Bottomless fire pit

I dont even understand why people who werent there for the beta wanted it so badly. Its an incredibly simple skin that barely looks different from the base structure and many more fancier fire pit skins have been released since. 

i feel like it literally comes down to mindless skin collecting mania that any game with skins is plagued with. 

Even though i liked the pit and torch skins that were given as exclusive skins on the Chinese ‘version’ of steam i think, i never thought to campaign to make them available to me. Its just skins and they were exclusive gifts to a certain group of players… and that firepit skin is way prettier than the bottomless pit. 

When did it ever have value besides the intrinsic value you placed on it. Timeless/Event grade items cannot be sold in steam marketplace so there is no monetary value that is rising or dropping. Klei has been adding availability to previously discontinued items like valentines hearts, event drops and Formal-Costume-Survivor-Roseate-Triumphant collections for a long while now

I agree that Klei should differentiate Timeless and Heirloom grade items through an occasional glow/sheen like that of specialized Team Fortress 2 Items but that is a general discussion about all timeless/heirloom items, not just the firepit, which to be honest, didn't look any better than the many greater firepit skins.

It's just a cool skin, I never got it myself so it's nice Klei is making it available to everyone. Why should people not get to use a cool skin that was only obtainable a long time ago just so that it can be a trophy for some people?

3 minutes ago, Owlrust said:

Why should people not get to use a cool skin that was only obtainable a long time ago just so that it can be a trophy for some people?

Because those ‘some’ people were there to support the game when it mattered the most in the beginning. Thats how exclusive EA bonuses/perks work. 

4 minutes ago, Owlrust said:

It's just a cool skin, I never got it myself so it's nice Klei is making it available to everyone. Why should people not get to use a cool skin that was only obtainable a long time ago just so that it can be a trophy for some people?

Pretty sure Klei finally realized that the “beta” phase of DST for players on

PlayStation 9/12/2016

Xbox 9/12/2017

Nintendo Switch 4/12/2022

Thats the minimum earliest day you could get your hands on the game on their respective platforms.. so it was just easier to just give everyone the Beta skin on the rewards page.

But.. I’m probably going to only ever use the Stone Klin one & Rejoice that I finally have a Firepit (not Endo fire..) that looks cool.

7 minutes ago, Owlrust said:

That's exactly what bottomless fire pit skin became now - just a cool skin. But it meant a lot to EA, those who started playing the game and supported Klei when Klei was so small a company that almost no one knew about it. 

11 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Because those ‘some’ people were there to support the game when it mattered the most in the beginning. Thats how exclusive EA bonuses/perks work. 

I understand what you mean, and I respect that. Still gonna have to hard disagree though.

15 minutes ago, Ohan said:

But it's never fair when games keep certain skins forever exclusive. There are a lot of people who may have been disadvantaged for

a) Not having certain items available on their platforms

b) Not being in the right place at the right time

c) Have been regionally restricted from reaching a product

image.thumb.png.93ac91ffa95de7c7965ccf37ee95bd53.pngAs I said I'm all in favor of product differentiation for Timeless and Heirloom variant skins. They should have something stupid and special over their event/woven duplicates like the glint I'm suggesting. But it'd be much sadder if none of the previously expired items were made available again, albeit in a lesser form, such as the nightmare torch, ancient cane and every single GuestofHonor,Survivor,Costume,Triumphant,Roseate skins.

Variety is the spice of life and availability improves the experience for everyone. I can't express my happiness to finally be able to see the torch and firepit skins in the game previously only available to a very minor, region locked group of players.

Wait are people seriously upset these skins are on the rewards page? Haha wow.

Really not a good look at all. It's a fire pit skin. It's not even like its some super hard to obtain cosmetic you got from doing the hardest boss/challenge on the hardest setting like the Ghost of Tsushima Legends wooden sword skin for beating "hell" mode perfectly you literally just got it for being around in the early days.

Chill out.

1 minute ago, Ohan said:

Ofcourse you would because u were never an EA player lol. 

I mean, not really. I just think badges do just great like we have on the forums, or even getting a free copy of the game like you could with Hamlet. Skins though are pretty different because they are usable in-game and some people are permanently barred.

13 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

But it's never fair when games keep certain skins forever exclusive.

Its one skin…………1…..  in an endless ocean of an ever increasing number of skins.

On top of that its an incredibly simple skin. It doesnt even have a special burn animation like the valentines pit. Its real value was only ever sentimental.

It was a token of klei’s appreciation for the people who supported them in the beginning. Like how all EA exclusive perks work, this isnt a new concept. And it was a way for those people to distinguish themselves in the game. Now its just a very simple firepit skin like all the others that anyone can have. 

Im not in tears or pulling my hair out over this, im just disappointed. I dont even care for new exclusive substitutes like portraits or background. The exclusive gift was the pit skin period 

10 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Now flip the situation. Why were people so upset there was 1 skin they couldnt get? 

I will keep saying this. I would have loved to support the game when it was in early access. 

But some of us were too young, too busy, or live in a backwards country where news of a game simply don't reach them. 

And if you think people who never had a chance to get the skin but want(ed) to don't deserve it because you want to feel special, well, i guess we simply disagree. 

10 minutes ago, Ohan said:

It was a token of klei’s appreciation for the people who supported them in the beginning. Like how all EA exclusive perks work, this isnt a new concept. And it was a way for those people to distinguish themselves in the game. Now its just a very simple firepit skin like all the others that anyone can have. 

I know, and I hate them for keeping stuff exclusive forever, I've been on the victim side of those exclusive one time rewards many times. However minute it is, it is barring content from the game to some players. Now that I was lucky enough to be on the privileged side of things in regards to this one fire pit, I'm more than happy to share it.

Keeping stuff exclusive is not the proper way to show gratitude. Tokens of appreciation should be made with rewarding mentality, not punishing others. Make them show the gratitude by making timeless skins a little more special, not by punishing other players for not being in the small lucky group.

9 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Really not a good look at all. It's a fire pit skin. It's not even like its some super hard to obtain cosmetic you got from doing the hardest boss/challenge on the hardest setting like the Ghost of Tsushima Legends wooden sword skin for beating "hell" mode perfectly you literally just got it for being around in the early days.

Chill out.

Yeah EA thought "being around in the early days" means something, but apparently not everyone think the same, for example, "doing the hardest boss/challenge on the hardest setting like the Ghost of Tsushima Legends wooden sword skin for beating "hell" mode perfectly" is valued more by you. 

1 minute ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I know, and I hate them for keeping stuff exclusive forever, I've been on the victim side of those exclusive one time rewards many times.

Ive just personally never felt this way so i cant imagine why anyone would. Its just a skin… and a very simple one at that. If you werent there for the EA u can enjoy the many other fancier skins that are available to everyone.

I didnt have the chinese stone pit and torch skin but i wasn’t campaigning for them to be made available to me either. I can appreciate klei’s initial reasoning to want to encourage/incentivise/reward that group of their playerbase for whatever reason. I wasnt part of it so i didnt get it. It wasnt the end of the world. 

1 hour ago, flyingfishlyl said:

When everyone can get bottomless fire pit skin, it lost its value immediately. 

Older players also get quality upgrades on their skins, so your contradiction is your selfish nature, which doesn't allow others to have the same things you have

21 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Chill out.

Why are you so upset over skins in a videogame?

Both sides of gatekeeping this are wrong, not wanting other people to have access to some skins or wanting to desperately own every single skin, neither affect your gameplay experience. 

I don't mind some items staying exclusive for early access people, it makes sense they do so, but things like this make me want it to be added. 

Each skin is bound to be someone's favorite, I'm happier when people/new players/friends aren't locked out of things because of bad timing, rather than seeing their disappointment when telling them they've missed their chance. 

I much prefer the simple looking skins over the fancy ones, and the bottomless pit is one of the best 

Just now, Ohan said:

I didnt have the chinese stone pit and torch skin but i wasn’t campaigning for them to be made available to me either.

Well that makes only one of us, cause I was intensely asking for the We-game exclusive skins to be make available everywhere else. One skin is one skin, no matter the shape or size it's not good practice to infinitely prevent players from content. You might not have a collectionist mentality but a significant amount of players do.

Besides what's with the EA speak? Idk how they were made available through EA games but for me and many others the bottomless pit skin was a reward for playing the game in early access on STEAM not electronic arts. 

And why are you surprised all of a sudden, Klei has been doing this for years now, first they made the nightmare torch skin available again, and then came the valentines hearts, year-of-the login awards, Halloween exclusive skins and everything. Your token of appreciation now is the timeless quality they carry.

Archived