Vote: Cookbook should be reworked and made using 1 toasted seed, 1 cooked red cap, and 1 cooked morsel

Cookbook should be made using 1 toasted seed, 1 cooked red cap, and 1 cooked morsel?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Cookbook should be made using 1 toasted seed, 1 cooked red cap, and 1 cooked morsel?

• Yes, I love it!
    • No, does not make sense..
    • No, this will never happen, what is this post?

no the recipe it is now is good and makes good sense in a funny way too see 1 paper and 1 carrot as the pencil is good alsol just because to make it science less is alsol not realy needed like why would you want to make cook book on the early exploring days? not only that you need a machine to make a cookpot to realy use the book for in the first place i mean sure warly i guess but then again its only 1 character and by taht point why not just give him it at the start of the game if its realy needed? and anyways how many special options are there that you cant easy remember on your own in the first place? you only need to take the book if you got a farm ready and other more rare food items so this new crafting recipe is literaly bad and makes no sense in every single way it realy sould stand as it is now alsol to give paper a more use because reeds and paper how much uses it got out side of character special things?

The thing devs are trying to do is make the book available without needing to build a machine. To make papyrus you need a science machine, so they replaced it with something you'll get anyway (seeds) something you have to find (red cap) and something you have to deliberately hunt (morsel) and all cooked so you have more time to get them all by extending their freshness with cooking them.

I think that's the explanation for this change, at least.

10 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Can someone tell me what the recipe for it is right now?

Cause i don't feel like moving to a Beta branch.

Thx in advance.

Currently it is 1 papyrus + 1 carrot.

In the beta branch it is 1 toasted seed + 1 cooked red cap + 1 cooked morsel.

On the assumption that the change is to it make it craftable without a science machine, basically everyone has suggested making it 1 reeds + 1 carrot.

Personally, I think Klei just likes making us burn things. Burn all the things. Burn it to the ground.

2 minutes ago, QuQuasar said:

In the beta branch it is 1 toasted seed + 1 cooked red cap + 1 cooked morsel.

That's a pretty hilarious and random recipe for a cook book lol.

It makes as much sense as making a functional bed from cigarettes and rusty tin cans in Fallout 4 

:wilson_laugh:

A world full of Science, Magic & Forbidden Knowledge.

OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE the games starting label says this… It doesn’t have to make sense.

And from a console players perspective, Pre-Reworked crafting requirements for Cookbook (requiring a feather pencil) not many players on Xbox even knew HOW to obtain a Feather Pencil.

I imagine with more and more characters requiring more and more REEDS in their craftable kit items- Klei wanted to make something as pointless as the cooking book not be one of the items players fight over what they want to spend their limited Reeds/Papyrus crafting.

Lastly: I don’t care if the cookbook doesn’t require learning at a Science Machine first- Because 99.9% of the time you will be joining worlds where someone has ALREADY placed a cooking pot.

I assume this change was made due to actual statistics Klei keeps of how many players actually craft and use the cooking book, and I also assume unaware Xbox players played a significantly large role in those statistics.

When this patch goes live to Xbox- I will report back here with the results of how many players have learned to craft and use it.

24 minutes ago, Gods fiddler said:

my crazy theory: maybe that recipe is a clue to the new puzzle:wilson_ecstatic:

Seed. Red cap. Morsal.

See shroom morse.

The toadstool cap has 8 large dots and 5 small ones. Or possibly 9 large and 4 small, one of them is kinda in-between. I'll assume it's a dash. Working from left to right, that's...

-- .. -- -- . - - .

Which translates to: 

MIMMETTE

Ergo, SPOILER WARNING, the next character will be a distaff counterpart to Wes, 100% confirmed you heard it here first folks.

Who cares about the cookbook honestly i cant remember the last time i opened one myself let alone crafted one. 

Unlike the plant compendium the cookbook does not give u much information like the exact values needed for each dish like 1 meat, 2,5 fruit etc so i never saw a point to it besides filling it out completely as a sort of achievement.

The cookbook doesnt teach u how to cook unlike the plant compendium which does a really good job of giving u all the needed information to farm 

I dont get why the cookbook recipe was changed of all the items and recipes that could actually use some adjustment in a qol update.

24 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Who cares about the cookbook honestly i cant remember the last time i opened one myself let alone crafted one. 

Unlike the plant compendium the cookbook does not give u much information like the exact values needed for each dish like 1 meat, 2,5 fruit etc so i never saw a point to it besides filling it out completely as a sort of achievement.

I didn’t get it either, until I realized you can sort the list by sanity/health gains. This makes it quite valuable when you’ve got a bunch of random ingredients in the salt box and are looking for recovery recipes.

It could certainly use some TLC, though. In-game experimentation simply isn’t a viable way to discover five unique dairy recipes, some of which also need very specific ingredients (like live wobster and naked nostrils) on top of the extremely rare butter/milk. Showing the last-cooked recipes also encourages the newbie who made meatballs with 4 morsels to make meatballs with 4 morsels every time. I much prefer the wiki's "1.5 meat, 1.0 eggs" format.

31 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

What

What is there to not understand?

You cook 3 food items to magically get a book about cooking to appear in your hand.

Does it make sense? No.. but does chasing down Butterflies and catching them in a big net to replant them into the ground to renew flowers make sense either? 

55 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I'd rather it be 1 reed 1 carrot.

I would rather it not be, reeds are becoming more commonly used in character abilities craftables, and if I had to choose between making a cooking book or: Wigfrid Stuff, Wurt Stuff, or Creating the Codex Umbra, or Creating Wicker Stuff, etc.. the cooking book isn’t going to be one of the things on the list I would create.

This wouldn’t be a problem if reeds renewed & couldn’t go fully extinct, but as they stand now they’re a non-renewable resource Unless you just want to go gamble with Tumbleweeds or Catcoon hairballs for god only knows how long that would take.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I would rather it not be, reeds are becoming more commonly used in character abilities craftables, and if I had to choose between making a cooking book or: Wigfrid Stuff, Wurt Stuff, or Creating the Codex Umbra, or Creating Wicker Stuff, etc.. the cooking book isn’t going to be one of the things on the list I would create.

*Uses a single reed to make an infinite durability item that you only ever need one of*

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/807/818/ca4.png

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

Why does the cook book even need to be able to be crafted without a science machine? The crock pot needs a science machine, is the purpose so that people can join a server and speedrun being able to do the "Hmmmm...." animation?

According to the devs, it's meant to clue new players into the existence of the Crock Pot system. And the Food tab in general, I guess.

9 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

According to the devs, it's meant to clue new players into the existence of the Crock Pot system. And the Food tab in general, I guess.

I think a better way to do this would be to just move the crockpot to the top of the crafting list. That way when a new player makes a science machine for the first time, they see that shiny new crafting tab and the first thing they see is a cooking pot. 

Archived