t be burned in a firepit, however: Can still be burned by throwing down beside a fully lit fire so they smolder and burn away. Please allow simply throwing them in the fire like Masks!

Miners Hats are equally annoying, at 0% durability they don’t just destroy/disappear so I got a bunch of 0% miner hats in my world, I would LOVE to be able to hit these with a Hammer and break them down.

5 hours ago, Lokena said:

Just feed them to the lureplant? The game already has a thing that destroys otherwise "indestructible" items.

I don’t think you understand my situation so I’ll try explaining it- the Xbox version of the game can sometimes be very laggy, you can relieve some of this lag by clearing up the loose items laying around in your game world. On PC you can just drag items you don’t want out into the ocean and watch as they disappear, or you can open up the console commands and clear whatever’s making it lag. Xbox can’t drag items into the ocean, sure I can use a Lureplant I guess… but WHEN am I ever going to have one of those conveniently laying around? And then comes the problem of having to carry all these items you want to destroy around inside your inventory till you get them to the area your capable of destroying them within.

Thus I think it would just be better if I could burn the costumes (same as masks) and Hammer the Hats down into another resource (1 gold nugget+ 2 Rock?)

Fun fact: Miners Hats used to turn into Straw Hats if let turn to 0% then you could’ve just continued wearing them till they perish- but that was ages ago!

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t think you understand my situation so I’ll try explaining it- the Xbox version of the game can sometimes be very laggy, you can relieve some of this lag by clearing up the loose items laying around in your game world. On PC you can just drag items you don’t want out into the ocean and watch as they disappear, or you can open up the console commands and clear whatever’s making it lag. Xbox can’t drag items into the ocean, sure I can use a Lureplant I guess… but WHEN am I ever going to have one of those conveniently laying around? And then comes the problem of having to carry all these items you want to destroy around inside your inventory till you get them to the area your capable of destroying them within.

Thus I think it would just be better if I could burn the costumes (same as masks) and Hammer the Hats down into another resource (1 gold nugget+ 2 Rock?)

Fun fact: Miners Hats used to turn into Straw Hats if let turn to 0% then you could’ve just continued wearing them till they perish- but that was ages ago!

lureplants spawn in spring, by that time you shouldnt have that much trash. There is also one guaranteed in pearl's island

dropping stuff in the ocean wont fix the lag problem because the items will still be there. You need to drop them near a lure plant because they are the trash can of the game which can be used with a controller...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

It's true that miner hats turned into straw hats when reaching 0% (and you couldn't refuel them)... however straw hats didn't have durability, meaning they were infinite (they still are in vanilla DS)... Straw hats got durability since RoG, at which point miner hats were already unbreakable and refuelable.

• Like 2

Is the Drama thing glitched? It tells me that I need a broken doll mask to continue my stage play- BUT!! My broken dolls mask has been changed into a Queen.. and I can’t go back and redo an Old act to break a second doll mask.

Is anyone else experiencing this? 
Act calls for Fool, King, Broken Doll.

But my Doll has already transformed to Queen.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

It tells me that I need a broken doll mask to continue my stage play

Most likely a glitch, but when I was collecting masks from green dogs, I got all three versions of a doll mask, including a broken one and... a shadow one? So I guess you can just acquire that mask by chance and try the scene again?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Is the Drama thing glitched? It tells me that I need a broken doll mask to continue my stage play- BUT!! My broken dolls mask has been changed into a Queen.. and I can’t go back and redo an Old act to break a second doll mask.

Seems like the play reset and/or didn't finish the scene it was on in-time.
Keep killing Briar Wolves, you can get another mask, even a broken one.

• Thanks 1