Opinions on Wolfgang's Refresh?

i think the best way of fixing him is giving his 1.25 speedboost back but giving him less speed in wimpy form so you have incentive to actually keep mighty form and stay away from wimpy form while also giving him more generalization in his perks and another thing is some team perks like letting other characters work out for a very small speed boost and a small dps boost 

Some of you are so busy arguing for your personal redition of what Wolfgang should be you fail to realize that he hasn't changed at all. The 2x that exists now is at most going to help him clear bosses a few minutes sooner. In that aspect he hasn't changed at all. 

Let's say it has now become easier to become mighty, now what? On the grand scale of things Wolfgang has remained as one demensional and one trick pony as he was before. How do you all fail to see this? 

The reason why people are so desperately grabbing for that speed boost is because this refresh has been a DOWNGRADE and nothing else. 

Before I was just basing my thoughts on the patch notes, so all I really cared about was them removing his speed boost since the notes didn't explain exactly how working out and mightiness would work. Now after playing the beta branch with my friend we both absolutely hate it. His damage staying at a constant 2x instead of changing is nice, but the rework is just so boring. When you first start you need to spend a ton of time staring at your screen doing no inputs (fun and entertaining gameplay) because you're watching him lift the dumbbell so you don't have to be wimpy. If you make a gym then the gym is alright, but are you just supposed to make gyms everywhere? People complained about Wolfgang using resources to buff himself and give nothing to the team because he ate a little more readily available food, now he wants to buff himself and give nothing to the team by making a bunch of 2 cut stone dumbbells and 2 cut stone 4 boards 2 rope gyms everywhere that have another 2 cut stone & 4 rocks on top of them which are probably going to be made with a potter's wheel nearby that takes another 2 cut stone & 2 boards. Even if your hunger is above 75% (so he still eats to stay mighty) the mightiness won't even last 7 minutes so you'll have to make a gem dumbbell and try to find time during fights to lift it.

The dumbbell animations are pretty funny, but he is just a slog to play now. Absolutely dreadful. 

7 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Some of you are so busy arguing for your personal redition of what Wolfgang should be you fail to realize that he hasn't changed at all. The 2x that exists now is at most going to help him clear bosses a few minutes sooner. In that aspect he hasn't changed at all. 

Let's say it has now become easier to become mighty, now what? On the grand scale of things Wolfgang has remained as one demensional and one trick pony as he was before. How do you all fail to see this? 

The reason why people are so desperately grabbing for that speed boost is because this refresh has been a DOWNGRADE and nothing else. 

worst part is people want the speed boost want to stay away for the sake of BALANCE which is a plague on the community

15 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

one thing is giving feedback about how to improve wolf and another is just saying that there isnt any downside with other characters

wasnt the point improving wolf or just nerf the others? 

i didnt said that wolf is game breaker. i said that by your logic, wolfgang being "slightly easier" (and you say you arent biased) makes him gamebreaker in comparation

I'm already telling how to improve Wolfgang. Just give him speedboost back and make dumbbells do proper damage. 

There is nothing else to suggest because the rework turned out great. They made a consistent mighty state and fixed the need to chew honey every 5 seconds. With speed boost Wolfgang will have high utility at whatever the goal is, and will not need magi amulet meaning he could actually use piggiback/marble side perk. Working out for double damage sucks. Working out for double damage and speed is epic. 

Him being basic is good, because we need at least one basic character for those who prefer that over a complex skill set. 

The no downsides is purely my opinion feel free to think they have them. I played Wanda, I played Wendy, I played Wormwood I played Warly. And didn't feel any kind of pressure from their "downsides". 

34 minutes ago, Thalkas said:

If you really want speedboost in Mighty form then I want better meter on Wigfrid, more HP on Abigail, army of Bernies, self-aiming balloons, non-aggresive merms from Wurt builded houses, compost's jellybeans for Wormwood and maybe six more incarnations for Woodie. Ah and I really want such a long Wilson's beard to turn him into Cousin Itt because why not?

Great sence of humor but you are missing the point. Every character you mentioned has some sort of advantage over others. They aren't equal and balanced but they are still unique and have utility. Wolfgang has no advantage, he is a direct downgrade from Wanda. 

3 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Great sence of humor but you are missing the point. Every character you mentioned has some sort of advantage over others. They aren't equal and balanced but they are still unique and have utility. Wolfgang has no advantage, he is a direct downgrade from Wanda. 

Do you try to play Wanda?

I play nearly 1000 hours and mosts of death was on Wanda cause her 30 hp in old age.

Just now, DajeKotlyar said:

Even with armor you can take roughly 10 hits. Also armor can't protect you from overheating, freezing, starvation. She is glass cannon.

yeah definitely a personal issue rank characters based on how good their full potential is not on your own skill issue

14 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Even with armor you can take roughly 10 hits. Also armor can't protect you from overheating, freezing, starvation. She is glass cannon.

Wanda In old form with thulecite crown has 300 hp. With nightmare armor she has 600 hp. With that in mind a single watch use heals 320 hp.

glass cannon? More like Tempered glass cannon.

I'm not even gonna comment on the starving. 

3 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Wanda In old form with thulecite crown has 300 hp. With nightmare armor she has 600 hp. With that in mind a single watch use heals 320 hp.

glass cannon? More like Tempered glass cannon.

I'm not even gonna comment on the starving. 

So Wolf with marble armor have 4k hp, don't lose it over time, can easily tank overheating and freezing have roughly the same DMG and he is "direct downgrade from Wanda"?

I don't think so

1 hour ago, Gi-Go said:

It's especially funny because the first two character he said need buffs are by far the two most popular lol. 

11 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

So Wolf with marble armor have 4k hp, don't lose it over time, can easily tank overheating and freezing have roughly the same DMG and he is "direct downgrade from Wanda"?

I don't think 

You can't expect me to take you seriously after you admitted you don't know how to play Wanda. Like I mentioned before, current Wolfgang is a Wanda replacement for absolute greens (noobs). And I don't want this character to be a low skill replacement, I want him to be the best combat character cuz that's his theme. 

I'm just gonna ask what ideas everyone has to add additions to Wolfgang that isn't combat based. Is there a way to make him harvest resources faster whilst still being distinct from Woodie or honey flakes? What other ways can strength be represented in game? I think the throwing dumbell idea could really be expanded upon. 

Until then, adding different hoops to achieve the exact same damage boost just feels a little bland. 

Just now, W0l0l0 said:

I'm just gonna ask what ideas everyone has to add additions to Wolfgang that isn't combat based. Is there a way to make him harvest resources faster whilst still being distinct from Woodie or honey flakes? What other ways can strength be represented in game? I think the throwing dumbell idea could really be expanded upon. 

Until then, adding different hoops to achieve the exact same damage boost just feels a little bland.

i have some
first add his speed boost back to his mighty form
second is to let him mine and chop faster and have it add to mightyness
and im having a brain fart rn so ill leave it at that

5 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Bruh, Wanda has double damage as a casual hobby on top of the best weapon in the game and infinite possibilities via teleportation. How is Wolfgang's supposed to compete with her without speedboost. Who would play him? People who can't deal with Wanda's "downside"? A Wanda replacement for absolute greens? 

Not having other perks than DoUbLe DaMaGe is indeed worse than not being able to heal from food. Healing salves, poop thing, batbat, jellybeans, sleeping. Whatever you prefer to make it irrelevant. You get speedboost, farm bonuses, free living longs and whatever other perks this guy has. You gain nothing from picking Wolfgang aside from being able to deal more damage for a couple days it takes Wanda to get her hands on alarm clock. 

The "other perks" being carrying heavy objects faster and having a crappy range weapon? Those sure are some heavy meta changes indeed. Can't wait to pick Wolfgang for the sake of those and not you know.... Walter.

Why I'm riled up? Because I want 2 good characters and a choice, instead of a clearly superior one and a pathetic replacement for those who have no spools. More importantly, why you insist on nerfing already limping character? I thought rework was made for people who like or want to like a charcater, and since you clearly aren't the first option (as asking for nerf of your favorite character is a bizzare concept) I'm supposed to assume you want Wolfgang to get nerfed to actually start playing him? But that can't be true either because "oh I really would love to play Wolfgang but he walks fast and that make him boring. Now if he would walk slower he would instantly become my main". Doesn't make any sence. So what is your goal if not to troll Wolfgang mains then?

Imagine saying character is good enough after rework despite being absolutely pointless, because people would at least pick him for vanity. 

The Wanda is the best charcater by far and is hands down OP. But I'm amazed you'd rather have her removed than allow Wolfgang to have a single freaking perk that she dosen't have. I just don't get your priorities or goals. Why do you even care what others say? 

As for boss drops you are absolutely correct. I do not want any of the junk you mentioned. Fuelweaver drop is also nice but I consider that a game win and thus don't really care. Bundles and jellybeans are the good stuff. 

The only problem of this rework is the speedboost removal. The gym is infinitely better as a speedboost gain than touching dead fish in terms of game design. But instead you want people to focus on comming up with a bunch of random crap to make another "interesting" messy pile of pointless mini perks. 

I've done a boss rush where I took out bee queen, ancient guardian, dragonfly, shadow pieces, deerclops and klaus before the first spring and you are about to tell me Wanda has downsides and is not overshadowing Wolfgang? X Doubt. 

cosaaa.gif.410bb40594eab7b02e75f0639a72e6b6.gif

Wanda OP, Pls Klei nerf.

5 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. Never plays Wolfgang, is gonna play him just to do a mini game inside of a game, and yet finds the need to tell opinion on the nerf. Speed boost or no speed boost that shouldn't even concern you, if you came for the gym that exists either way! I don't understand you people, why you bothered to even write soemhting. 

And also, I never said I play combat characters exclusively. I play a lot of them and pick whichever one fits into my plains. And the current Wolfgang will not fit into any of them because when I want more damage I pick Wanda. Simple as that. 

Yeah I don't play him ANYMORE because he's boring and cheap.

I've already explained my position on the speed multiple times, stop telling people what does or doesn't concern them. The game isn't built for you alone. No interest in inactering with you further. 

2 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

You can't expect me to take you seriously after you admitted you don't know how to play Wanda. Like I mentioned before, current Wolfgang is a Wanda replacement for absolute greens (noobs). And I don't want this character to be a low skill replacement, I want him to be the best combat character cuz that's his theme. 

Not everyone is some amazing god like you apparently who can consistently no-hit every boss as Wanda. I've died as Wanda in situations where I would've survived as other characters, and you along with most other people in these forums likely have too. If you haven't, then that's probably because you haven't actually played Wanda. If this is the case, then please, shut up. Wanda is a glass cannon. Wolfgang is not (no speed penalty on marble suits makes him the opposite of a glass cannon, really), and still has great dps; in fact its even greater now that it doesn't linearly scale with your hunger and you can consistently deal 2x damage without having to constantly devour carrots to keep your hunger at its max. Picking between Wolfgang and Wanda (or any of the other characters with combat perks) really boils down to personal preference (unless the player hasn't unlocked Wanda). Please stop claiming Wanda is objectively better or Wolfgang is only for noobs, they each have their ups and downs and Wolfgang is still a great pick even if he doesn't have increased speed.

Archived