What is your favorite biome to base?

Base  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite base biome/location?

• Pig King
    • Oasis Desert
    • Dragonfly Desert
    • Florid Postern
    • Savanna
    • Swamp
    • Mandrake Forest
    • Moonstone Forest
    • Mosaic
    • Bee Queen
    • Depends on the world
    • Closest to the lunar island
    • Other

50 minutes ago, hkhm said:

The Ruins. If I bother to base at all, it is in the Ruins. I love the glowing floor tiles.

Ruins should definitely be an option. There is usually an area in Wild that just has a ton of lichen, also super fast access to light bulbs is convenient. The problem with ruins is typically the distance from some of the key POIs and bosses though.

Krampi farm base in DF desert. Or general-purpose base on Pearl Island. Or Labyrinth's entrance base for peaceful Ruins riding and reclusive universal camping. These mostly on dedicated and moderated servers.

On personal servers usually my main base is in Cave Swamp. Plus some micro-camps over map in key locations (Oasis, DF, Ruins).

Right now, I like to base in the atrium, but only if the map has a good dead-end long alleyway area free of spiders, which I build lureplants, stonefruit, and pigs in the dead-end, then light everything up with lightbugs. But the alleyway has to be relatively close to the fuelweaver area, because insanity walls are annoying to cross.

2 hours ago, WebberMain said:

I love being close to bees,honey ham,souls as wortox for free,sanity gain etc. Its a good place really

I love to make 6 or so beeboxes and force my friend who's a Wendy main to join and oh boy I never run out of souls that way :wilson_flower:

It depends on the world. But usually middle of the world. I need to be near everything as possible. Swamp is important to me, fishes, spiders, webs and glands and tentacle weapons. I can get rid of dogs also. Second i like raccoons :D i like to base near a raccoon den. I make a garden, plant flowers for them. Some maps are really good. All biomes together and near each other. And finally, i like to be near water. 

I think the savanna biome is the best location to megabase in because it has the least number of intrusive mobs or objects. Only beefalo who can be moved with horns. Oasis biome has cactus you need to burn if you want to place something there. Dragonfly biome is same but worth it if you have wildfires off (or else tumbelweeds burn). Deciduous has moles , catcoons, klaus spawns.

Places near florid postern, bee queen are great if they are centrally located.  

Honorable mention for moonstone forest with a mooncaller plugged in and scaled furnaces around for neither heat nor cold. Good luck clearing all the regrowth though. 

51 minutes ago, JWalker1311 said:

Honorable mention for moonstone forest with a mooncaller plugged in and scaled furnaces around for neither heat nor cold. Good luck clearing all the regrowth though. 

If I understood Jazzy's recaps correctly, you can counter that by placing walls every 3 tiles

Archived