The difference between Casual & Veteran.

Another nonsense to the list, a new topic where mike tries to feel superior than players which he thinks they want the game easier. But sure, he doesnt wants polemics

Always the same : "People are casuals for fighting a boss that drops an "super op furnace that trivialices winter" and they fight that boss with a wall because they want the game to be casual blablabla" meanwhile OP plays on endless and use rollbacks but he is better player because he doesnt do megabases, he doesnt fight bosses (but not because he doesnt know, is because they make the game easier, sure) he is veteran because has all xbox achievements which are as difficult as building a science machine

Just let people play as they want. If you use 500 rollbacks to survive cookie cutters doesnt affect how i experience the game. You wont see me open topics asking for removing rollbacks because some players abuse it for everything. Or i wont ask for nerfing endless server because you can revive all the time there (but later you complain about wanda without playing her..)

This kind of topics are just baits to start arguments to fight your nonsense, arrogance and selfishness

9 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Another nonsense to the list, a new topic where mike tries to feel superior than players which he thinks they want the game easier. But sure, he doesnt wants polemics

Always the same : "People are casuals for fighting a boss that drops an "super op furnace that trivialices winter" and they fight that boss with a wall because they want the game to be casual blablabla" meanwhile OP plays on endless and use rollbacks but he is better player because he doesnt do megabases, he doesnt fight bosses (but not because he doesnt know, is because they make the game easier, sure) he is veteran because has all xbox achievements which are as difficult as building a science machine

Just let people play as they want. If you use 500 rollbacks to survive cookie cutters doesnt affect how i experience the game. You wont see me open topics asking for removing rollbacks because some players abuse it for everything. Or i wont ask for nerfing endless server because you can revive all the time there (but later you complain about wanda without playing her..)

This kind of topics are just baits to start arguments to fight your nonsense, arrogance and selfishness

I believe you may have COMPLETELY missed the point of this thread, there is no right or wrong perspective- all I’m really asking is for people to see that this game gives the players plenty of OPTIONS to make the game as easy or as hard as you want to play it at the time.

I play on ENDLESS to play with Xbox friends and my little sister who can’t even read.. but that’s irrelevant to the point I’m trying to convey: This game DST, it is a product that is fully capable of catering to each and every single group of players wants and needs.

I can sit here and say Yo Klei add all those pretty flower pot decoration choices we have in Hamlet. And that is a valid suggestion that would significantly improve the game for people who want to build bases..

But there will ALWAYS be someone who barges in and says “Pretty floral plants isn’t what this franchise is about we want more bosses!”

Theres something for Everyone here, and the sooner people realize that and start suggesting things based with that in mind- the BETTER this game will be.

Maybe not in your own personal opinion, but for everyone wanting to enjoy it.

I see a million threads about Please Klei make Catcoon Dens & Reeds auto renew themselves.. 

From MY Perspective- Please Klei if you do that make sure it’s entirely OPTIONAL because I strongly feel like proper management of your world, the mobs that inhabit it and the resources available to you should play an integral part into any survival game. If you let all your cat send go extinct that’s your fault, or someone you let join your worlds fault or the world Gen itself being very unlucky to you..

But just making things renewable without having an option to keep them as they are now, would make them one less resource you need to be careful not to let expire.

(hopefully at least SOMEONE understands the messages I’m trying to convey in this thread because I assure you I don’t write graphic novels worth of posts to start some stupid flame war between opinions.)

40 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Cause some enjoy the risk of checking map and managing inventory while game is unpaused but want to PAUSE the game when they are AWAY from keyboard.

So your "don't use it if you don't like it" argument doesn't make sense here at all.

Some people dont like that risk, you fail to understand that if a player wants to manage its inventory while the game is paused they can, and for some reason that really bothers you.

And why if i say that if you dont like it dont use it doesnt make sense? Its as simple as it sounds, if you want to force the players into thinking they only should move the inventory while unpaused, you are forcing them to a playstyle.

19 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

Someopeople dont like that risk, younfail to understand that if a player wants to manage its inventory while the game is paused they can, and for some reason that really bothers you.

And why if i say that if you dont like it dont use it doesnt make sense? Its as simple as it sounds, if you want to force the players into thinking they only should move the inventory while unpaused, you are forcing them to a playstyle.

I understand that reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits.

Judging by the way you are pulling random assumptions that i somehow want to force people to not use pause button or that wanting to use the pause button for its intended purpose when going afk and having option for the game to NOT pause while i am actually playing and using minimap / inventory is somehow "not liking it" and i shouldn't use the pause altogether? What?

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

Some people want to be able to pause the game to go do something in real life (be it bathroom break , important phonecall etc)

What some people don't want is game automatically pausing from doing ingame things like checking map or opening crafting menus.

Cause some enjoy the risk of checking map and managing inventory while game is unpaused but want to PAUSE the game when they are AWAY from keyboard.

So your "don't use it if you don't like it" argument doesn't make sense here at all.

Pause button will be P when the update comes. 

Everything else is auto-pause, which can be turned off. 

2 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Pause button will be P when the update comes. 

Everything else is auto-pause, which can be turned off. 

So it's confirmed?

Good to hear. It's gonna be like in Terraria nice.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Theres something for Everyone here, and the sooner people realize that and start suggesting things based with that in mind- the BETTER this game will be.

i though we shouldnt make suggestions because we dont know what klei will release next  :wilsoalmostangelic:

I believe you may have COMPLETELY missed the point of this thread, there is no right or wrong perspective- all I’m really asking is for people to see that this game gives the players plenty of OPTIONS to make the game as easy or as hard as you want to play it at the time.

im not talking about who is wrong. Im talking about how dishonest you are

not so much time ago you made fun of people who megabase because they didnt want meteors to be arround the entire map because it would be annoying rather than difficult. You repeated, as you always do, that altive comments in other topics now you did it in the df topic but later you made this topic playing the innocent rol ("isnt made to be polemical" sure, if someone tells you "i love you" doenst mean their intencions are bad) calling for respect and all when you do the opposite

This game DST, it is a product that is fully capable of catering to each and every single group of players wants and needs.

no because is made by a private companie. Klei arent our maids, they do what they want to do for their bussiness

so suggestions like "i MUST be able to config which things can be placed in DF arena" and other very niche and personal suggestions arent productive if later you will also ask for removing exploits and cheese methods just because you dont want them. Sure, klei should give us choices but only when you like them...

about the topic of the thread... doenst even has sense, Veteran vs casual is like comparing blue colour vs 13:00 AM as others already said. It was made just to tag people in a conceited way

I'm inclined to agree with the synopsis because in my opinion the game is too easy to really split the playerbase into many formats. DST does not have competitiveness or seriousness, it's a very forgiving sandbox. All you need is patience and sometimes youtube to make it work. It's why the game is so popular in the first place you don't need to be particularly good at videogames to enjoy it.

as for the rest of the post I couldn't make sense of it but that's mike

8 hours ago, Shosuko said:
  Reveal hidden contents

First off as a quick disclaimer: I’m not creating this thread to start wide spread chaos and global warfare amongst Klei’s forums, this thread along with most other threads like this is a matter of pure OPINION, and not everyone is going to agree with each other’s opinions. I ask that you remember this and don’t start personal insults on another player or their capabilities with the game within this or really any other thread if I’m being honest.

First off let’s set the record straight: the difference between Casual and Veteran Status is a matter of pure self-centered Ego, nothing more..
: So if your a self proclaimed veteran at just staying alive with as little resources as you need.. something like this won’t EVER appeal towards you.. right?
: Again it is all going to boil down to the differences within your own self ego of ill-informed opinions
: I hate a lot of the casual changes Klei has been making to DST
: having the Mini-Map and Inventory PAUSE the Game is such a highly noob feature
: Mega base builders who want to turn off all survival aspects of the game
: you guys really REALLY need to start opening up your minds

Or maybe you just don't know about it yet lol  There are better cheese to ace skeletor than there are for dfly XD

Yeah I've seen the lureplant cheese, walking to the border to avoid the bone cage, building in the little space available in the arena, but not anything game breaking...

Spoiler

Perhaps you can share some knowledge?? :wilsoalmostangelic:

19 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Our of curiosity, Mike: have you fought DF till now? And no, not with Gunpowder. Melee weapon of choice and, preferably, kiting.

18 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

..But when it comes to fighting bosses: I’m a complete and total casual noob at it.

Well, @Mike23Ua, at least am glad you've tacitly admitted what was pretty obvious. I get you probably find it hard/tedious learning how to efficiently kite bosses, learn their attack patterns, practice over-and-over on personal servers and such. Maybe is time consuming, frustrating to do so, perhaps you're not willing, or think you lack the skill. But is this constructive, Mike? To find shaky-feet excuses with more-than-lengthy posts of why you don't do bosses, but still wanting to pretend you're "a Veteran at staying alive under any conditions and as any character possible"?! When you yourself repeatedly posted GIFs of how, as Wendy, you crooked from Spiders (with Abi close-by) and freezing, all the while Deerclops was mushing your base 5 tiles away? C'mon, Mike, learn the game properly! I don't say this from some cardboard podium of imaginary superiority, but as sincere advice: you're losing your time trying to justify faults, to people and probably yourself as well, more-so when you advocate too for game in general be made harder precisely in the fields you cannot, atm, prevail: against bosses and late-game challenges. Pls stop with this "I bet those high-up grapes I can't reach aren't even good, am sure they're sour and most-likely started to rot" attitude. You don't need to fill any "cataloging" condition on some spectrum between "Casual" and "Veteran" in-game or on these forums, whatever that may mean for you - it doesn't matter in the end. We're all just black nicks, incognito, on digital paper. If you don't wanna evolve, is also ok. Yet don't deflect and blame supposedly poor loot (when DF's drops are anything but "poor") or how others play the game towards certain "metas". Here: Don't Starve Wikia & YouTube: DST Bosses. You're dwelling these forums for more than 2 years, reading a lot of tactic/strat posts, you cannot pretend you don't want to "spoil yourself". Persevere, Mike - like in this Survival Sandbox's spirit: from scarcity to thriving. You'll have a lot more fun than doing the same basic stuff ad-infinitum (and failing at it). Plus buy a PC. Even if you're emotionally attached to your childhood console and its social/familial facet, understand PC gaming offers a choice plethora X-BOX-and-the-like can't even begin to strive for.

1 hour ago, Bernado1 said:

Yeah I've seen the lureplant cheese, walking to the border to avoid the bone cage, building in the little space available in the arena, but not anything game breaking...

Reveal hidden contents

Perhaps you can share some knowledge?? :wilsoalmostangelic:

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

Since nobody asked, I'm just gonna throw in, I'm a hella casual player, I revive myself with console:D

And honestly, I think I don't understand exactly, what is meant to be discussed here - can someone enlighten me?

In short, it has nothing to do with casual and veteran player. It’s just asking for people to remain civil, and recognize that just because a certain feature or update doesn’t appeal to you personally, doesn’t mean that there’s not another person that loves it.

2 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Since nobody asked, I'm just gonna throw in, I'm a hella casual player, I revive myself with console:D

And honestly, I think I don't understand exactly, what is meant to be discussed here - can someone enlighten me?

There isnt much of a discussion here, mike is just showing his thoughts. 

5 minutes ago, Capybara007 said:

There isnt much of a discussion here, mike is just showing his thoughts. 

The discussion was intended to make people think outside of their own personal wants for the game.

Look at every thread I have ever commented in as examples, off-topic? Maybe.. but related to the topic? Always.. if someone makes a thread that says for example-

Please Nerf Wavey Jones he is too Uncompromising! Then I would be there to voice my opinion on how I felt Nerfing him would be making things too easy.

I never straight up say NO to someone’s suggestions for changes to the game- but understand that CHANGES also impact the game I have already bought and enjoy for what it was.

So there need to be OPTIONS & OPINIONS brought up that validate both sides of a suggestion.

Wavey Jones was used as an example because Klei actually Did hit him with a hard Nerf.. But some simple changes to the toggle Menus full of things that you can flip On/Off/More/Less over would fix that.

Rather then just changing a feature or mechanic because of one sides suggestions for it, all sides need to be considered.

As much as I advocate for features from Shipwrecked and Hamlet which would colossally make DST as a whole a harder game.. I Understand that not EVERYONE wants RNG Mob encounters those DLC’s Had.. because not everyone plays the game the way I do, and imagine just wanting to build bases and chop wood all the hostile mobs you would need to deal with if such a suggestion were added-

Which is exactly why there need to be OPTIONS.. if people want it: Toggle it On or join a world with those settings applied, and if people Don’t want it: Leave it off (like Most people do with Wildfires) or join a server that has it set to off.

You guys say any other forum that has tried to bring PEACE to a Divided Community has just ended in flame wars and insults.. the reason WHY is because one group of players crying for certain changes directly impacts the other group in most games.

With DST.. it is drastically different because you can quite literally custom tailor your gameplay experience, and that’s all without ever even installing a single Mod!

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

With DST.. it is drastically different because you can quite literally custom tailor your gameplay experience, and that’s all without ever even installing a single Mod!

No you can't + literally every second survival sandbox tries that.

You have never played any other sandbox survival, this is why you compare dst to moba games

Ask Survival Evolved, State of Decay, Atlas, Conan Exiles, The Long Dark, 7 Days to Die, Minecraft (on hard mode), Dont Starve, Shipwrecked, Hamlet, DST, Fallout, No Mans Sky (again also on Hard Mode)

pretty sure all of the above qualify as Sandbox survival games.

But NONE of them with the sole exception of DST give you as much control over what mobs spawn, what resources are available, what game mechanics are in play-

DST DOES..

Dont like Pengull for whatever reason? You can turn the little guys to less or completely off. Think there’s not enough naturally growing berry bushes and carrots for Wurt? You can set them to spawn more in your world, Hate going insane and dying to sanity monsters? You can turn them completely off now.

DST deserves the recognition it has earned, stop ignoring it.

Can you please just stop with telling people to just mess with the world settings if they want the game to be harder?

It'll technically do the job. Sure, But it doesn't solve the problem. Worst case scenario, it just makes the game harder without any of the fun difficult games are associated with. That, or it entirely changes the gameplay loop for the sake of "challenge". 

Think of it like a Pokemon Nuzlock. Yeah, it's harder than playing the game by default. But even If I want the game to be harder, that's not how I want it. I want to be able to train and watch my Pokemon grow instead of having to toss them into the grave yard after they're KO'd. I want to catch whatever pokemon I want to catch instead of just the first sad face I find. I want important trainers to use held items, I want gyms to employ actual strategies and have the coverage needed so I can't just steamroll them with whatever type they're weak too. I want to be able to turn off that stupid XP share.

If I want Sanity to be harder, then sure, I could crank up Shadow monster to tons. But at that point the Sanity meter effectively just becomes a second health meter. It's Harder, sure, but not in an interesting way.

I could turn down every source of food in the game. But all that would do is make me spend more time gathering food. I could also just avoid building farms, but then I'm cutting out huge parts of the game for myself.

I could fight Deerclops no armor and with an ax. But that doesn't really give the fight depth, it just makes it take longer and punish me more if I get hit.

I could play the game in lights out. But that's massively changing the gameplay loop in a way that, while harder, might not be more enjoyable.

I could set everything that wants to kill me to lots, every passive food source to none, and start in a random season. But that's not Don't Starve anymore. That's a Hungry Knight sequel with Skyrim levels of modding.

This same logic also applies if the game's too hard for me.

I could turn nightmares to none, but now I'm getting nearly 0 nightmare fuel and am locking myself out of anything that uses it.

I could turn off winter if I keep freezing. But now I'm locked out of things like Tam o' Shanters, Easy ice, deerclops.

Or I could turn all the food sources to more/lots, and now my world is completely cluttered with berry bushes and the like.

Changing world settings just isn't the catch-all solution that you think it is. And I'm tired of you bringing it up every time someone says they want the game to be harder or easier.

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

this is why you compare dst to moba games

I compare DST to MOBA games because DST is getting UPDATES that give characters Multiplayer focused Abilities…

Abilities: That go hand in hand with another characters abilities or strengths.

Wendys petal buff now allows WES to deal more damage.. get it yet??

Those other sandbox games your talking of aren’t comparable because UNLIKE an MOBA or Hell even just Apex Legends works: Aka- Any game where characters are great on their own with their abilities: But when combined with another characters abilities make them even greater.

Name ANY Sandbox survival game that does that..

Then look at smite and it’s cast of 200+ characters that SYNERGIES with one another.

If DST was NOT getting these character reworks that are intentionally aimed at giving single player characters new found multiplayer functionality & abilities… I would NOT be comparing the games characters to SMITE or Apex Legends because it would have continued to be irrelevant.

Archived