Searching for "Rare" Console Commands

I'd like to improve the list of console commands on the Wiki. Here's what I've got so far, and what I'd like to add, if they exist. Also open for other ones to be added. (Or, you could just add them yourself, Y'know :) )

• Set Wolfgang's Mightiness
    • c_setmightiness(###)
  • Set Wigfrid's Inspiration
    • c_setinspiration(###)
  • A Faster acting command to set Wanda's Age
    • c_sethealth() only updates at the top of every "year"
  • Trigger a random Woodie Transformation
    • Pretty sure I saw this on the Rhymes with Play Stream
    • ThePlayer.components.wereeater:ForceTransformToWere()
    • Manage with c_setwereness(###)
  • Clear Warly's "Stomach Memory"
  • Reset the Ruins
    • TheWorld:PushEvent("resetruins")
  • Override a Boss Cooldown

I've always wondered if there was a console command to fill out all or parts of the plant registry. I've already completed it myself, but I have a younger cousin who likes farming in games but I'd imagine that she might have trouble with the whole researching mechanic and would have a lot more fun if she could bypass it.

1 hour ago, ap95 said:

Reset the Ruins

There are two commands to do this. One of them is something along the lines of TheWorld:pushevent('resetruins') or TheWorld:getevent('c_resetruins') so you could try every combination of arrangements of those words and synonyms until you find the one that works or wait for someone like QuartzBeam or Hornete to come tell you what it actually is.

2 hours ago, mr. brj said:

I have always wanted to know if there is a command that prints out the prefab name of an entity under the mouse cursor.

ThePlayer.components.talker:Say(c_select().prefab)

This will make your character say the prefab name. This is a client side command, so you have to have the "Local:" in front of your command line, and this should work on any server as well.

In a sense theres an infinite amount of console commands, since really anything that can be done in code can be done in the console. If you had the dedication and time, you could turn a rabbit in the game world into the Fuelweaver with enough console commands. If you understand the games API's theres an infinitely amount of commands you could make up yourself.

Pushing aside the technicalities though, I assume you want the "c_" console commands, of which there are a bunch of functions Klei has defined in the consolecommands.lua file and you can find em all in there.

There's also the "d_" functions in debugcommands.lua. That file isnt loaded usually so you'll want to execute "require("debugcommands")" to get access to all the functions inside.

2 hours ago, mr. brj said:

I have always wanted to know if there is a command that prints out the prefab name of an entity under the mouse cursor.

print(c_select().prefab)

The c_select() function returns the entity under the mouse, and prints out the prefab variable attached to it in the console log.

8 hours ago, Cheggf said:

TheWorld:pushevent('resetruins')

So close! It's either d_resetruins or TheWorld:PushEvent("resetruins"). Found it in debugcommands.lua, but the second dosen't require the debug stuff to be active :)

13 hours ago, ap95 said:
  • Trigger a random Woodie Transformation
    • Pretty sure I saw this on the Rhymes with Play Stream

ConsoleWorldEntityUnderMouse().components.wereeater:ForceTransformToWere()

Will transform the Woodie you're hovering over. Most reliable method I'm aware of.

4 hours ago, Hornete said:

There's also the "d_" functions in debugcommands.lua. That file isnt loaded usually so you'll want to execute "require("debugcommands")" to get access to all the functions inside.

Quick note for anyone wanting to use this: certain debug commands on servers with caves will have mixed results, from doing absolutely nothing to crashing the server/client.
Same applies to debug keys.

It's a wonderful set of tools for testing things on caveless worlds, though. Especially for modding.

I actually have a tiny mod I use for that; the lua files with ~'s in front of them are copies of the vanilla files that are being enabled, for quick reference of the keys/commands that you can use.

~DEBUGMODE.zip

33 minutes ago, maradyne said:

ConsoleWorldEntityUnderMouse().components.wereeater:ForceTransformToWere()

Will transform the Woodie you're hovering over. Most reliable method I'm aware of.

Did some Experimenting, and ThePlayer.components.wereeater:ForceTransformToWere() also works. 

And then c_setwereness(###) to manage it. 

1 hour ago, maradyne said:

ConsoleWorldEntityUnderMouse()

I would suggest c_select() instead of ConsoleWorldEntityUnderMouse for selecting entities under the mouse, easier to write and memorize. Only evil people like @penguin0616 use ConsoleWorldEntityUnderMouse() ;-)

6 hours ago, Hornete said:

I would suggest c_select() instead of ConsoleWorldEntityUnderMouse for selecting entities under the mouse, easier to write and memorize. Only evil people like @penguin0616 use ConsoleWorldEntityUnderMouse() ;-)

ThePlayer.components.builder:GiveAllRecipes()

c_countprefabs()

Most people know this but what they may not know is that if this command is run locally, it'll count how many items there are in your loaded area.

c_speedup(x) is another favorite of mine since it speeds up the game while Long Updating just seems to skip time. It's good for testing stuff that requires you to stay in a place for a long period of time (such as regrowth).

And c_announce(TheWorld.meta.seed) gives you the seed of a world. This works locally too if you find a pub world whose seed you like.

6 hours ago, lakhnish said:

And c_announce(TheWorld.meta.seed) gives you the seed of a world. This works locally too if you find a pub world whose seed you like.

Wish I'd known this earlier, super helpful. Thanks.

Is there a command to make the Loot Stash spawn on one of its spawners (something like TheWorld:PushEvent)? I accidentally created a really nice world way back during Winter's Feast, decided to backup the save folders, and now when I remove the "festive" Loot Stash with commands, the regular one that is supposed to spawn during Winter doesn't spawn at all.

Archived