Bottomless fire pit

1 minute ago, Ohan said:

should we expect the PAX skins to be put on the rewards page now too? The funko skins perhaps?

Imagine all the happy reactions we'd get to see in an announcement for that. It would warm the heart :)

7 minutes ago, Ohan said:

fringe cases were people got DST for free and didnt play in the EA

The cases were not that fringe. If you don't think a substantial number of people fired up their free copy, weren't satisfied with how unfinished the game was at the time, and decided to come back later, you're kidding yourself.

5 minutes ago, Ohan said:

How am i putting words in your mouth when i say ur opinion boils down to “bottomless pit = meaningless/not really worthy of exclusivity? How is that an unexpected jump/conclusion? 

Because it doesn't boil down to that, lol. If you didn't see me as the enemy you'd be able to see that. I think maybe it doesn't warrant the exclusivity that you think it does, or more than any other previous time-limited reward that's now similarly available has.

12 minutes ago, Ohan said:

[PC case stuff]

You continue to miss the point. You're so pissed off that you're pointing fingers, ascribing motives, exaggerating others' stances, and otherwise doing a bunch of other poor-faith argument stuff that makes people not want to take you seriously. If you're fine with that, go right ahead, but I just thought I'd let you know why some people don't seem to sympathize with you.

1 minute ago, Ohan said:

Joe literally two posts above yours said how this is only a recent development. Why else would they have given out EA skins to begin with? Have you forgotten the extremely long era of absolute Guest of Honor scarcity/rarity? When the only option was to pay €50 on the steam market to get them or get extremely lucky? 

should we expect the PAX skins to be put on the rewards page now too? The funko skins perhaps? 

id be fine with the PAX skins being put on. People say there are better firepit skins sure, but there are literally hundreds of better body skins than the PAX shirts, plus these were given out for free to attendees.

But i definitely would draw a line at the proof of purchase skins being added. Even though I really like some of the backpack skins (id love to get my hands on a crabbit backpack), it would feel really scummy for those who spent actual money for the skins. Like I, myself, would be kinda ticked if the tesla coil lantern went up when i had to buy a dumb funko pop for it.  

Just now, Mangrove said:

Imagine all the happy reactions we'd get to see in an announcement for that. It would warm the heart :)

Right. Imagine a bunch of people getting upset over getting free shiny skins.

Lets just sweep the people who bought pax tickets and went to the convention and the people who spent money on funkos aside. Who is the selfish one now? 

3 minutes ago, Faintly Macabre said:

If you're fine with that, go right ahead, but I just thought I'd let you know why some people don't seem to sympathize with you.

Jesus christ leave me alone. I said i respected ur opinion. Why cant you do the same for mine? 

2 minutes ago, sudoku said:

But i definitely would draw a line at the proof of purchase skins being added. Even though I really like some of the backpack skins (id love to get my hands on a crabbit backpack), it would feel really scummy for those who spent actual money for the skins. Like I, myself, would be kinda ticked if the tesla coil lantern went up when i had to buy a dumb funko pop for it

Would love to see the skins sold separately in the klei store or something, which then wouldn't require shipping costs 

Just now, Ohan said:

Jesus christ leave me alone. I said i respected ur opinion. Why cant you do the same for mine? 

You said I'm entitled to it, not that you respected it. And respecting your opinion does not mean not debating it.

And if you want to stop arguing with me, then... stop arguing with me? Call me crazy, but when people reply to me in a discussion, I sometimes assume the discussion continues.

25 minutes ago, JoeW said:

That being said. I personally would like to see something that better shows that people had the original timeless variants of skins. But I don't know how or if that will ever happen. 

If I could voice one idea: since putting an effect on the actual structure itself seems like it'd be a bit much, maybe there could just be some sort of sparkly flair when you first place/build it? Not the most dramatic change, I know, but it seems like it'd be a nice enough middle ground. 

4 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Lets just sweep the people who bought pax tickets and went to the convention and the people who spent money on funkos aside. Who is the selfish one now? 

The reward in this is being there, or owning the doll, or having the exclusive for a period of time.

Im an Xbox player- do you have any idea at all how long I had to wait to play as the Joker in the 2009 Batman Arkham Asylum? Why?? Because it was a PlayStation exclusive- I’ll give you a hint: We DIDN’T until the Return to Arkham Remaster many years later..

I mentioned smite in an earlier post: You can pay 900 gems to unlock a battle pass and then spend the time completing it to get the passes skins- Or you can go to the in game shop and pay anywhere between 1500-2500 gems for ONE SKIN from that pass.

The “reward” I guess you can say here is in the Gems you saved by being there for the original release.

The same would apply to Funko or Proof of Purchase skins if those were ever made available.

8 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Joe literally two posts above yours said how this is only a recent development.

In the same post, he said that they did not support such a system and wanted to get away from it. And it really means a lot that they did it. This game is special in so many ways, and in particular, it proves that it is possible to exist without hiding content behind a huge payment wall. Even if it took them a long time to achieve it.

8 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Why the hell not? That would be super cool. I'm not saying that all skins should be absolutely free and not require players to do any work. But if I'm not mistaken, some of these skins went as a gift to a real toy. And some people may not want a toy, just a skin. Also, it depends on cooperation with the companies that produce these toys, and I saw a discussion that production has stopped and not fact that it will return. If a certain temporary promotion has ended, and the skin can no longer be obtained in any way at all - for example, you can't order more toys, then I am completely in favor of another method of obtaining being added. Not immediately, of course, but later. And we're talking about years now. 

Doesn't really bother me but the general mentality (Not just with this game) is "I want it because it's RaR3!!!!111!" or because someone else has it. As soon as it's re-released or whatever it instantly becomes bleh - To these kinds of people not me Haha. It's an alright looking skin, I honestly prefer the default texture.

5 minutes ago, Ohan said:

They could of course be made available for money. I'd love to get some of the proof of purchase skins if they didn't involve the shipping costs since I live in Europe.

I don't think I called anybody selfish

29 minutes ago, sudoku said:

sure? Just collect klei points and buy them on the rewards page? Unless im not understanding what you mean by twitch skins

Actually didn't know and happy to find this out. I don't have time to check atm but how do you earn rewards points if you don't mind me asking.

Just now, Mysterious box said:

Actually didn't know and happy to find this out. I don't have time to check atm but how do you earn rewards points if you don't mind me asking.

Some are active now, there is a topic on the forums that show the links to all current and past point give aways. Otherwise when new updates appear on the front page they usually have a link somewhere in the main post with a link

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

https://accounts.klei.com/account/rewards

There's a few introductory points there, and if you look around the forums/Steam news page, you can find links in recent update notes for more.

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

They have links just about every major update. I think there are 2 active ones currently. I'd be happy to post them when I get back if no one else has

46 minutes ago, JoeW said:

That being said. I personally would like to see something that better shows that people had the original timeless variants of skins. But I don't know how or if that will ever happen. 

Maybe make the original Skins have a colored text when you hover your mouse over them? It could be a subtle yellow or green. I think that would be a great way to distinguish the two without altering the game play or slightly changing the physical design of that skin.

But there are many other ways that could be done. Klei is always creative with solving problems, and I know you guys will find a solution.

54 minutes ago, JoeW said:

I like the idea Toast came up with a couple posts above, with the skins having a small effect or flair when first built to insinuate they're of Timeless rarity.

Another idea could be that when hovered over, the name of the Timeless-skinned item is the same shade of green as the rarity color? That way people who come across these items/structures in the world know it's kinda special? Idk I'm just spit-balling ideas
Edit: NVM Nickolai ninja'd me.

26 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

(sorry for the comment spam on this thread, I just wanted to make sure Mysterious box got the notification and I don't think editing a comment would do that)

https://accounts.klei.com/link/welikepoints
https://accounts.klei.com/link/thankspeter

Try those

1 hour ago, goblinball said:

And???? This is a horrible mindset. This doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to make stuff readily accessible to ppl. Continuing your adobe flash example, should people have not archived flash games and made ways to play them after the deletion of flash just because “you missed your chance, that’s life!!!”

It's not inaccessible now for no reason. It's because it was an early access item. The flash example still applies. Only a very small fraction of games from the flash era have been archived. Anyone can keep crying about it but the other 90%+ of the flash games from the prior era won't show up on addictinggames/armor games/new grounds/miniclip, etc. no matter how hard you plead. 

The real life connection was only half the argument. If DST were made free to play and all the skins were made free 3 years from now, would you have issues with that? As a person who spends actual money on the game and the skin packs when they come out, I'm sure some people would have issues with that. Obviously this would be an exaggeration in comparison to what the early access people (from a $ standpoint) would feel but the same principle applies. 

Archived