In-Game Headcanons?

A cute head canon of mine is that Bernie and Ashley are the equivalent to the moral angels/demons you sometimes see appear on a character's shoulders, but for Willow.

Only difference being that instead of Good and Bad its just Arson and... more Arson. They promote Willow's habits. ^^
A sketch of said head canon by my friend PunkShark over on Discord!! Bless his art.
Willowo_fire.png

...the Moon Rocks from beta were colored like Marble because Marble is actually Moon Rock drained of its power.
The Marble that made up Max's sculptures fit this criteria by being in the Constant for a long time before he found it.
The first, pale """Moon Rocks""" that fell during beta were from the Moon's outer crust, and thereby not too different from what was already here.
The meteors that fall now are from a bit deeper within, and thereby sufficiently charged to change their color.

Moonlight and Shadows are able to interact so easily with the Marble Sculptures because the material is, by its nature, made to contain a power.

This is a bit further supported by the way in which Marble can be grown from seeds; the Moon has a history of twisting together aspects of the animate and inanimate.

In my head I have this full story, where all of the human survivors together arrived in Hamlet and managed to buy a house, but could only afford two rooms, so old lady Wicker stepped in and decided that in the name of proper manners they would seperate the rooms by gender. So in one room there was a fun sleepover with Willow and Winona immediately buildung a pillow fortress and in the other room, there where way too many people arguing over space, with Maxwell and Wilson silently sitting in a corner and exchanging sour gazes across the room.

On 11/6/2021 at 4:00 AM, Owlrus said:

To start, one of my headcanons is that the thermal stone is repaired by the sewing kit only because the survivors wrap the thing together into a bow instead of actually sewing it.

Hot water bottles have fabric on the outside so that the heat won’t scold your skin.

On 11/6/2021 at 1:49 AM, HowlVoid said:

Each side chose its own "king" for its chess board, the sacrificial piece. The darkness chose Maxwell, but later turned to Wilson when he took over. The moon chose Wagstaff. 

Would not be opposed to this being canon at some point.

The Machines and Alter were homies but Alter dipped when the Shadow War started.

Wurt being a vegan cannot eat Eggs, but she can eat Rotten Eggs. Wigfrid being a meat eater can eat Eggs, but she cannot eat Rotten Eggs. The same applies to all forms of rot. I think that the passage of time makes everything vegan.

On 11/22/2021 at 6:14 PM, HowlVoid said:

Gosh darn dead beat parent not contacting my boi

Alter went to go get milk in Together just like when they betrayed the Machines

Well, some of my MAIN headcanons have been proven wrong/answered by the character refresh sketches and other things.  Like, when I first came here I had these big elaborate ideas about the true source of Nightmare Fuel and how Abigail died.  Some left-over ones that I don't THINK have been squished yet would be...

1.  The Constant has some kind of constantly-on magic or psychic field, which is how the characters got their Strange New Powers.  It hits some harder than others; for example if you've already got a strong inclination (or even obsession) with a particular trait.  It's why, for example, Willow (in regular DS) is an untrained pyrokinetic and Woodie, with his obsession about chopping down trees, actually becomes a beaver.  (This theory was made up BEFORE he got the other two forms.  Now he just...embodies Canada even more than before?)

1a The magic field of the Constant is also what makes animals turn out as weird hybrids, able to reproduce from only one individual, insanity able to become real physical manifestations that can attack their living projectors, and whatnot.
1b  Except moon stuff; the moon is made of DIFFERENT weird material so it has OTHER weird effects.  Ghosts have part moon magic--why do you think they can turn pigs into _werepigs_ or flowers into evil flowers, another thing that can happen on the full moon?)

2.  Some stuff in the Constant was made or influenced by Maxwell, but not all.  (Like, the whole Metheus/Ancients thingamabob happened before he got there.)

3. The pig-people had a schism between the Civilizeds and the Barbarians, with the current leader of the Barbarian tribe running off to make his own tribe...with blackjack and hookers! while the others stayed where they were in their fancy villages.  They now HATE each other and will immediately start yelling insults if it was possible for a Hamlet pig and a 'regular" pig to meet.

(4. I used to think that if you could sail off the mainland in regular DS/DST, you would find the Shipwrecked islands.  Nope.  Well, in actual gameplay, nope. I still think it's a neat STORY idea.)

5. The sections on the day-dial represent about an hour each, making the Constant a faster-spinning planet that has a 16-hour day.

6.  Isn't it weird that the climate has NOTHING to do with how north or south or towards the middle you are ? That's because this ain't a normal round planet..._or_ a flat one.  It's a torus.  :)
Alternatively, 6a, it's because this ISN'T the entire map and we're still exploring in only the temperate zone.  The whole planet is bigger.  No, you may not go there.  It also has mountains.  : P

7.  Last but not least my MOST crackpot headcanon...Oxygen Not Included dupes and the Survivors are _both_ avatar characters of bored high-tech semi-immortals ("Reality is all a simulation made by a Kardeshev 5 civilization!"), and whenever a new person gets the Nightmare Throne, that means that character has "won" the game and their nigh-immortal player gets to decide some things about the next "round" of the game.  Charlie's player has a thing for roses.

...Notorious

I believe that Maxwell and Winona would at least once have had a big fight over Maxwell pulling Charlie into the whole mess while never even telling her what was actually going on with his magic. Maxwell would initially defend his motives with the potential of dark magic, but Winona would be having nothing of this, calling him a coward and convincing him in a way that no other survivor ever could, that nightmarefuel was never his power, but a way to tuck in his tail and hide behind a facade of greatness.

Probably my favourite headcanon is, that a spear doesn't deal such low damage because it's a bad weapon, but because the survivors have actually no idea how to use a spear and instead of stabbing, they just use it like a bat to smack things (which is clearly what the do in the attack animation).

I have many, mostly related to character interactions.

I like to imagine that wurt lives isolated from the rest of the survivors, but is on friendly terms with them.

Wx-78 hates boats and everything in the ocean and refuses to sail for any reason, unless it's to go to the lunar island.

Wx-78 constantly lies about what functions he has, either to make others look bad, or make himself look good. Such functions include: a weenie detector, a weak point sensor, and a chess algorithm (he did not lose, he simply chose not to utilize his full functions for fair play)

Wx-78 think of themselves as the leader, with everyone else as their minion. No one else treats them seriously though, except winona, who just plays along. They also have specific variations of "fleshling" for everyone, but just calls winona "overalls" because they see her as "the most useful minion". (Aka, the only one who actually helps him)

Maxwell sometimes does stage magic for the kids. if only he could find a good deck of cards...

Willow is a surprisingly good cook, when they don't burn the food. She likes to help warly, who tolerates the assistance.

Wormwood has a crippling fear of woodie, who finds it hilarious and sometimes teases the poor plant.

Wormwood also likes to help wx-78, who does not tolerate the assistance. Wormwood insists, dispite all evidence, that they are good friends. (Think caboose and church from red vs blue)

Wanda has a habit of completing tasks people asked her to do before they ever asked, or long after. She also constantly mixes up her past, present and future tenses, much to everyone's annoyance.

Wes is the only one who actually knows how to play the One Man Band, he's pretty good at it.

No one knows where wortox lives, they just appear randomly to either cause mischief or give assistance. It depends on what mood they're in.

Wilson is aware that wortox knows a lot more than he's letting on, wortox takes great delight in teasing the scientist by giving non answers to Wilson's endless questions.

Wx-78 attempted to make art once, just to prove that they could. The result is still a topic of mockery to this day.

The reason why Wolfgang was nerfed, is that he was quite literally running himself ragged trying to be "the big man" of the group. He eventually started a new workout routine that was far healthier and less calorie intense after others were concerned for his health, leading him to slow down, but gain more muscles.

Archived