[Game Update] - 503984

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

If the circuits are bad why suggest more room to continue ignoring the bad circuits and just stack more good ones instead of suggesting the bad ones become good?

They still have their uses at base 150 stats, I just felt like having base 100 stats would be better for WX to provide more value, because again for the third time I have to tell you, adding stats at base 100 provides more value to WX than adding stats at base 150 cause lower stats makes it a bit more dangerous to play as WX imo. 

I don't see Klei making more circuits either, so I don't suggest them; only to really just address the the Dronemaster circuit since it's not worth it if you can already kill BQ (and the music one is worth too many slots).

I understand the difference in perspective, this is just mine.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

4 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

They still have their uses at base 150 stats, I just felt like having base 100 stats would be better for WX to provide more value, because again for the third time I have to tell you, adding stats at base 100 provides more value to WX than adding stats at base 150 cause lower stats makes it a bit more dangerous to play as WX imo. 

I don't see Klei making more circuits either, so I don't suggest them; only to really just address the the Dronemaster circuit since it's not worth it if you can already kill BQ (and the music one is worth too many slots).

I understand the difference in perspective, this is just mine.

If the circuits would be good with 100 base stats why would you need 7 slots?

8 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

If the circuits would be good with 100 base stats why would you need 7 slots?

I see where the misunderstanding is stemming from.

The base 100 stats and the 7th slot are two mutually exclusive requests.

Base 100 stats is for the reason I mentioned above.

7th slot is so we can do 3 slot + 4 slot module combos.

7th slot isn't for the base 100 stats; they are for separate reasons from each other.

It's just that some people would be for a 7th slot in exchange for 100 stats; I can't always parse out what people are saying, but I like those comments regardless cause it's still favoring the two things I've been mentioning.

Edit: WX is perfectly fine as it is, I'm just of the opinion that it can be pushed a little more.

Edited by lakhnish
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

I see where the misunderstanding is stemming from.

The base 100 stats and the 7th slot are two mutually exclusive requests.

Base 100 stats is for the reason I mentioned above.

7th slot is so we can do 3 slot + 4 slot module combos.

7th slot isn't for the base 100 stats; they are for separate reasons from each other.

It's just that some people would be for a 7th slot in exchange for 100 stats; I can't always parse out what people are saying, but I like those comments regardless cause it's still favoring the two things I've been mentioning.

Tl;dr at the end.

What I don't understand, and maybe you can explain it to me, is why is it so desirable to want to make people equip those stat modules? Why, is it so imperative, that stat of all things, should be a coveted perk???

The problem is a FUNDAMENTAL one and I hope I can explain it well.

Ok, let's say you have a character, the character has 3 perks.

Perk 1 has 150 more hp

Perk 2 has 75 more sanity

Perk 3 has 75 more hunger

(Yeah they have other super minor side stuff, but it's really minor)

His stats are now 250 hp, 175 sanity, 175 hunger.

Now that's a pretty boring character! His perks are... Stats? What's more there are characters with similar well-rounded perks but TONS of other stuff too. Is the attempt to make him a challenge character?

If the reason is "You will have a character with nice perks but low stats"

Are we trying to achieve Wes 2.0?

Or "someone can add stat modules and have average stats but no perks"

Then is that not Wilson 2.0?

I hope you can see that lowering stats won't make stats more useful and instead make him worse for no reason. People want the other stuff because that's what sets him apart from the rest of the cast THE MOST. Now, that doesn't mean SOMEONE won't want to use those perks, but at that point they are perks! Not something to try and overcome a dowside.

His stats being average is IMPORTANT because then his stats modules ARE perks, he's is extra hearty, extra brainy, extra uh, stomachy? You're actually lowering the value of those perks because you're trying to reach an average instead of having a huge health pool, a huge sanity pool, and a huge stomach pool.

Now think about this, Klei already nerfed his stats. Compared to how high they used to be able to go permanently with with max gears, this is a nerf. 

Adding another slot on top of that is going to only add to the problem. Being able to move stats around and have only stats is more of a Wilson perk. What's more I don't think low stats was ever supposed to be but a starting downside for Wx-78 not something he's supposed to revolve around for the rest of his gameplay. 

Tl;Dr: Stats modules are bad due to a fundamental flaw in having to compete with things that are UNIQUE. Lowering stats isn't going to add value at all, but instead deny someone who would use those modules to have far higher than above average stats, in which case they would ACT as perks.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

2 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Tl;dr at the end.

What I don't understand, and maybe you can explain it to me, is why is it so desirable to want to make people equip those stat modules? Why, is it so imperative, that stat of all things, should be a coveted perk???

The problem is a FUNDAMENTAL one and I hope I can explain it well.

Ok, let's say you have a character, the character has 3 perks.

Perk 1 has 150 more hp

Perk 2 has 75 more sanity

Perk 3 has 75 more hunger

(Yeah they have other super minor side stuff, but it's really minor)

His stats are now 250 hp, 175 sanity, 175 hunger.

Now that's a pretty boring character! His perks are... Stats? What's more there are characters with similar well-rounded perks but TONS of other stuff too. Is the attempt to make him a challenge character?

I hope you can see that lowering stats won't make stats more useful and instead make him worse for no reason. People want the other stuff because that's what sets him apart from the rest of the cast THE MOST. Now, that doesn't mean SOMEONE won't want to use those perks, but at that point they are perks! Not something to try and overcome a dowside.

His stats being average is IMPORTANT because then his stats modules ARE perks, he's is extra hearty, extra brainy, extra uh, stomachy? You're actually lowering the value of those perks because you're trying to reach an average instead of having a huge health pool, a huge sanity pool, and a huge stomach pool.

Now think about this, Klei already nerfed his stats. Compared to how high they used to be able to go permanently with with max gears, this is a nerf. 

Adding another slot on top of that is going to only add to the problem. Being able to move stats around and have only stats is more of a Wilson perk. What's more I don't think low stats was ever supposed to be but a starting downside for Wx-78 not something he's supposed to revolve around for the rest of his gameplay. 

Tl;Dr: Stats modules are bad due to a fundamental flaw in having to compete with things that are UNIQUE. Lowering stats isn't going to add value at all, but instead deny someone who would use those modules to have far higher than above average stats, in which case they would ACT as perks.

why no both things, buff in an unique way the stat modules while having ds stats

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Would you be able to test this out on your setup for me to see if it is to your expectation? It is currently live on the beta branch of the game.

It's fixed! Yay!

(Big Sur 11.5 here)

Thank you su much!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bagherthegamer said:

What makes you think people will use the lesser circuits if there were more space? If there were 7 slots people will still use an op combo like 2 speed 2.0 circuit and 1 cooling/heating module. People will keep using the more usefull circuits Regardless of how many slots there are. 

But i get it. Personally i dont think every circuit needs to be usefull in every stage of the game,but if they buff the less op circuits than i wont really mind. 

I don't understand why people think that 2 speed circuits and a thermal circuit is "OP". He will still have no health, sanity, hunger, light and less speed than he had before. The only thing adding 1 slot will do is encourage players to use the thermal circuits instead of all speed. Personally I don't think it's too much to ask.

The 7th slot, having Jimmy scan you so you can choose which circuit to remove and having a flying Jimmy follow you into the caves would be the only changes I'd really like to see. You go through the circuits faster than you would think hopping in and out of the caves. I'm so excited to see what's next!

• Potato Cup 1

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

why no both things, buff in an unique way the stat modules while having ds stats

Yeah, If they had something unique then the stats from those modules would be a nice bonus instead. 

If that unique element was strong enough, I can see a reason to lower the overall stats. Like if the sanity module gave you original Maxwell's sanity regen that would be so worth it.

Or at least offset the sanity drain of night/dawn, which it doesn't even do that right now lol.

5 sanity/a minute instead of the weak 2 sanity/ a minute. Then that's a working as a valuable perk and I'd be nice if the overall max sanity was increased too. 150 with two slots as it is for the hardy module.

15 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Yeah, If they had something unique then the stats from those modules would be a nice bonus instead. 

If that unique element was strong enough, I can see a reason to lower the overall stats. Like if the sanity module gave you original Maxwell's sanity regen that would be so worth it.

Or at least offset the sanity drain of night/dawn, which it doesn't even do that right now lol.

5 sanity/a minute instead of the weak 2 sanity/ a minute. Then that's a working as a valuable perk and I'd be nice if the overall max sanity was increased too. 150 with two slots as it is for the hardy module.

or i just remembered your suggestions about buffing the modules but adding also a downside to each one like woodie's wereforms, that would be way more interesting

• Like 1