[Game Update] - 498339

Just now, Cassielu said:

I'm not sure why raincoats are removed from the "summer item" category when other rain gear is still a summer item. Is it because raincoats keep you warm? The warmth of clothes doesn't actually work when the world is hot, it doesn't make harder to cool down in summer.

Rain Coats provide no summer insulation.

Why would they be in the summer gear filter?

6 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Rain Coats provide no summer insulation.

Why would they be in the summer gear filter?

They initially put all rain gear into "summer items," like top hat and rain hat, which didn't provide any insulation.

Edited by Cassielu

5 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

They initially put all rain gear into "summer items," like top hat and rain hat, which didn't provide any insulation.

Then you should ask them to be removed, :-D. None of those make sense!

• Like 5
  • Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, zarklord_klei said:

The difference is a lot of people were effectively using that bug as a way to turn hounds off, without actually turning hounds off, IE. if they don't like the hounds mechanic(and they were using that bug as a way to turn it off, without it actually being off), turn it off, if you want to offer suggestions to improve the mechanic, then please do, we want to improve the hound wave mechanic, and we felt fixing bugs and cleaning up how it works to be consistent was the first step.

So what about making the red hounds increase the player and environment temperature instead of spawning random fires?, and maybe some kind of electric charged hound for spring, that will nice (maybe?). Thanks for the update tho :wilson_goodjob:

4 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Upon reviewing the motivation behind losing might when getting hit, we have decided that it was not achieving its purpose, and when comparing him to other characters it was deemed unnecessary. Therefore, it has been removed. 
  • The rate the Woflgang passively loses might has been increased. 
  • Only wimpy Wolfgang will use the punch animation when attacking with dumbbells.

Although the loss of might is faster, movement slows down the loss of might, and fighting, and working increases might, which is very fair to Wolfgang. Might is finally no longer an isolated, time-passing timer.

1 hour ago, JazzyGames said:

How about adding other options to hide from hounds? Perhaps if you hide somewhere for long enough there's a chance that the hounds will just run off and despawn. Might add a cool creepy horror element to the workflow of survival.

Aside from that I would advocate for an option to turn off any mobs such as red hounds that can cause massive amounts of damage to builds in the late game. I like having to deal with hound waves every 4 days or so, and I would happily consider fighting them toe-to-toe more often if I wasn't constantly worried about fires.

This would be an awesome buff to the bush hat. I can just see the comedy where suddenly a whole server vanishes in hats right before a hound wave.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Upon reviewing the motivation behind losing might when getting hit, we have decided that it was not achieving its purpose, and when comparing him to other characters it was deemed unnecessary. Therefore, it has been removed. 

Good riddance.

Wolfgang should be Wolfgang .. not Wolf-anda :P

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 5
  • Big Ups 1

6 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Upon reviewing the motivation behind losing might when getting hit, we have decided that it was not achieving its purpose, and when comparing him to other characters it was deemed unnecessary. Therefore, it has been removed. 

I think that would be a good idea: Keep the lose might when getting hit, but give the increased speed back. Would be something like "i can be fast, but i cant get hit". 

And i think thats a good idea to seperate him even more from wigfrid. Because tbh, for me, wig is better in every aspect. Wolf do more damage? Yes, but the time you use to get food, working out for might etc... Wig already defeated the boss without even need healing or worry about sanity. 

18 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Wait a minute…

F1D1DBA9-EAE2-45FA-A4E9-2641C0751828.jpeg

Haha yes Wolfgang has an actual upside though as opposed to throwing pebbles to tickle the bosses.  Overlaps already happen as well, like wes and wimpy wolf using less durability for less effectiveness with tools

8 hours ago, UbiAnomaly said:

I would like a more sanity based downside as well, but whatever

Maybe his might could go down faster the less sanity he has. As in he's more and more afraid and therefore less courageous

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Fixed a bug where disconnecting from the server or going to a different world would prevent hounds waves/depth worm waves from spawning.
    • While we always want feedback about our game, we recognise that this isn’t everyone's favourite mechanic, and as such if you don’t like hound waves or depth worm waves, you can always change their spawning properties in the world settings for your world.

Well, why did it need to be fixed, when my friends and I didn’t want to fight with them, we just went into the caves, and when we needed meat and fangs, they were happy to meet them. And now it will be wildly inconvenient to turn off the waves. It wasn't a bug, it was a feature.

12 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

when comparing him to other characters it was deemed unnecessary.

Agreed! While I think it was a fun but tough mechanic, it's already Wanda's purpose to deal a lot of damage and avoiding getting hit at all costs. Hopefully the faster might drain will be enough incentive for players to always be fighting/working. I haven't tested it out yet, but it seems to me like this is how it should be

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Wolfgang

• Upon reviewing the motivation behind losing might when getting hit, we have decided that it was not achieving its purpose, and when comparing him to other characters it was deemed unnecessary. Therefore, it has been removed. 
  • The rate the Woflgang passively loses might has been increased. 

View full update

In my opinion, this should not have been touched. The mightiness loss on hits gives you a reason to learn kiting enemies and not just face tank everything. The problem here is if you are building a base or you forget about the mightiness for just a minute, it goes down so fast to the point that it's annoying and unnecessary at all. It would be better if you reverted the passive loss and made armor reduce the mightness loss when hit. The patch is great overall. Good job.

• Like 3

Thank you for more amazing Wolfgang changes!

I have an idea for how the mightyness loss on hit mechanic could stay while not being super intrusive as I think having the mechanic in general is bad. Basically I think it'd be a nice downside if Wolfgang only lost mightyness on hit from nightmare creatures, this would make his sanity drain matter more as a downside too and would lead to situations where nightmare creatures become a decent threat.

My thoughts on the mightyness on loss from all creatures which people are suggesting should be tweaked instead of removed, is that the downside doesn't work really. If you're able to negate it with armour, then it doesn't matter anymore as you always wear armour in a fight, if you get hit a lot and do end up changing forms, then you get screwed over by the animation changes when recovering your might, if they remove the animations, then you can just use a dumbell to gain your mightyness back, if they remove the dumbells mightyness gain, then Wolfgang essentially becomes diet Wanda who exchanges dying in 2 hits with becoming Wilson in 2 hits and Wes in 2 more hits.

Edited by dubious little

2 hours ago, Maksym.12 said:

Well, why did it need to be fixed, when my friends and I didn’t want to fight with them, we just went into the caves, and when we needed meat and fangs, they were happy to meet them. And now it will be wildly inconvenient to turn off the waves. It wasn't a bug, it was a feature.

Klei is looking to change how Hound Waves work and to fix this bug is like the first step. Give feedback and ideas on how to improve hound waves if you dislike how they currently work. For now I suggest setting Hound Mounds to more and Hound Waves to none or less so you don't need to bother with waves but you can still get the meat and teeth in the desert.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Starling said:

I'm not able to deal with hounds as my favorite character during late game. I'll have to play as Wendy :(  Goodbye my sweet dapper man (Can't turn off the hound waves on the dedicated public server I'm playing)

Why aren't you able to deal with them? Tooth traps still exist. 

Even then, the varglets will reduce the amount of hounds initially spawned in the wave by 5 or so and can only spawn 3 additional hounds by themselves.