[Game Update] - 503984

9 hours ago, StevenM said:

The WX-78 UI has been rearranged and scaled to help reduce overlap with backpacks

Is there a reason why it can't be on the top of the screen, next to the day count, or at least as an option?

Nothing ever blocks that portion of the screen.

13 minutes ago, bagherthegamer said:

Honestly the fact that everyone wants a 7th slot should prove to klei that they shouldnt add it since it actually presents a challenge when it comes to managing the circuits. 

We're requesting a 7th circuit not b/c it's a "challenge" to manage the circuits, it's just that we won't simply use them over other ones that give way more utility.

Edited by lakhnish
  • Like 6
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

1 minute ago, lakhnish said:

Is there a reason why it can't be on the top of the screen, next to the day count, or at least as an option?

Nothing ever blocks that portion of the screen.

As the location of the leaves of knobby tree, I think the top may not be particularly suitable.

but the left bottom corner should be a perfect place that won't occupy any other UI's location

• Potato Cup 1

11 hours ago, Hornete said:

STRINGS.MERMNAMES =
{
    -- Swamp.
    "Flargle",
    "Flop",
    "Flot",
    "Flugh",
    "Flupt",
    "Flurgle",
    "Fopt",
    "Furp",
    "Furt",
    "Glogh",
    "Glop",
    "Glot",
    "Glugh",
    "Glup",
    "Glurp",
    "Glurt",
    "Glurble",
    "Gogh",
    "Gop",
    "Gopt",
    "Gorp",
    "Gort",
    "Gugh",
    "Gup",
    "Gupt",
    "Gurble",
    "Gurp",
    "Gurt",
    -- Not swamp.
    "Audrey",
    "Jeffrey",
    "Johnny",
    "Isabella",
    "Madeline",
    "Michael",
    "Penelope",
    "Sarah",
    "Simon",
    "Trevor",
}

All the merm names.

no way, they added Gup's to dst!

what does that mean, swamp and not swamp? they can only spawn on swamp turf, and the houses can only be placed on swamp turf? alsol why are the not swamp names so human? like, one of them is my real name, kinda weird

• Like 3
  • Ninja 1
  • Wavey 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

We're requesting a 7th circuit not b/c it's a "challenge" to manage the circuits, it's just that we won't simply use them over other ones that give way more utility.

What makes you think people will use the lesser circuits if there were more space? If there were 7 slots people will still use an op combo like 2 speed 2.0 circuit and 1 cooling/heating module. People will keep using the more usefull circuits Regardless of how many slots there are. 

But i get it. Personally i dont think every circuit needs to be usefull in every stage of the game,but if they buff the less op circuits than i wont really mind. 

9 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

▢ 7th Charge Slot

▢ 100 Base Health, Hunger and Sanity

▣ Separated backpack layout not obstructing the charge meter [Check Current patch notes]

▢ Circuit Extractor removing circuits individually / an upgraded version to do so

▢  More charging interactions: Electric Milk, Charged Volt Goat zaps, Getting hit by electric weapons with PvP on, Milkmade Hat boosting the charging speed when worn

▢ Optoelectronic Circuit uses 5 nodes

▢ Gastroexpansion Circuit Tier 1.0, giving 50 hunger. 2.0 shall give 100 hunger

▢ Dronemaster Circuit buffs, with lower stats it should give 50 health and sanity.

▢ Electrification circuit dealing proper electric damage

▢ Chorus Box circuit affecting Maxwell's sanity negatively

▣ Refrigerant circuit lowering max temperature rather than lowering minimum temperature [Fixed: Update 503714]

▢ Tougher Wetness: damage begins above 20 wetness even with charge, Proportionately higher wetness damage above 20 wetness, Return of small continuous wetness damage from increasing wetness

▢ New and creative circuit(s) like Navigation Circuit, Lunar Circuit, Thulecite circuit...

I like this suggestion package, only exceptions:

- don't like PVP charging

- I would prefer the 150 base stats and 6 circuits instead of 100 stats and 7 circuits

- I don't think we need more circuits atm, maybe in future content patches

Most of these are similar to my thoughts from this thread:

Only thing missing is probably my suggestion to have charge rate depend on belly

Solid list.

• Like 1

The same way that wolfgang was ruined by community, dont let that happen to WX.

We dont need more slots for circuits, what we have makes a lot more sense today and I am forced to make decisions based on what I need. 

I would rather welcome some circuits take less slots for more combinations options and rethink circuits so all of them are viable not only 3 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, allmeitysk said:

The same way that wolfgang was ruined by community, dont let that happen to WX.

How was Wolfgang ruined by the community?

People complained about his rework and he got a second rework to address all of the issues he faced from his first one lmao.

Having said they, WX is in a far better position now than pre-rework, to the point where Klei can release it as is and it will be perfectly fine.

Some of us just see this as an opportunity to make changes that we think would make things better, but it doesn't mean Klei has to go through with it.

The fact this is a beta is why these suggestions are being made and is a good thing, especially since this is only the 2nd beta for a character rework ever (they should have done this from this start, but too late for that now :p).

And if things don't pan out, well, changes can always be made without major harm b/c its beta.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

what does that mean, swamp and not swamp? they can only spawn on swamp turf, and the houses can only be placed on swamp turf? alsol why are the not swamp names so human? like, one of them is my real name, kinda weird

Swamp names are for Merms from naturally generated Leaky Shacks, Not Swamp names are for Merms from Merm Houses created by players.

• Like 3

My real name is actually Michael, and a long time ago before Wurt was ever a playable character there was a thread on these forums where someone had asked which mob from the constant you would like to be if you could play as one I replied to that thread with “A Merm- I get to live in my Swamp minding my own business and when someone trespasses too close to my property I could run out my house & punch them in the face.”

Sometime shortly afterwards Wurt came out- A playable Merm? That was awesome.. to finally see the game from the Merm perspective.. but NOW I really do get to be a Merm with my own name in the game.

Sure maybe it’s just a coincidence because Michael is a pretty common name, but I still find it to be absolutely hilarious nonetheless. <3

• Like 1
  • Ninja 1
  • GL Happy 4

5 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

I noticed sometimes there are Merms and lone Merm houses spawning in places away from the swamp.

Usually sorrounded by pigs.

Probably those will have "Non Swamp" names

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

My real name is actually Michael, and a long time ago before Wurt was ever a playable character there was a thread on these forums where someone had asked which mob from the constant you would like to be if you could play as one I replied to that thread with “A Merm- I get to live in my Swamp minding my own business and when someone trespasses too close to my property I could run out my house & punch them in the face.”

Sometime shortly afterwards Wurt came out- A playable Merm? That was awesome.. to finally see the game from the Merm perspective.. but NOW I really do get to be a Merm with my own name in the game.

Sure maybe it’s just a coincidence because Michael is a pretty common name, but I still find it to be absolutely hilarious nonetheless. <3

dont starve together, where the dreams come true

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, SomebodyRandom said:

Swamp names are for Merms from naturally generated Leaky Shacks, Not Swamp names are for Merms from Merm Houses created by players.

7 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

Don't look too far into it, any merm no matter their origin can have any of those names, there's no mechanic for assigning "swamp" names to merms in the swamp, and "non swamp" names to those not in the swamp. The "real life" names are just sorta jokey, "oh look there's a merm named Glorp, and there's a merm named Trevor"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1

• Developer
21 minutes ago, PauloDDD said:

Thank you so much for this. I hope it got fixed on OSX as well!

Would you be able to test this out on your setup for me to see if it is to your expectation? It is currently live on the beta branch of the game.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lakhnish said:

If the circuits are bad why suggest more room to continue ignoring the bad circuits and just stack more good ones instead of suggesting the bad ones become good?

• Like 6

I was one of the first ones to complain about the Backpacks overlaping the meter but being honest I quite liked how the previous UI was different in size and placement from other meters, though I understand it wouldn't be easy or possible to keep it and the separated Backpack layout without blocking the view.

Well with so many amazing Wurt fixes coming from the WX78 rework, I figured I’d go ahead and throw in at least one more Wurt Wish.

I want Merms to be able to feed the Merm-King so I don’t have to play baby sitter to him, I know his hunger was increased & all that fancy stuff, But.. What makes no sense at all to me is Wurt has a Structure that spawns LOYAL Merm Guards to their King, and these Merms don’t spawn from their flortifications when you don’t have a king, Normal naturally spawning Merms Should NOT Be able to do this… but the special Merms that only spawn when crafted by Wurt and a King is Elected, should be able to gather food from any nearby Farm/berry plot to feed to the king.

How I picture it working is you will need to place the King, The Guards you want assigned to feeding it near to it (could have an AoE radius like Ice-Flingo Placement) AND the food they will be feeding to the King near to one another. And when the king gets hungry- If there is berries on a bush nearby or a nice garden- these LOYAL Merm-King Guards bring the King food.

Like how Roman rulers had Grapes brought to them by their followers.

I don’t play WX78 a lot so I can’t suggest good features for it- However Wurt is one of my most played characters.. And I want Merm Kind to be great again.

• Like 1