A Little Drama and QOL Update Now Live!

38 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

gold pitchfork seems out of place. a regular pitchfork has 200 uses! a gold one has 800 uses! How are in the world are you going to dig up 800 turf tiles. What is the point of this item? It will become one of those items that just sits on the floor at base for eternity. I think the golden pitchfork should at least do some good damage, or dig significantly faster. Otherwise there's not much reason to make one because the regular pitchfork + the addition of the turf hat make it kind of obsolete.

All gold tools have 4x durability of their flint counterparts. That's all. Would really be out of place if gold pitchfork was anything different from other gold tools.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

All gold tools have 4x durability of their flint counterparts. That's all. Would really be out of place if gold pitchfork was anything different from other gold tools.

difference being the practicality of actually using the gold pitchfork fully, compared to every other gold tool. I might use 10 flint pickaxes in autumn, but a single flint pitchfork might last me an entire year or longer. Golden pitchfork didnt exist for the past 6 years because it was totally unnecessary. If a better pitchfork were to exist, it doesnt need more durability.

45 minutes ago, Bird Up said:

I might use 10 flint pickaxes in autumn, but a single flint pitchfork might last me an entire year or longer.

These new items are more for megabasers who work with a huge amount of turf for their projects. And the golden pitchfork can hardly get any better, because everything "better" is already its own item, a hat. But you need to fight a boss for it. So we have three instruments for three different stages in the game. Increased durability is good for the middle game, or for those who like to build but don't want to fight. And just because it's not much use for your playstyle doesn't mean that they wouldn't come handy for someone else. It's always good to have more options, because there will always be someone who really wanted something like this, and now it's here if they need it. If it's not for you, just don't craft it in your games. It's not like you must craft every available item.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Bird Up said:

gold pitchfork seems out of place. a regular pitchfork has 200 uses! a gold one has 800 uses! How are in the world are you going to dig up 800 turf tiles. What is the point of this item? It will become one of those items that just sits on the floor at base for eternity. I think the golden pitchfork should at least do some good damage, or dig significantly faster. Otherwise there's not much reason to make one because the regular pitchfork + the addition of the turf hat make it kind of obsolete.

Its been a well requested item in the community for some time now. People need it for mega-basing. It's not locked behind summer (like the helm) so it can be utilized immediately. If you don't feel you'd actually use it up then I recommend using the reg pitchfork...

Edited by LitulLola
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, danovila said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I cannot create an endless server after the update.  Two Endless dedicated servers I manage also changed to survival.  

Anybody else having this issue?

I'm having this same issue. Need to know what is the text setting to update leveldataoverride.lua

• Like 1

• Developer
3 hours ago, kaideraider said:

I'm having this same issue. Need to know what is the text setting to update leveldataoverride.lua

The next hotfix will allow for dedicated servers with game_mode set to endless or wilderness in the cluster.ini to generate properly.

To support the play styles properly, these worldgenoverride files should be used:
MyDediServer/Master/worldgenoverride.lua: worldgenoverride.lua
MyDediServer/Cave/worldgenoverride.lua:worldgenoverride.lua

Both servers must be configured with the same overrides for it to work properly. The Klei account server configure page is being updated and we will try to make a simpler solution. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

The next hotfix will allow for dedicated servers with game_mode set to endless or wilderness in the cluster.ini to generate properly.

To support the play styles properly, these worldgenoverride files should be used:
MyDediServer/Master/worldgenoverride.lua: worldgenoverride.lua
MyDediServer/Cave/worldgenoverride.lua:worldgenoverride.lua

Both servers must be configured with the same overrides for it to work properly. The Klei account server configure page is being updated and we will try to make a simpler solution. Sorry for the inconvenience.

thanks for the update.  Will this fix already generated worlds?  The existing dedicated servers cannot be played as before the update.  

Incredible update as always, Klei! You got me on these skins, they're so creative and unique in the DST universe! However....

Spoiler

Megamind Peeking Meme Generator - Piñata Farms - The best meme generator  and meme maker for video & image memes

No Wortox skin?

(I really hope his moon themed skin gives him a cuter side, since his last skin was more focused in his horror potential... Or maybe he could be a emo goat hehe
Maybe he could be a Aries constellation or something like a hippocampus to match with sagittarius)

Anyway, you already made me anxious for the next year! Keep up the great work!

(And I can't wait to know Wilson's relationship with theater... Maybe his first dream was being a actor? Or he decided to be a scientist to follow the dreams of other, making him feel like he was a mask of his own persona?)

On 10/20/2022 at 2:40 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Wait.. I just realized there’s a bunch of cool skins for gravestones now but.. I still can’t craft and place my own gravestones. :wilson_cry:

Maybe it’s in the pipeline for some future Architect type update..

I think the EASIEST way of letting us do it would be to put the Cartographers desk to use for something other than boss statues.

If I can sculpt a highly detailed statue of a Catcoon and 9 baby Kitcoon, Being able to craft and drop a tombstone somewhere just makes sense!

It doesn’t have to even have any further gameplay function beyond that.. there’s now skins for Graves… and therefore I want to get the utmost use out of them as decorations.

PLEASE! Crafting gravestones would be so cool and a incredible option for thematic bases!

Edited by Chubbylicious

On 10/20/2022 at 2:46 PM, CodexCorporis said:

quite a bit disappointed with maxwell's first skin in 3 years, but i guess we can't win them all........

I kind of thought the same thing, but I wouldn't worry. I have to imagine that the Maxwell skins are gonna start rolling in since he was on the backburner for so long. He still needs a pirate skin, a snowfallen skin, and a skin for his character rework.

The only one of those that might take some time is the pirate one. His rework is likely either next or early 2023, and since last winter it was the merrymaker collection, that means this year is snowfallen, and the only ones who don't have a snowfallen skin yet are Woodie, Wes, Maxwell, Wigfrid, Wormwood, Wurt, and Wanda. That's essentially 2 skins that are guaranteed to be coming out over the next 6 months.

Edited by Dr. Safety
  • GL Happy 1