In-Game Headcanons?

Maxell will eventually canonically only be responsible for tallbirds because everything else is gonna have some different super lore rich secret origin (see: merms, pigs, crows, clockworks, etc). And we'll have to come to terms with the fact that the dapper man spent his whole time on the throne making funny birds.

Charlie made the DST stuff so that the survivors can have exciting new adventures. (Remember there is no oasis in DS, so she made a lake that can have blueprints and whatnot in it).

Not really headcannon about dst directly, but klei added winona as solution for not adding charlie. She is charlie's sister so she is allowed to have hairstyles like her in her skins, and she can have darkness perk because she knows charlie. Also kind of their solution for not adding wagstaff since she can have machines kind of similar to his.

Wes invented the lifejacket for WX so it would be less scared of the ocean + he wants to make it happy like he wants to make all the other survivors.

Headcanons, headcanons... Trying to remember some...

I've mentioned this in another thread, but I like to think that the survivor group keeps an eye on Wendy in case her mental health worsens. 

They all care about her a lot, and they try to help however they can to ease her sorrow, even WX78, though they claim it's because "Wendy is a useful unit for group survival and thus her well-being must be maintained".

Maxwell is a distant uncle, but he still tries to spark a conversation with her.

Walter takes her on walks in the forest and tells her facts about the plant species they encounter.

Mrs. Wickerbottom regularly checks up on her. She reminds her to eat and drink water. Occasionally she brings her some soothing tea to help with headaches.

On 11/6/2021 at 6:49 AM, HowlVoid said:

I have a few head cannons

The eye created many creatures in its image as it tried to control Charlie by mistake as it could not control its powers; tall birds, deerclops, chester, etc.

Maxwell created the tallbirds.

The Fuelweaver is actually alive and well; Charlie just whisked away the shadowy bits holding his consciousness through a spooky portal that squeezed out all the bones.

This is my religion and I will die for it.

Spoiler

I came up with too many silly slice of life ideas for this scenario, I'm in too deep now.

here's some old ones from my old archived thread:

- The kids sometimes take large asparagus stalks and play war games using them, mostly to Wickerbottom's chagrin.

- Apart from wx's usual water-spilling antics, Wortox loves chucking tomatos and fruits at other survivors, and slipping them into bedrolls and tents. Everyone was annoyed at first, but eventually got used to it for so long as durians and peppers were left out of pranks.

- Everyone wonders why the heck they had to make fast farm plots before when they could literally just have planted into the earth the way they do now.

- Wickerbottom was forced to abridge Applied Horticulture into two separate books due to a sudden loss of memory after the survivors ventured into the Lunar Grotto and Ancient Archives. Said loss of memory has made her begin to worry about further losses of memory induced bybher advanced age, which has affected her well-being as a whole, to the other survivors' concern.

- Much consternation occurs when a giant durian is grown, with outcries from most survivors to remove it at all cost. It gets worse when Wurt decides not to wait and breaks the durian open to sup on it immediately, forcing survivors to vacate the base for three days or until the smell of wet old socks has fully dissipated. 

On 11/6/2021 at 4:43 PM, Primalflower said:

dontstarve_steam_x64_iu4W4SeB0B.png.2775c387cd275d4e5b72f4fadbae6458.pngdontstarve_steam_x64_abyakKvVc2.png.056153058f351068f8ca41c9b977728a.pngdontstarve_steam_x64_SujmlMuaPf.png.dfe36de393734873cb867e7e17fb2655.png

dontstarve_steam_x64_QuhnfuOdXb.thumb.png.a94ccfd9c60a73ff3a430bf484a0777c.png

(for other characters without a short, it says "His Past" or "Her Past", Not Their.)

While the game and other survivors do refer to WX-78 as They/Them, it's worth noting that WX-78 themself seems to be masc-leaning.

Examining the shark-tooth crown from Shipwrecked has WX call themselves king

If you go through adventure mode as WX and the throne has another WX on it, they'll refer to the throned WX as "Brother"

And some of WX's skins would traditionally be considered masculine-coded, such as the Guest of Honor skin, Were WX gives themselves a bow tie and mustache; and the Merrymaker skin, Were WX dresses up as a Nutcracker. (Female Nutcrackers do exist, but the Merrymaker design is definitely intended to take after the iconic soldier designs).

In conclusion, I believe WX-78 to use He/They pronouns. Accounting for all evidence and upsetting nobody. 

Idk I feel like Wormwood is super smart, despite having only recently been born in hamlet he still knew a few words and phrases. 

When he migrated to DST he didn't really improve much but I think this is due to hamlet only having occured recently. If anyone is teaching Wormwood stuff I think its the moon. Maybe subconsciously guiding him along and watching through him.

Which makes me sad that there wasn't any connections established between him and the moon in Return of Them. 

Gosh darn dead beat parent not contacting my boi.

1 hour ago, Theukon-dos said:

While the game and other survivors do refer to WX-78 as They/Them, it's worth noting that WX-78 themself seems to be masc-leaning.

Examining the shark-tooth crown from Shipwrecked has WX call themselves king

If you go through adventure mode as WX and the throne has another WX on it, they'll refer to the throned WX as "Brother" (I wont consider this one because its very old and was written in a time in which klei had characters use 'he' as a gender-neutral referral)

And some of WX's skins would traditionally be considered masculine-coded, such as the Guest of Honor skin, Were WX gives themselves a bow tie and mustache; and the Merrymaker skin, Were WX dresses up as a Nutcracker. (Female Nutcrackers do exist, but the Merrymaker design is definitely intended to take after the iconic soldier designs).

In conclusion, I believe WX-78 to use He/They pronouns. Accounting for all evidence and upsetting nobody. 

this is a fair conclusion, and WX-78 does present fairly masculinely. Though I think that one can present masculinely and still go by strictly they/them, I think about Kris from deltarune as a recent example of this.

Wanda, in her travels through time and space, once met a young Abigail. The time traveler gave her vague, slightly ominous advice about "Living Life to the fullest, because you never know when your time will run out". Advice that Abigail followed until her death a year later.

Archived