Name a mod you use , that you wish to see built into DST.

1 hour ago, 1moregame said:

Is this a console issue?  Because on Steam you can map force attack to the same key as attack.  I often do this, but it can cause issues with walls and neutral mobs like pigs and bunnymen.  

I use a MacBook, mapping it to the same key does nothing, and mapping it as a combination inconsistently works, I usually need to mash them and eventually it will work. The mod I found switches force attack and normal attack inputs.

13 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

I use a MacBook, mapping it to the same key does nothing, and mapping it as a combination inconsistently works, I usually need to mash them and eventually it will work. The mod I found switches force attack and normal attack inputs.

I also use a Mac and have never had a problem. I map attack and force attack modifier in settings to the space bar and the action to F. 

image.thumb.png.0027fdf6a8cad5fb76d62d4421b96aa9.png

this mod more or less gets in the game thanks to a crown

image.thumb.png.329ac1b0ae2ab712046b3d8efe4f2d07.png

probably never but it is fun to play and is actualy a better dontstarve pvp then normal dontstarve pvp

image.thumb.png.1e0c2351f8d8b3984fdbee99f7bfdb55.png

dont know why this picture is so weird white but yes anyways this sould be default

image.thumb.png.38de36cffddc70af84e20f8bfaa8ac8a.png

or any of those hp show mods realy like that way i can see how long it needs

so yes those would be cool if in the game

7 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Dusk and Night music. It fits so well.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=416991215

Hayell yeah.  I've been using that one for years.  In the seasons with long dusks/nights, a BIG chunk of the day is just silent (with sound effects).

I'd like...Cherry Forest!  Now hear me out--Cherry Forest IF it comes with the configuration options it has now.  Where you can choose how big the biome is, how big the trees are, whether the Cherrylings show up or not, whether it's easy to get to on the mainland or has its own island...

Also, if not the added veggies (although I do think it'd be nice to have something other than just carrots that grows in the ground on its own) the actual pickling mechanics of "Pickle It!"  Old-fashioned food preservation:  Why should meat get all the fun?

On a related note, "Advanced Drying".  I'd want _one_ of the above, mind you, not both at once.

For those who want everything hardcore, "Thirst" with a hard-to-miss way to turn it off in the settings.  This one would be changeable after worldgen, and I'm thinking of the original simpler version here, not the new one with the streams and the chai plants, etc.

And for those who want things the OPPOSITE way of Combined Status and Season Clock, the "Actual Season Randomizer".

I'd also put in a vote for the Ginourmous Trees ones ("Big Birchnuts Together" and "Evergreens 2gether") but I KNOW not everyone's gonna want to put up with that. _I_ do because towering, intimidating trees add a lot of atmosphere, but it _does_ block your vision quite badly sometimes.  (Try walking behind a giant birch tree in any season besides winter.  Suddenly your whole screen is LEAF!!!!)

To sum up:  I guess I want environment/plant-related mods, pretty much.  :)

...Notorious

I’m on Xbox and don’t have mods but I can name the top few I’d like to see in DST officially.

#1 Global Pause Button

#2 Island Adventures Mod (Aka SW/Hamlet stuff) 

#3 Play as Critters mod I mean.. it would be fun to play as a non-human/humanlike creature.. maybe I can be a catcoon doing Catcoon stuff.

#4 Re-gorgitated & Re-Forged

#5 Cherry Forest Mod

Basically- Anything that adds more biomes, mobs & game content or- new ways of playing with already existing content.

1. I almost can't believe that pausing is still not implemented. The mod I've been using is quite buggy and doesn't seem to work anymore. I'm sure the developer had to go through hoops to find out how to implement this with just a mod. I'm pretty sure that quite a large chunk of the playerbase plays either solo or with friends, so pausing is a key utility there, especially since DST sessions tend to be long (1h+) and people should pause games every 45 minutes or so at least. Down the line a vote feature could be implemented for public servers.

2. Object placement, tilling and similar are extremely tedius and error prone. The geometric placement mod helps, but is still insufficient from a UX perspective. DST could provide an improved version here.

3. There are a ton of crock pot recipes and several of them are only occasionally made. It feels really bad having to look them up when you forget how exactly they were made. The cookbook apparently forgets anything that is older than the 6 last recipes and doesn't retain them over the course of several server sessions, which makes it nearly unusable. A player who has made all the recipes at some point in time should not have to tab out to check a wiki or a spreadsheet. This is why I use the crockpot mod.

2 hours ago, clickrush said:

The cookbook apparently forgets anything that is older than the 6 last recipes and doesn't retain them over the course of several server sessions, which makes it nearly unusable. A player who has made all the recipes at some point in time should not have to tab out to check a wiki or a spreadsheet. This is why I use the crockpot mod.

well it seems you got some wrong informations in there the cookbook has saves all made things in there it only saves 6 differend combination for 1 food but you can still have all differend things in there even in differend servers so it is saved even between differend games

6 hours ago, SolDayClash said:

Emote Wheel

Whoa wait what..? We already have one.

Other mods I’d like to see-

Haunted Houses Mod, Screecher Mod, And some weird one @CaptainChaotica showed me ages ago where you could actually play in some under water biome like your part of the Snorkels Cartoon series.

Pause mod

Emote Wheel

Menu pack

mod in menu api

To be honest, I'm not very comfortable with Geometric placement built into dst, it interacts with ships a little bit badly, and the interface is not clean enough. An improved and simplified alignment feature might be better.

2 hours ago, Cassielu said:

Pause mod

Emote Wheel

Menu pack

mod in menu api

To be honest, I'm not very comfortable with Geometric placement built into dst, it interacts with ships a little bit badly, and the interface is not clean enough. An improved and simplified alignment feature might be better.

What does the Menu Pack mod do?

3 hours ago, AllFunNGamez said:

What does the Menu Pack mod do?

allows you to customize the over-all look on the menu. For e.g you can play DST but have a Shipwrecked menu + theme play instead. Uses assets from both sequel, previous DST events and other Klei-related games. Would be pretty nice to be able to do that

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

And some weird one @CaptainChaotica showed me ages ago where you could actually play in some under water biome like your part of the Snorkels Cartoon series.

Oh yeah, that's "Creeps in the Deeps". 

wigfridunderthewaves.png.13e322e13b704105f1f4a0699d32eb96.png

Apparently there is a multiplayer version as well and it was last updated January 26th this year, but I don't know if it's still working NOW...

...Notorious

Archived