A Little Drama and QOL Update Now Live!

This update is more than awesome! Lots of cool changes, lots of cool skins! But... Goodbye nice sound for the lava net. The new one is less distinct from the basic one, and what's worse, it's a high-pitched sound. Unfortunately, I won't be able to use it with the same pleasure as before, hell, my sensitive hearing can't stand it, it almost hurts. Does anyone happen to know if I can play around with the files and change the sound back? I love this skin, and the sound was part of that love, but now I can't use it without actual physical pain to my ears.

late to the party, but I am absolutly in love with the rosette + lunar theme going on with this update. This game has been as aestheticlly beautiful as it has been fun to play, thank you for all your hard works!

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 2

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

Super glad to finally see Moon skins coming. Although I'm a bit bummed they didn't follow the creepy almost gore-y aesthetics like some of my original concepts from a while back, I'm still really happy to see what we've got!

It's not too late for me to drop hope for my Moonblind Willow skin though. 
variant_good.png

This is absolutely epic art my friend! I wish that Klei would support community artists by taking some of these skins from various artists and offering them in a free community chest once a year. I'd be a great and fun way to support this talented group of people! I would love to see this skin and many others I've seen in game!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, -Variant said:

Super glad to finally see Moon skins coming. Although I'm a bit bummed they didn't follow the creepy almost gore-y aesthetics like some of my original concepts from a while back, I'm still really happy to see what we've got!

It's not too late for me to drop hope for my Moonblind Willow skin though. 
variant_good.png

To be fair, they did atleast followed some creepiness

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, yourAnty said:

image.thumb.png.d0dc0562cc14b862a38e5a6fc37bdc7d.pngperfection

Love love love WX's design. So far my favourite skin of the bunch. I feel like their design is a reference to something but I can't quite figure out what it is. The helmet looks a little bit Darth Vader inspired, but I feel there might be something else I'm missing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Ok, that's it for now. We're well on our way to our next update. I'll tell you one thing, the short that's gonna drop with that one is looking to be something magnificent. Have fun out there!  

Does this imply that the next character refresh is going to be Wilson?

• Like 1

Could Tallbird's Egg be moved from Klaus' loot to sea chests?

1. Klaus is supposed to be the source of boss (or at least rare/difficult enemies') loot.

2. There're already desert stones, spider hats and down feathers to lower the chances of getting an actual good loot. We don't need a common item in there

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, Strampunch said:

Love love love WX's design. So far my favourite skin of the bunch. I feel like their design is a reference to something but I can't quite figure out what it is. The helmet looks a little bit Darth Vader inspired, but I feel there might be something else I'm missing.

Cybermen from Doctor Who? The horns, silver skin, and chest decoration seem very reminiscent of their design, and are very fitting with WX's character.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MadMatt said:

Cybermen from Doctor Who? The horns, silver skin, and chest decoration seem very reminiscent of their design, and are very fitting with WX's character.

you're exactly right! I've never watched Doctor Who but I've seen the Cybermen in merch at every single comic con I've ever gone lol. And this was confirmed by the devs on today's Twitch stream (plus a little bit of Metropolis thrown in there too for good measure).

gold pitchfork seems out of place. a regular pitchfork has 200 uses! a gold one has 800 uses! How are in the world are you going to dig up 800 turf tiles. What is the point of this item? It will become one of those items that just sits on the floor at base for eternity. I think the golden pitchfork should at least do some good damage, or dig significantly faster. Otherwise there's not much reason to make one because the regular pitchfork + the addition of the turf hat make it kind of obsolete.