[Game Update] - 498339

• Developer

Beta Hotfix

Changes

• Restored click-to-move to continue moving while the chat, player listing, and map screens are open.
  • The camera can now be rotated while the crafting menu is open
  • Pressing Spacebar is now supported while the crafting menu is open
  • Crafting Controller Support
    • D-pad left and right now toggles between skins
      • However, there is a bug in this build that prevents crafting skins with the controller, there is already a fix ready for the next hotfix. 
    • D-pad up and down are now be used to scroll the recipe grid if there are more than 3 rows of craftable items (this is to allow the shoulder buttons to rotate the camera)
    • Right stick up will now enter the pin bar from the inventory if no other containers are open.
    • Right stick down will now exit the pin bar and return to the inventory bar
  • While the crafting menu is open, pressing Esc will now close the crafting menu without opening the pause menu.
  • Experimenting with new filter icons
  • Added a new sorting option “Favorite” that will prioritize favorited recipes within the selected filter.
    • Note: There is currently a bug with the favorites filter showing items twice when using Favorites sort mode
  • Added some items into crafting filters
    • Fashion and Desert Goggles added to Summer Items.
    • Rain Coat added to Winter Items.
    • Tin Fishin' Bin added to Fishing
  • Removed from crafting filters
    • Rain Coat removed from Summer Items.
  • Restored Red Firecrackers giving 3 per craft.
  • Restored Thulecite Walls Giving 6 per craft.
  • The Sculpting Table and Cartography Station now have special “Research at” action strings.

Wolfgang

• Upon reviewing the motivation behind losing might when getting hit, we have decided that it was not achieving its purpose, and when comparing him to other characters it was deemed unnecessary. Therefore, it has been removed. 
  • The rate the Woflgang passively loses might has been increased. 
  • Only wimpy Wolfgang will use the punch animation when attacking with dumbbells.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where Wolfgang continued lifting weights after unequipping a dumbbell.
  • Fixed a bug that caused Wolfgang's mightiness to reset to 50 if you went to the caves with full mightiness.
  • Fixed a bug causing characters to not say the hound warning string.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed varglets to improperly spawn on the water.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed you to attack across the void with melee weapons that have a range longer than normal.
  • Fixed a bug where disconnecting from the server or going to a different world would prevent hounds waves/depth worm waves from spawning.
    • While we always want feedback about our game, we recognise that this isn’t everyone's favourite mechanic, and as such if you don’t like hound waves or depth worm waves, you can always change their spawning properties in the world settings for your world.
  • Fixed a bug that made Farm Soil prevent Toadstool from spawning Sporecaps.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Tin Fishin Bins to be placed as close to other structures as they previously could.
  • Fixed the Drying Rack requiring an Alchemy Engine.
  • Fixed a bug preventing prebuilt structures that were crafted with free crafting to be unable to be placed when freecrafting was turned off.
  • Fixed a bug causing the Chat UI to appear in front of the Crafting UI.
  • Changed Blocky Ruins fade out effect.

Modders:

• Crafting Menu
    • The second return value in PlayerController:IsEnabled() should now correctly indicate when the player can perform limited actions, such as movement while the crafting menu is open. (fingers crossed)
    • PlayerHud:IsCraftingBlockingGameplay() should no longer be needed and is now unsupported.
    • Deleted the function PlayerHud:IsCraftingAllowingGameplay()
  • Loading tips
    • SetLoadingTipCategoryIcon(<tip_category>, <atlas>, <icon>) changes the icon displayed beside the loading tip text.
      • <tip_category> is a string name representing the tip category of the icon to replace. Refer to LOADING_SCREEN_TIP_CATEGORIES in constants.lua for a list of tip categories.
      • <atlas>, <icon> are strings representing the image from a .tex file to use as the tip icon.
      • Note that icon assets must be pre-loaded. To do so, create an asset table in modmain.lua the same way you normally would, but call the table PreloadAssets instead of  Assets then call ReloadPreloadAssets()

View full update

• Like 44
  • Thanks 3
  • Health 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Big Ups 2

6 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Restored click-to-move to continue moving while the chat, player listing, and map screens are open.
  • The camera can now be rotated while the crafting menu is open (more actions coming soon)

:wickerbottomthanks:

7 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Experimenting with new filter icons

Cool!

Fixed a bug where disconnecting from the server or going to a different world would prevent hounds waves/depth worm waves from spawning.

Well, then. Megabases are gonna need a lot more hound traps to keep up. That, or someone will revert this with a mod. One of the two.

9 hours ago, Thieverpedia said:

Well, then. Megabases are gonna need a lot more hound traps to keep up. That, or someone will revert this with a mod. One of the two.

1. You can 'revert' this by disabling hound waves.
  2. They just decrease the late game hound frequency from 3-7 days to 11-16 days.
  3. Late game waves are virtually guaranteed to replace 5 hounds with a Varglet, which should make it much easier to fend them off on the go.
Edited by QuartzBeam
err, decrease not increase
  • Like 18

1 minute ago, Thieverpedia said:

if you're megabasing then you should probably entertain the thought of turning hound waves off anyway. its simply more fun that way for me, no strings attached

• Like 4

While it didn't make sense thematically, losing might on hit was a fun idea. It had a lot of ironing out to do and had so many different things it had to interact with so I understand its removal.

• Like 12
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Primalflower said:

if you're megabasing then you should probably entertain the thought of turning hound waves off anyway. its simply more fun that way for me, no strings attached

Could probably set hound mounds to more and hound waves to none, then you can get all your hound's teeth without the waves to annoy.

• Like 2

I think fixing stuff like Hounding disconnecting is fine, its a welcome fix personally. Though with fixes like these its nice to add in a proper feature in its place to solve the issue the bug was being used to migrate.

On another note, all that's left is Unique Varglet art and this QOL is sealed as my favorite update in a long time!!

• Like 6
  • Health 1

34 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

The rate the Woflgang passively loses might has been increased. 

Just noticed this teaser for Wolfgang's new upcoming skin, Wafflegang. Greatest update of all time incoming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Now that Wolfgang's mightiness loss on hit is gone, fighting bosses is going to be a breeze.

This is by far the best QOL ever released and my favorite on top of that, I honestly don't know how you guys can make it even better at this point.

Very hyped for it to go on the live branch !   \o/

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Wolfgang

• Upon reviewing the motivation behind losing might when getting hit, we have decided that it was not achieving its purpose, and when comparing him to other characters it was deemed unnecessary. Therefore, it has been removed. 
  • The rate the Woflgang passively loses might has been increased. 

This is probably the most simple options.  I like it - there are a lot more ways to gain mightiness now, so it stands that losing it can happen quicker if you're not active.  I liked that taking damage => losing mightiness represented his cowardliness well, but for simplicities sake this is a good direction.

• Fixed a bug where disconnecting from the server or going to a different world would prevent hounds waves/depth worm waves from spawning.
    • While we always want feedback about our game, we recognise that this isn’t everyone's favourite mechanic, and as such if you don’t like hound waves or depth worm waves, you can always change their spawning properties in the world settings for your world.

Ooooh - does this mean if you enter caves after hearing a hound waves notification that you will still receive the hound wave on return?  In single player this was always my experience, but I know on multiplayer worlds you could duck out of them.

• Fixed a bug that made Farm Soil prevent Toadstool from spawning Sporecaps.

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh need to update toad tech XD

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • The camera can now be rotated while the crafting menu is open

Great changes in the way of restoring the feel of the old crafting menu.

But sadly it's still incomplete. You can move, change camera angle, pick up objects and harvest while the crafting menu is open but you cannot click F to initiate a fight, click ctrl+F to attack closest entity, or hold F to continue an ongoing fight. Opening crafting menu mid fight will make your character disengage from the fight.

Thus may I please ask for F and Ctrl F support to be added while the crafting menu is open. This feels like the final thing the new crafting UI is inferior to the old one. Are there any plans to support F too or is the action support on the UI final?

_______

Also, here are the new colored icons for reference. I do like the new colored icons, but it would be perfect if the icon quality could be higher, which I assume will be if they are settled upon.

image.png.13e14ab5a227701a135155c4c930e578.png

• Like 27

48 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Wolfgang

I'm glad I had the chance to test it, it was actually fun! I understand it was impossible to please everyone, it was too much changes for Wolfgang. Maybe you can keep the idea for a new character.

• Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Fixed a bug where disconnecting from the server or going to a different world would prevent hounds waves/depth worm waves from spawning.

Super happy this is fixed but I'm hoping they spawn when you log back in, not spawn regardless if you leave. I can see it getting really ugly if they spawn anyways... imagine getting killed because you're a lower end user and die whilst loading in. That and having rampant hounds eating your penned critters or walls if you're at your base.

If this is the case, can this and loading into surface and getting killed by bats be addressed? The bat thing has costed me and my friends a lot of deaths and seems insanely unfair.

• Like 13
  • Big Ups 1

14 minutes ago, Logsphinx said:

I'm glad I had the chance to test it, it was actually fun! I understand it was impossible to please everyone, it was too much changes for Wolfgang. Maybe you can keep the idea for a new character.

It's similar to what Wanda has, just a toned down version. If Wolf got hit a few times in a row he loses his damage multiplier and becomes Wilson. If Wanda gets hit a few times in a row she loses her damage multiplier and becomes a spooky ghost.

If you liked needing to be careful in combat in exchange for big damage you might like Wanda. Try her out.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Potato Cup 1