5 hours ago, Datanon said:

are you intentionally stalling maxwell's and wilson's rework because youre about to bury us in heavy and juicy lore or is that just a coincidence?

I think it's because they know it's going to cause problems. Wilson's the third most popular character right now and he doesn't do anything. If he gets reworked then the handsome intellectuals will complain that all 17 characters now have big powers and there's not even a single vanilla character who doesn't do much any more, and if his rework does little to nothing then the unhandsome unintellectuals will complain that his rework is disappointing because he can't fly around shooting laser beams with God mode.

Maxwell might also be a little controversial but definitely not nearly as much. He's probably getting reworked later because everyone else needed it a lot more and he's already been reworked.

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Wilson's the third most popular character right now

Wait, Wilson's the third most popular? I hardly see our funny haired self-made scientist friend anymore. I thought it might've been because he was too boring to play?

10 minutes ago, KM_Harrowick said:

Wait, Wilson's the third most popular? I hardly see our funny haired self-made scientist friend anymore. I thought it might've been because he was too boring to play?

Last I checked the pickrates he was. It was Wendy in first with like twice the pickrate of Wigfrid in second who was far ahead of Wilson in third who was far ahead of whoever was in fourth. Every time I've checked the pickrates those three things have always been true so I see no reason it would be different now, but I haven't checked recently.

Anecdotally he's one of my most played characters and I see him a lot on pubs. 

17 hours ago, Hornete said:

@zarklord_klei Where is the Among Us crossover?

I know it's there, Zachary... You can't keep hiding it away from us.

I am going to get that Among Us crossover.20220522_120843.png.bd53976d605f10fc007708eb4788e1cd.png

You joke about this but knowing how that game operates these days its not too far from impossible. Among us sells these skin sets which crossover with different games/franchises occasionally. Oh god I'm giving them ideas 

On 5/24/2022 at 5:14 AM, Eughstein said:

they said that they were always here or something like that

On 5/24/2022 at 5:29 AM, lakhnish said:

blind_but_cant_blame.JPG.2eba65b2b00eaaf69c50ba4f0bcd5a06.JPG

On 5/24/2022 at 5:52 AM, Szczuku said:

and since Alter was already there- "They were here all along!"

Firstly, thanks for the replies, you three are wonderful

Secondly, Lame

On 5/24/2022 at 6:02 AM, Dragonboooorn said:

So both shadow and lunar forces  are just... Them? 

On 5/24/2022 at 7:03 AM, SomebodyRandom said:

Seems to me that Klei's implying that They are not the shadows, Maxwell just referred to the shadows by "They" because that's what he thought They were.

I get the impression that there's multiple Thems, because the whole world has the whole chess symbolism everywhere so it makes sense that there's a light vs dark shtick as well (also plays on the word Them as it can mean one person or several)

The two completely repel each other (or attack each other), one is at the highest point shown (The moon) and the other at the lowest (The ruins, and/or beneath if you count the nightmare fissures), the tragic torch was likely originally lit by lunar energy as well, which is why it held back shadows so well, and there's also two gateways, one in the atrium & one in the archives, likely that they both siphon power from one of the Thems or at least connect to them in some way

(Also possible that the archives themselves are what drew the lunar island to land where it did in the first place)

29 minutes ago, Auth said:

I get the impression that there's multiple Thems, because the whole world has the whole chess symbolism everywhere so it makes sense that there's a light vs dark shtick as well (also plays on the word Them as it can mean one person or several)

So far we know of THEM and the gaestalts. Dark and light. I wonder if there's a grey faction.

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

the gray faction is gnaw cause he doesn't care what happens as long as he gets his damn meal

Honestly wish I could react to this more than once, this is probably the best post I’ve seen on the forums

On 5/24/2022 at 6:02 AM, Dragonboooorn said:

Title speaks for itself.

Now, lets just imagine, if you were given an opportunity to ask DST developer a qustion... What would it be?

I'll start

1. What was that "ocean_silhouette"?A boss or perhaps, something more? It really does look gigantic, like Bigfoot from DS RoG!

2. Are  Wolfgangs wimpy form is aftermath of using powers from Codex Umbra? 

3. Is Wilsons hands are claw-shaped because of nightmare throne doings? Or is it just artist  style?

4. Does Wilson have medical knowledge? He can perform first aid in Forge event, and have doctor themed skin in Gorge!

Now its your turn! Ask your qustions,  and if we get lucky, an actual Dev might answer some of our qustion!

Can they make plushes/figures of the playable characters from dst? Also can they release the soundtracks for Shipwrecked/Hamlet/RoG on iTunes?

What challenges do the writers face when they have to write new speech lines for characters and how do the personalities of the characters affect what they choose to write? 

How difficult does it become when it's a new character since they are starting from scratch and have to write a few thousand lines of new speech?

I’ve been wondering about this for awhile now and would absolutely love if a Klei Dev would confirm or deny my assumptions.

Is the Constant modeled after whoever is currently occupying the nightmare throne?

Example- When Maxwell was on the throne the world and pretty much everything in it had a dark grim feeling tone, colors were less vibrant, survivors often felt and looked miserable, there’s was very little to be “Happy” about but Maxwell himself was also a self-centered egotistical uncaring person, so if my theory is correct- The constant modeled itself around his persona.

Flashforward and Wilson takes up the throne (there are no in game hints at any impactful changes he had on the world so it’s so far been mostly forgettable he even sat on the throne)

Flash Forward further than that, Charlie frees Wilson and then a Cinematic Ensues of her not being able to make up her mind on if things should be bright and colorful, or gothic and grim looking, before both sides merge together and she makes things look half pretty & half gothic/spooky.

If this is what is indeed happening with the constant- This could cleverly explain the sudden change of art direction & tone of the original game, but it only raises further questions of how the constant would shape itself if X or Y character took up the throne-

Example: Would WX78 add more new clockwork types and gears and maybe those Tesla-Coil trees we saw in scrapped concept arts?

If the constant is modeled around whom is sitting on the Throne, do previous throne occupants creations/visions get erased from the world or do they continue to exist alongside the new occupants vision albeit maybe even in a slightly different point of view?

Example- Merms were scary, swamp monsters who hated anything coming near them, made weird noises and tried to kill you often in DS, But in DST Wurt is created a charming little Merm Girl who shows that Merms aren’t just scary swamp monsters, they look frightening only if you don’t understand them.

And who would create a cute swamp creature to show the sensitive side of a frightful situation? Charlie..

Who would have showcased these creations as loners who hate company that live in run down leaky homes? Maxwell.

If my theory is correct, what would a Wagstaff or Wendy controlled Constant be shaped like?

How is Ancient Fuelweaver "Ancient" when it's just some random fossils being constructed into a new skeleton?

How does it have memory as though it's a natural skeleton of a single being, when it's a combination of random bones?

Does the shadow atrium contain its memories despite resembling a heart and not a brain?

Oh wait, I think I just answered those questions myself.

Archived