Return of Them Beta: Eye of the Storm Update

38 minutes ago, The batting bat said:

opinion in this boss which i find way too true to be just my personal opinion

If your opinion is so true then why does it seem like you're the only one on these forums who holds it?

It's almost like most people don't agree with you and actually enjoy the design of the boss, but what do I know?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, The batting bat said:

a ball with floating crap in terms of design

I find this boss' design somewhat interesting. It reminds me of butterflies and how they undergo a few stages before they turn from an ugly grub into a wonderful insect.
And as to why it's a mess made out of rocks and altars - it probably has to do with lunar creatures' inability to physically manifest themselves on the Constant's landscape unlike shadows. Alter guardian is, after all, just a stronger gestalt in terms of its "ethereal" form.
It's also a different kind of "scary" unlike most bosses, since it doesn't have any distinct features, and being purely an alien entity not just when it comes to its origins, but also its looks.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 2

18 minutes ago, Charesque said:

- it probably has to do with lunar creatures' inability to physically manifest themselves on the Constant's landscape unlike shadows.

Kind of like a antithesis to the Thulians being insect/anthropod type creatures. 

Beings of light that want mass but don't have the capabilities of doing so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The batting bat said:

it's an offense for klaus to be compared to a ball with floating crap in terms of design, which will be the next boss? a cube?! like just a cube that floats around and make magical crap to attack us?! like if it were the most creative design possible for a boss, way better animated than the magnifying beasts this game had as giants, which the fact of being idiot puns of animals names make them funny and comic aswell, but making a boss design that lame goes from funny and comic to lame and insulting, i hope this is the last time i gonna have to talk about my opinion in this boss which i find way too true to be just my personal opinion

image.png.ea12e20ac7d8ee3a4b4ef60563087a8c.png

here you go i made this disign just for you but i dont know it this disign is good i mean it seems your the one that knows best about disigns and all

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SkepticnotCynic said:

I don't think the characterization of this new boss as not 'way better animated' than the giants or as a 'ball' is accurate. For one, you may have missed the 2nd and 3rd phases aren't just spheres. And if you want, we can make a thread on silly ways of describing all the bosses of dst, starting with your example of klaus as 'angry santa' and fw as 'sentient skeleton', or the ancient guardian as 'rhino but round'. 

Also I think we'd all be more open to taking your views more seriously if you wouldn't word your response as angrily, shouting insults and saying that your opinion is 'too true to just be your personal opinion'. And repeating over and over again that you don't like the boss isn't constructive criticism. 

lol i said that in my opinion it's not even an opinion anymore just a fact this still makes it my opinion lololol
THIS IS THE 18274314712TH COMMENT I MAKE ABOUT THIS FORGET IT THEN the boss design isn't lame at all it's just very sussy ngl because it reminds amogus specially the 2nd phase, i still think the boss design is extremelly lame comparing to other designs in the game but it's something imma keep for myself then, at least it reminds amogus and the celestial powers, attacks, the battle itself and sound effects are cool besides the last phase looking like a torch mixed with the celestial altar dropped from crab king amog us sus sus

16 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

image.png.ea12e20ac7d8ee3a4b4ef60563087a8c.png

here you go i made this disign just for you but i dont know it this disign is good i mean it seems your the one that knows best about disigns and all

yo what he doin with the 3 phases of the celestial champion?

1 hour ago, Najaf said:

Do you guys think Wagstaff gonna be playable or just a npc?

just a npc, i like that they made wagstaff rick from rick & morty really epic anime i can't wait for picklestaff

18 minutes ago, The batting bat said:

lol i said that in my opinion it's not even an opinion anymore just a fact this still makes it my opinion lololol
THIS IS THE 18274314712TH COMMENT I MAKE ABOUT THIS FORGET IT THEN the boss design isn't lame at all it's just very sussy ngl because it reminds amogus specially the 2nd phase, i still think the boss design is extremelly lame comparing to other designs in the game but it's something imma keep for myself then, at least it reminds amogus and the celestial powers, attacks, the battle itself and sound effects are cool besides the last phase looking like a torch mixed with the celestial altar dropped from crab king amog us sus sus

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Health 1
  • Potato Cup 2

4 hours ago, Mantas said:

Who is this? And why's the little pink squish ball so loud? I could pet him, but I feel like he would bite.

biting would be the least of your problems
(i posted funni fish accidentally lol)

funni phisch.png

Edited by The batting bat

1 hour ago, Erineyes7 said:

Okay, everything here is really cool, but will the boss have custom music? I don't find the current one very fitting...

im sure they wont use the normal seasonal boss musik im sure its just some place holder

• Like 4

I kinda have mixed feelings about the Celestial Champion's design. Out of context I really like the design, it looks cool and creative and the animations are smooth. In lore context however, I'm a bit sceptical, because I feel like its design just doesn't make it up to the importance this boss probably has. Personally I would have rather expected a lunar boss to be more pure bright energy with a somewhat organic shape and more focus on its psychic or metamorphic abilities, than, well, rocks. To me, it kind of looks like a flashy robot made from rocks with oddly cute animations (honestly, the spin or roll attack makes me think this thing should have goggly eyes and say "wheee!"). I hope this boss ends up being more of a sentinel similar to the Ancient Guardian, but not the counterpart to the Fuelweaver, cause than it would be a little lame, considering its mechanical shape, underwhelming interaction with Gestalts (compared to the Fuelweaver's shadow summons) and lack of any form of dialogue.

Edited by Falkenpelz

50 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

I kinda have mixed feelings about the Celestial Champion's design. Out of context I really like the design, it looks cool and creative and the animations are smooth. In lore context however, I'm a bit sceptical, because I feel like its design just doesn't make it up to the importance this boss probably has. Personally I would have rather expected a lunar boss to be more pure bright energy with a somewhat organic shape and more focus on its psychic or metamorphic abilities, than, well, rocks. To me, it kind of looks like a flashy robot made from rocks with oddly cute animations (honestly, the spin or roll attack makes me think this thing should have goggly eyes and say "wheee!"). I hope this boss ends up being more of a sentinel similar to the Ancient Guardian, but not the counterpart to the Fuelweaver, cause than it would be a little lame, considering its mechanical shape, underwhelming interaction with Gestalts (compared to the Fuelweaver's shadow summons) and lack of any form of dialogue.

he is literaly an energy ball using the altars as body and weapons and he isnt the fw counterpart so i dont see the point of comparing them every time

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

he is literaly an energy ball using the altars as body and weapons and he isnt the fw counterpart so i dont see the point of comparing them every time

I mean, fossils are rocks which may or may not contain organic matter. So both the Fuelweaver and the Champion are essentially rock golems powered by forbidden magic. :P

On 4/19/2021 at 6:49 AM, Najaf said:

Do you guys think Wagstaff gonna be playable or just a npc?

wouldnt make sense to be wagstaff and to see yourself as an npc but ehh it could happen but i don't think it will the new character if its from the dlc's it'll either be wilbur or wilba i think

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

My bad then, I wasn't completely sure about the comparison with Fw, I just read a lot of people comparing them. Don't get me wrong, I'm super exited for the update, the CCs design is just far from what I might have expected and I was curious, what other people think about that.

On another note, if the theory of Wagstaff only ever showing up in the Constant (including DS) as a hologram gets confirmed, then where the heck is he really? I mean, he vanished through the same portal that took Winona to the Constant, so shouldn't he at least have been there at some point?

Edited by Falkenpelz

1 hour ago, Falkenpelz said:

My bad then, I wasn't completely sure about the comparison with Fw, I just read a lot of people comparing them. Don't get me wrong, I'm super exited for the update, the CCs design is just far from what I might have expected and I was curious, what other people think about that.

On another note, if the theory of Wagstaff only ever showing up in the Constant (including DS) as a hologram gets confirmed, then where the heck is he really? I mean, he vanished through the same portal that took Winona to the Constant, so shouldn't he at least have been there at some point?

Trapped in the portal in the archives, that's why he's looking to harness energy. So he can free himself

Maybe

6 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

A lot of people is comparing moon energy and shadow energy like to opposite forces when they could simply be 2 different energies from so different sources without any relationship outside of the ancients worshiping them

People think that moon energy is against shadow energy just because glass tools (GLASS) last longer against shadows or because in the grotto gestals and shadows fights (and you if you wear shadow items) but they might be just territorial and confuse you for wearing it because in the moon you are safe using nighmere fuel stuff

I trally hope that klei doesnt fall into the "oppiste forces" cliché 

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

Klei please please please make it so the second phase's spinning doesn't change direction! My request is, yes, purely aesthetic. I adore the design of Celestial Champion, but I just really want that rotation not to change direction just because I moved from one side to the other or rotated the camera.

Please Klei I will be eternally grateful

guys i changed my mind the boss is really poggers actually i like how different and unique it's phases are from each other and it's celestial powers, the literally only problem i have with it is the design, but i'm getting convidenced that it's a minor problem comparing to how epic the fight is and it might be too late to change it, i'm really anxious for it's own theme to spicy up the battle even more

On 4/20/2021 at 7:03 PM, Erineyes7 said:

Okay, everything here is really cool, but will the boss have custom music? I don't find the current one very fitting...

i really hope so it almost feels like a torture for me to fight it with the generic fight theme instead of an awesome battle theme fitting with it

Edited by The batting bat
  • Haha 1