Tell Me Your Loot Ideas!

14 minutes ago, thegreatJash said:

Using it in the caves wouldn't work

Why shouldn't it be able to work in the caves? I understand something like telelocator staves not working because duh lightning can't strike through the surface to the caves, but rain still happens through water seeping through the ceiling.

I like this idea though :-)

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Why shouldn't it be able to work in the caves? I understand something like telelocator staves not working because duh lightning can't strike through the surface to the caves, but rain still happens through water seeping through the ceiling.

I'd give it like a 1 day delay before it reaches the caves. I think it's a great idea. 

Something from Celestial Champion along the lines of "Residue Energy" that, when combined with Shadow Autrium, creates an ingerdient used in creating a crafting station which allows the player to place down structures like boulders, spiky trees, rabbit holes, sea stacks etc.

Would be great for long term, endgame worlds.

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Something from Celestial Champion along the lines of "Residue Energy" that, when combined with Shadow Autrium, creates an ingerdient used in creating a crafting station which allows the player to place down structures like boulders, spiky trees, rabbit holes, sea stacks etc.

Would be great for long term, endgame worlds.

While the crafting idea is not the best, the idea of the crafting station is something I would want for a mod to have in my world.

On 5/17/2021 at 11:41 AM, Cliffford W. said:
On 5/17/2021 at 8:03 AM, Mooagain said:

I just want the living artifact in dst, it's not the most useful but it's certainly one of the most fun items in the game

Sounds like something that could break the game.

It's a one-time use item and incredibly fun and different from any other drop in the game. I think it would totally be appropriate for Celestial Champion drop, or the boss after that, if eventually there is an even deeper Lunar boss.

For people who haven't seen it in action yet. From the Hamlet DLC:

1 hour ago, sinisterrkid said:

It's a one-time use item and incredibly fun and different from any other drop in the game. I think it would totally be appropriate for Celestial Champion drop, or the boss after that, if eventually there is an even deeper Lunar boss.

For people who haven't seen it in action yet. From the Hamlet DLC:

Woaa that's super broken. Moving that fast after just one coffee wow!

2 minutes ago, Masked Koopa said:

I think people are underrating the trident a wee bit, between its fishing capabilities and ability to transplant bull kelp stalks it's actually a pretty nice item.

the trident is cool but you only need to defeat CK for getting the recipe so after getting it you dont need to fight it again unless you want shells and for that i prefer pearl

Honestly, I just want Celestial Champion to allow for lunar crafting stations to make infused glass tools. Gold tools have been the best for who knows how long, and infused glass should replace that, be it shovels, axes, picks and pitchforks. Maybe shovels could dig with little/no animation, maybe pitchforks could be a 3x3 area, maybe hoes could till an entire tile at once... just make infused glass USEFUL.

I kind of want to see bosses with drops of value.. I don’t just mean a thing that makes staying alive easier, I’m talking Without this item you can’t progress any further.

Kinda like CK and CC..

Im not a fan of fighting a boss for cosmetic items or things that take away from the survival aspects of the game.. kinda boring TBH..

But what I would LOVE to see is like say for example you need to kill Dragonfly for Scalemail armor which protects against fire hazards, and you would NEED this Scaled Armor to explore a distant island of Fire and Lava and extreme heat.. without the Armor you will die.

Aka Hamlets poisoned biomes and gas masks all over again.

My ideas for new drops for Crab King depending on his gems inserted:

Pure red gems: Blueprint for Scorching Trident. Which on use sumons 5 pillars of fire around the selected area. The pilars does 50 damage and put mobs on fire. 10 uses

Pure blue gems: Blueprint for Sheer Cold Trident. Which on use summons a single stalagmite of ice. The stalagmite does 100 damage on summon and stays around for a minute, during this time it radiates a freezing aura. 10 uses

Pure purple gems: Blueprint for Shadow Trident. Which on use summons 5 shadow creatures of various types. They are hostile to every other creature, but will only last for an ingame day, if not defeated by normal means. 15 uses

Pure green gems: Blueprint for Bastion Trident. Which on use you can select between 2 points that are no further than 5 tiles lenght. Between these 2 points a row of boulders will rise from the ground. Normal mechanics to these boulders apply, they are placed just close enough that nothing can pass between them without breaking them first. 15 uses

Pure yellow gems: Blueprint for Decoy Trident. Which on use summons a small light that moves erratically but slowly around the pint where it was summoned. Mobs are attracted to this light and will try to attack it, effectivelly drawing agro away from the player. This light only has about 200 hp and will disappear if it goes to 0 or a minute passes, whichever comes first. 10 uses

Pure orange gems: Blueprint for Lazy Trident. Which on use summons a floating trident that attacks each 2 seconds, this trident deals the same amount of damage as a normal trident (not affected by damage modifiers on the player). Single use

Pure iridiscent gems: Blueprint for Prestige Trident. On equip the Trident will glow red, blue, purple, green, yellow or orange, depending on its color, it will adopt the power of their respective counterpart, red for the Schorching Trident, blue for the Sheer Cold Trident and so on. On use, it will active the power and switch to another color. You can cycle these effects unequiping the Prestige Trident for about 5 seconds. Infinite uses

4 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

I think people are underrating the trident a wee bit, between its fishing capabilities and ability to transplant bull kelp stalks it's actually a pretty nice item.

You can also use it to break sea stacks from far away. It's pretty cool, but I'd still rate it below the drops of most other bosses.

I am a huge fan of whips and numerous interactions with enemies they provide. Unfortunately both whips deal pathetic 27 damage and with slower animation you end up dealing less than axe damage.

I wish celestial champ would upgrade moon seed for new selectial crafts including unbreakable whip that deals dark sword or at least fresh hambat damage and is made out of crown bits. 

I would love for them to port Pugalisk to DST with a caveworm reskin. Make that Caveworm boss drop a planteable huge glowberry that makes for an alternative infinite light version. Maybe with a smaller radius than a glowcap but bigger than Astral Detector. 

You know, I always like having a lot of different ways to achieve the same goal.

38 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

I am a huge fan of whips and numerous interactions with enemies they provide. Unfortunately both whips deal pathetic 27 damage and with slower animation you end up dealing less than axe damage.

I wish celestial champ would upgrade moon seed for new selectial crafts including unbreakable whip that deals dark sword or at least fresh hambat damage and is made out of crown bits. 

I like the whip idea, they have a lot of potential, I'd definitely have it's damage lower than dark sword, I think both would still be great options (spanking bee queen without stepping on the obnoxious honey would probably be my personal favourite!). My question is would it be refuelable, have infinite durability, or have finite durability? 

RotBox: 

-Could be crafted by using Shroom Skin on icebox. It makes non-fungus things that inside of it spoil %50 faster (half the spoil time.) and %75 faster when wet.

-All types of mushrooms will last twice longer in it. Even much longer when wet.

-Could be turned into old icebox with razor with %50 chance to get shroom skin back.

image.png.f6137dab77451bb87c6fbd505a803483.png

4 minutes ago, Slagger said:

RotBox: Could be crafted by using shroom Skin on icebox. It makes things that inside of it spoil %50 faster (half the spoil time.) and %75 faster when wet.

image.png.f6137dab77451bb87c6fbd505a803483.png

well it would be quite useless beyond day 100

and i imagine alot of "accidents" would be likely to happen

10 minutes ago, Well-met said:

well it would be quite useless beyond day 100

It's really annoying to waiting for rot. Also forgot to add few thing, just check it.

10 minutes ago, Well-met said:

and i imagine alot of "accidents" would be likely to happen

Could turn back by razor if you think player will turn iceboxes into rot ones.

On 5/18/2021 at 7:32 PM, maquinarara1 said:

Pure iridiscent gems: Blueprint for Prestige Trident. On equip the Trident will glow red, blue, purple, green, yellow or orange, depending on its color, it will adopt the power of their respective counterpart, red for the Schorching Trident, blue for the Sheer Cold Trident and so on. On use, it will active the power and switch to another color. You can cycle these effects unequiping the Prestige Trident for about 5 seconds. Infinite uses

the others were a very original and interesting concept but im sure a pure iridescent crab king is impossible unless you use like 6 stacks of gunpowder

also what would happen if you mix the gems

Archived