The Enlightened Crown should be crafted

One of the most important functions of Enlightened Crown is to provide a permanent lighting material. The Enlightened Crown should be crafted because the The process of getting it is TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cumbersome!

Enlightened Crown Shards are so expensive that we need to complete more than a dozen challenges to finally get it.

First you should get the Pearl's Pearl.This means you need to complete the following

Spoiler

At level 10, if the Hermit Home is fully upgraded, Pearl gives the Pearl's Pearl.

Spoiler

206?cb=20200810114929

Ok, now you get the ticket to challenge the boss Crab King. But hold on! Are you playing this game alone? Forget it, it is impossible for one person to defeat Crab King with Pearl's Pearl unless you use bugs or cheat.

I finally found a some partners, and together~ we defeated  Crab King with Pearl's Pearl. Inactive Celestial Tribute! We get it!

Spoiler

Celestial Tribute

But now is not the time to be happy. All this work has just begun.  Remember Enlightened Crown Shard? Now you get a lot work to do.

To find these Celestial Altar Base and move them to a Celestial Fissure

• Celestial Altar
Spoiler

Celestial_Altar.png.c32aee15b4eb08a19d4df853206c8ed9.png

• Fountain of Knowledge
Spoiler

Fountain_of_Knowledge.thumb.png.11129d372dccb4f85c95ba8a1079439a.png

Now you should find the Fountain of Knowledge underground. How get the Blueprint Astral Detector? It can be unlocked after solving the Archive Orchestrina puzzle to grant to all present players one Blueprint.

You want to start Archive Orchestrina?  Fine, go to find a Iridescent Gem and start the Archive Switch! Wait, where is the Iridescent Gem? Go up ground to fix the moonbase!! I know you are already get one more Star Caller's Staffs. It's very easy for you to use a Deconstruction Staff on the Moon Caller's Staff.

Spoiler

1352064234_Star_Caller27s_Staff.png.8acdeb97161ac7ba342feb54f95eff3c.png1396957777_Moon_Caller27s_Staff.png.a8d79bbcc74a1a7b958a5dbc624d1cba.pngDeconstruction_Staff.png.bb10b938731cd0f643f921e3f61e56e3.pngIridescent_Gem.png.04ecbde8dd451bdc12852474bb72049a.png

• Archive Orchestrina puzzle
Spoiler

Archive_Orchestrina.png.579bd1075d2b41c7991af9e8fb542093.png

• Astral Detector
Spoiler

Astral_Detector_Build.png.7fd93edc0a5d395c1b71e752b5631390.png

Use the Astral Detector to find Celestial Sanctum and bring them to other Keys of Celestial Champion.

Is every things are ready? Fine. Now it already past about 300~500 days in game.

And here is the question, Moonstorm can happen anywhere, including your base.

The Incomplete Experiment blueprint will be given to players by Wagstaff upon entering a Moonstorm for the first time, along with the blueprint for the Astroggles.

Spoiler

The Incomplete Experiment serves as the base of the Lunar Siphonator and can only be built over the Mysterious Energy spawned by assembling the Celestial Altar, Celestial Sanctum and Celestial Tribute nearby to one another.

Similar to the Hermit Home, it is crafted in stages by adding materials to the existing structure:

Stage 2 requires one Restrained Static, ten Moongleams, and ten Infused Moon Shards.

Stage 3 requires one Restrained Static, twenty Infused Moon Shards, and the Celestial Orb.

Immediately after the completion of Stage 3, meteors will crash down around the structure, which will destroy it and spawn the Celestial Champion.

ALL THOSE ARE DONE. we finally had the Boss Fight! What is the ultimate loot that?

5 Enlightened Crown Shards. Enlightened_Crown_Shard.png.5108614a0790de7757902eab5b2f51c1.png

EXM? Where is the Rare Blueprint of Enlightened Crown? After about 400~600 daytime in game, I do not deserve to craft it? The way to unlock it for the first time is so complicated and lengthy, I don't want to repeat any of the above steps. I just want to get extra loot through the staff after I clear the level once.

Here is my request: The Enlightened Crown should be crafted.

And these days I have been discussing the update of RoT with my  partners who has 3000+ DST-time just like me. They all agree with me about that. If you need, I can give you a signed list.

We don’t need you to use any means to increase our game duration. Please do not use this method of limiting rewards to increase player time.

According to the devs, the reason they didn’t want the crown to be duplicated is because it would basically mean you need to kill the boss once and everyone Ever gets an enlightened crown on the server if you have a few green gems to spare. While I do understand this notation, I also won’t lie and say grinding 5 shards per kill is really, really, really slow how it is now.

Main issue is because of starting up the fight, and not the fight itself. Every single time you want to do the boss, you need 3 statics, 15 moongleams, and 30 charged moonglass. What this translates to is:

• Sitting in the moonstorm waiting for the moonglass/gleams to spawn. If I’m lucky, I can get it done within 1.5 days, but considering that’s the only thing I do during this storm, I don’t find this particularly engaging.
  • Doing the Wagstaff event 3 times to get the statics. This wouldn’t be too bad if it was the first time, but for subsequent times it gets incredibly boring/frustrating to hope for the storm to spawn in a location without significant consequence and then pray Wagstaff doesn’t lead you to said significant consequence. You then have to defend the static, which on solo is a nightmare due to the huge amount of birds that spawn, unless you play Wendy. Even with the best possible circumstances, I usually only net 1-2 statics per day.

Personally, I don’t find this fun to constantly grind the event every time you want 5 shards. For bulk grinds it’s a little better, but you practically need to dedicate 4-5 hours nonstop to get enough materials to fight the boss 6-8 times (depending on where the storm spawned).

I really think that if they don’t want you to dupe the crown (which is fair, IMO), they should really allow you to redo the event without as much of a setup cost. If the cost was reduced to ~10 moongleams, 10-15 charged moonglass, and 1 static for repeat kills, I personally would be okay with doing the boss. It’s just the storm itself that slows everything down, which I don’t really enjoy.

I like the reduced setup cost suggestion.

Also there was a previous suggestion that the Enlightened Crown could be deconstructed for 5 crown shards + 1 enlightened core, and only by repairing the Enlightened Core with 5 crown shards could you "craft" the Enlightened Crown, so this would make a construction ammy not work.

You don't have to do everything in that list to get Pearl's Pearl. I for one have not done any of the fishing tasks.

You can solo crab king without cheating. Unless using a strategy counts as cheating.

You can absolutely do all of these things in less time than 300-500 days. In my current world (in the main game, not in beta) I think I summoned the mysterious energy after 200 or so days, but I wasn't really rushing it either.

Some of the things you described in great detail, like the whole archives part, doesn't actually take much time. Having to do the moonstone event does require some preparation, I'll give you that.

I'll also give you that all of this definitely takes more time if you struggle with other aspects in the game, and I do speak as someone who's been playing this game quite a lot already. But you're talking about farming crowns, so you want to make a lot of lights, you are experienced at fighting Toadstool, I don't think you are a newbie either.

And you also need to consider that the prize is not just 5 shards, it's also (if you choose to keep it) the enlightened crown, which is a super useful object. Whichever form you pick, I think they are items worth fighting for.

Also, you know, it's about the journey you take there. I enjoyed the quest to get there. I understand though that some people don't. (I haven't done the moonstorm event yet, obviously, but I'm looking forward to it.)

44 minutes ago, Aeglefire said:

I like the reduced setup cost suggestion.

Also there was a previous suggestion that the Enlightened Crown could be deconstructed for 5 crown shards + 1 enlightened core, and only by repairing the Enlightened Core with 5 crown shards could you "craft" the Enlightened Crown, so this would make a construction ammy not work.

but then youd just start stockpiling the core if you use the shards

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

They don't want dupe starts for the crown. That's why they got rid of it being craftable.

Also gives a reason to fight the boss more than once. 

It may encourage the boss to kill multiple times but when we make a megabase and we will use glowcaps in many places, we need one shard for each glowcap and when we kill the boss we get five. If we want a bright base that will mean that we kill bosses dozens of times, and this repeadetly boss fighting will make the game more boring. If there is no addition to the boss loot, nobody will enjoy killing after the first kill, and even many players will kill Klaus a lot for festive lights by not dealing with this boss. The dupe mechanic is not a mechanic that I like, yes, but you will have a player who has reached that level in the world and you will wait for him to play the game with pleasure, personally I don't think so.
I'm sorry if there is something that is not understood or misunderstood in my sentences.

1 minute ago, MrDo said:

It may encourage the boss to kill multiple times but when we make a megabase and we will use glowcaps in many places, we need one shard for each glowcap and when we kill the boss we get five. If we want a bright base that will mean that we kill bosses dozens of times, and this repeadetly boss fighting will make the game more boring. If there is no addition to the boss loot, nobody will enjoy killing after the first kill, and even many players will kill Klaus a lot for festive lights by not dealing with this boss. The dupe mechanic is not a mechanic that I like, yes, but you will have a player who has reached that level in the world and you will wait for him to play the game with pleasure, personally I don't think so.

Nah, I totally get what you're saying. I'm not saying no to more loot where I'd personally would kill it more than once for more than just something that's base decor (though the hat can provide lots of damage in the right circumstances).

I'm just saying the reason why it's not craftable. They released an update where you could craft and dupe the crowns but then got rid of it the next patch cause they forgot dupe strats were a thing :>

53 minutes ago, Roodmas said:

You don't have to do everything in that list to get Pearl's Pearl. I for one have not done any of the fishing tasks.

You can solo crab king without cheating. Unless using a strategy counts as cheating.

You can absolutely do all of these things in less time than 300-500 days. In my current world (in the main game, not in beta) I think I summoned the mysterious energy after 200 or so days, but I wasn't really rushing it either.

Some of the things you described in great detail, like the whole archives part, doesn't actually take much time. Having to do the moonstone event does require some preparation, I'll give you that.

I'll also give you that all of this definitely takes more time if you struggle with other aspects in the game, and I do speak as someone who's been playing this game quite a lot already. But you're talking about farming crowns, so you want to make a lot of lights, you are experienced at fighting Toadstool, I don't think you are a newbie either.

And you also need to consider that the prize is not just 5 shards, it's also (if you choose to keep it) the enlightened crown, which is a super useful object. Whichever form you pick, I think they are items worth fighting for.

Also, you know, it's about the journey you take there. I enjoyed the quest to get there. I understand though that some people don't. (I haven't done the moonstorm event yet, obviously, but I'm looking forward to it.)

I like the Boss fight. But I hate tedious preparations for Boss fight.  Especially the storm of the moon. I can complete these things alone in 200 days. But that makes the game boring, because it is too subjective.

Beating Crab King with Pearl is a very boring process. My friends hold the same view as me. If I have beaten Ultimate BOSS, then it proves that I can beat him again. But why use rewards to push me to do this? I just want to use the loots to build my base with peace of mind after all fights.

16 minutes ago, MrDo said:

I'm sorry if there is something that is not understood or misunderstood in my sentences.

Deconstruction Staff. They are not cheap for lighting material. Others who use Enlightened Crown means he get help from others, not means without do nothing.

1 hour ago, lakhnish said:

Nah, I totally get what you're saying. I'm not saying no to more loot where I'd personally would kill it more than once for more than just something that's base decor (though the hat can provide lots of damage in the right circumstances).

I'm just saying the reason why it's not craftable. They released an update where you could craft and dupe the crowns but then got rid of it the next patch cause they forgot dupe strats were a thing :>

After the craft is removed, I hope it will not be added again, but I think more new things will be added, it looks like this from my point of view. We'll see when it comes out of beta. For now, there seems to be no way other than killing a few times for the shard, maybe a few shards will drop after killing him as a small gift with the crown. What I expect is not these small details, of course, this is what I expect: This boss must have somehow got to do with the Sealed Portal.

Instead of running the risk of duping the crowns via crafting with green gems then why not let us create a device that allows us to interchange the shards when we want; with the blueprints being dropped by either Wagstaff or the Champion itself

Here's an example of what it would look like/ operate like:

1004144537_DSTIdea-crown.thumb.png.d66df334bd26737515c70401d74dd4bd.png

I know it's a bit rough on the eyes, but I got the concept from the Telelocator Focus of which you also have to socket gems in.

3 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I have been saying we should be able to craft crown shards from the shards that drop from moon storms. What are they called? Charged moon shards?

Have the blueprint drop from the champion.

they glow and has 0 uses outside of spawning the boss, what you say should be a thing

it will also make useful repeating the moon storm even

14 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I have been saying we should be able to craft crown shards from the shards that drop from moon storms. What are they called? Charged moon shards?

Have the blueprint drop from the champion.

14 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

they glow and has 0 uses outside of spawning the boss, what you say should be a thing

it will also make useful repeating the moon storm even

Absolutely agreed, I find it kind of saddening that the Moon storms only real use is for the boss fight itself, you can't actually do anything else with the charged moon shards and moon gleams which is just saddening in my opinion. I think it'd be cool to see mechanics for new tools/items similar to the obsidian tools where you charge it up over time when used, perhaps crafted with charged moon shards!

A first good step though would be allowing the shards to be crafted with charged moon shards, I would love to see that

5 hours ago, Roodmas said:

Yeah people REALLY exaggerate how difficult Pearl's quest is. The meat of Pearl's tasks is really just repairing the house, fishing is optional and the rest of the tasks are either super easy or just happen accidentally... I can't even recall doing most of them in my world.

What about to make enlighted shard could be craftable after celestial orb upgrade (by killing the champion)?

The crown should not be craftable directly, or the boss would only need 1 time kill.

But the shard could be.

And for other thing, what about to add a new drop from the champion - an armor, a cloak, or whatever what it called?

As an armor just like bone armor, give the wearer 6 slots space. When a slot saved a charged moon shard, the armor gives eternal fresh-keeping and 90% dmg reduce, by costing the shard's freshness.

The only problem is, the moon storm is not a good weather for players, soaking into it and finding a charged shard is boring for us. Especially when the storm come to our base, it would makes much trouble. So Im not sure is the idea rely on charged shards is good or not.

6 hours ago, DST_LSJ said:

But why use rewards to push me to do this? I just want to use the loots to build my base with peace of mind after all fights.

I see what you're saying, but that applies to pretty much every boss in the game. We only get one Deerclops eyeball a year, so we have to fight him over and over again to get everyone an eyebrella. You only get one crown per Bee Queen, 3 shroom skins per Toadstool, and so on (yes you can duplicate those, but still). In the end, that is just the nature of this game, you have to do some of these things repeatedly if you want to make bigger builds or supply more players with loot items.

15 minutes ago, Roodmas said:

I see what you're saying, but that applies to pretty much every boss in the game. We only get one Deerclops eyeball a year, so we have to fight him over and over again to get everyone an eyebrella. You only get one crown per Bee Queen, 3 shroom skins per Toadstool, and so on (yes you can duplicate those, but still). In the end, that is just the nature of this game, you have to do some of these things repeatedly if you want to make bigger builds or supply more players with loot items.

Moon storm is sotroublesome.  I don't mind defeating the boss again. But it’s boring to complete the preparations in the moon storm.

Reduced cost for repeated CC fights. That's the best suggestion I've heard so far. Still forces you to repeat the fight but simplifies the preparation.

I like the idea for infused glass having a use outside of constructing the siphonator but a blueprint for shards would remove a lot of incentive to repeat the fight (unless you really, really like moonglass).

Archived