Bottomless fire pit

6 hours ago, ZolaRay03 said:

just out of spite for those that love gatekeeping skins and care so much about the "OG" status of skins because they have nothing else going for them.

"you're such losers for caring so much about a skin" *proceeds to throw a personal attack at people who just want the skin to remain exclusive*

24 minutes ago, Peyo33 said:

I didn't see the update, still i can't get hot lava fire pit, the pirate birdcage etc

You get them by buying the Shipwreck DLC for the singleplayer game and Hot Lava.

1 minute ago, Blue Moth said:

This isnt directly about the bottomless firepit but i hope we can get the stone kiln and carved torch on klei rewards.

They are already in the rewards page.

I was a beta player so i had the skin and i had a little bit of disappointment at the announcement as i remembered the good times when i first started playing, but if it makes people happy then by all means. Besides there are much bigger fish to fry as far as DST discussion.

Whats the point of giving out early access skins if everyone can have them later? 

All the arguments i see are along the lines of "i wasnt around when it came out but i still want it". I mean.... get real? Thats how life works. For ex. The great flash games from 2000-2015 arent going to magically reappear in 2022 or beyond just because you want them and werent around during that period to experience them.... thats just life and such a terrible argument. [Adobe discontinued flash in 2021]. 

Oh... and the "its just a skin" crowd. No reason for you to want it so badly to bring ot back if its "just a skin". Lots of hypocritical arguments here.....

Glad that people that missed the EA can get the skin, even though I think it's the worst Fire Pit skin. I didn't buy the game back then because of the skin, I bought it because I loved DS and couldn't wait to play it with friends, so I couldn't care less if an "exclusive" skin is now obtainable by everyone, in fact I think that's great, since I hate "timed" content like that(not very fan of *any* kind of FOMO content tbh). So yeah, for people who were waiting to have this skin, I'm happy for you! (but I still think it's kind of a waste of points, so many better fire pit skins out there...). 

19 minutes ago, PetulantPansy said:

For ex. The great flash games from 2000-2015 arent going to magically reappear in 2022 or beyond just because you want them and werent around during that period to experience them.... thats just life and such a terrible argument. [Adobe discontinued flash in 2021]. 

For the record, they're still playable by anyone who really wants to. There are a couple of standalone Flash launchers floating around (originally straight from Adobe, intended for testing) that do the job just fine, if you want to experience some of what you missed.

We can, in fact, have nice things.

8 minutes ago, maradyne said:

For the record, they're still playable by anyone who really wants to. There are a couple of standalone Flash launchers floating around (originally straight from Adobe, intended for testing) that do the job just fine, if you want to experience some of what you missed.

We can, in fact, have nice things.

Dont want to take this OT but those entail security risks (which is why you cant play them on chrome/edge/firefox). Workarounds exist to lots of things. Thats also life. Someone couldve tried to mod a skin that was similar (but obviously not exactly the same) just for the sake of the skin. 

Original argument still stands

So like, I feel like people in both sides of this argument have some valid points. I also feel like people in both sides of this argument have some terrible, nonsensical points. La-di-dah, everybody loves a moderate, right?

But one detail I feel the need to punch a hole in:

The fire pit never proved that you "supported" DST's development. All you had to do was own the game on PC before a certain point in time and boot it up once. You can say "sure but their money spurred development!" But people seem to be forgetting that everybody who owned Don't Starve on PC was given a copy of DST at some point, so you didn't even actually need to do that. In fact, unless they've since bought skins or made community contributions of some kind, it's debatable whether people who got their copy of the game that way "supported" the game as much as someone who paid cash-money for it like, yesterday.

32 minutes ago, PetulantPansy said:

All the arguments i see are along the lines of "i wasnt around when it came out but i still want it". I mean.... get real? Thats how life works.

For everyone who got it early, it's out now and that's not gonna change, I mean....get over it...that's how life goes. 

See how condescending that writes..people can want something and if it happens great. The stone kiln for example. No one has said a peep about that and gobbled it up while crying that "thier" "exclusive" is now not exclusive. For the it's just a skin crowd, of course were gonna get it if it's available just like yall got the stone kiln too me that's the biggest hypocrissy

9 minutes ago, Blunty_x said:

For everyone who got it early, it's out now and that's not gonna change, I mean....get over it...that's how life goes. 

People are still free to voice their opinions on this forum. What you state also doesnt change the poor argument for releasing the skin. [You miss out on some things and theres usually no do-overs irl]

Instead, its just an effort to silence those with dissenting opinions *after* the fact that its been released.

3 minutes ago, PetulantPansy said:

doesnt change the poor argument for releasing the skin.

What exactly is the argument? Cause I could care less if it was re released or not. Cause if the issue is " people are crying that they wanted it" and now it's been released who is your issue with exactly?

54 minutes ago, Blunty_x said:

No one has said a peep about that and gobbled it up while crying that "thier" "exclusive" is now not exclusive. For the it's just a skin crowd, of course were gonna get it if it's available just like yall got the stone kiln too me that's the biggest hypocrissy

Everyone who did get those with the We-game release of DST is probably not on this english speaking forum lol. So the people who are on this forum are naturally talking about the bottomless pit since that is the one they have. 

and i have stated multiple times how i never felt the need for the we-game skins to be made available to me since they were supposed to be an exclusive skin for the we-game playerbase and i, in fact, am not a we-game player. Or did u purposefully ignore those statements so u could make this inflammatory claim? 

46 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Like it had any value to begin with.

It very obviously did otherwise people wouldnt have been desperately clamouring for it on the forums for years on end as if it was a bottle of water in the middle of the desert. The only value it had was that it was EA exclusive since its otherwise an extremely simple skin. Its a base impulse to want what u cant have. 

With that exclusive veneer wiped off now its just another unremarkable skin to collect dust on the virtual shelves of skin collectors with truly no value at all.

56 minutes ago, Faintly Macabre said:

But one detail I feel the need to punch a hole in:

The fire pit never proved that you "supported" DST's development. All you had to do was own the game on PC before a certain point in time and boot it up once.

This really is not the revelatory assessment  u think it is. It was an EA skin for EA players period. EA perks and bonuses are there to reward the players who chose join the game when it was still in development. Everyone knows thats the purpose of EA bonuses, this isnt a strange concept. 

i orginally bought DST in a bundle together with DSA and paid €21,49 for it. How certain other people got access to the game during that period hardly matters and does not invalidate EA players disappointed over what has happened. 

i even bought hamlet after it was given away in huge numbers to beta testers because i was not part of the Hamlet beta. 

10 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Snappppp

My bad I wasn't aware you spoke for everyone. I get how you feel, cause I feel the same, I could care less about the pits being released as I assumed I was never going to get them anyway. 

I don't believe it's inflammatory at all, it might not apply to everyone but it does to some. If you grabbed the Kiln you can't say nothing about exclusivity, that's my take. I guarantee had it just been the Kiln there would be alot less threads about it but that's a win win amirite.

32 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Like it had any value to begin with.

The value was that it represented something more than just the skin, or at least it did until yesterday.

-

Look, if any of you for some reason really wanted this skin and are now able to get it, I'm happy for you. I've been on the other end too many times to count where unfortunate timing locked me out of a skin in other games. I get it. I'm happy that you can finally use it (or realistically, have it in your inventory). I just hope you also understand the frustration that I and others have about it being rereleased.

There are no other game I've played or even heard of that had exclusive early access cosmetics which were later rereleased by the devs.

14 minutes ago, Ohan said:

This really is not the revelatory assessment  u think it is. It was an EA skin for EA players period. EA perks and bonuses are there to reward the players who chose join the game when it was still in development. Everyone knows thats the purpose of EA bonuses, this isnt a strange concept. 

Isn't it though? The reason some people think this is so egregious is because they feel they've done something special to deserve the exclusivity. I feel like the fact that you didn't have to spend a penny, contribute in any meaningful way, or even actually play makes the intensity of some people's outrage over it a bit silly. You literally just had to be there and aware, making it no more special than any of the other previously time-limited rewards that are now available through other means.

3 minutes ago, Blunty_x said:

My bad I wasn't aware you spoke for everyone.

I dont. You earlier said u ‘hadnt heard a single peep’ about the we-game skins and i pointed to the fact that i did make a peep. :wilson_angelic: 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Look, if any of you for some reason really wanted this skin and are now able to get it, I'm happy for you. (…)

There are no other game I've played or even heard of that had exclusive early access cosmetics which were later rereleased by the devs.

^^^^^^^Exactly. I feel zero animosity or disdain or whatever (those are big words :lol:) towards non EA players who can get it now. Im just very disappointed in klei. 

1 minute ago, Faintly Macabre said:

You literally just had to be there and aware, making it no more special than any of the other previously time-limited rewards that are now available through other means.

What about me and other players like me who payed for it and whos formative DST playing experience was during EA?

Does the whole class get invalidated because a few students, ummm, poured glue on the teacher’s seat? If u catch my drift. 

Archived