If you could add or change one feature to DST, what would it be?

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Walani, Walani which also comes with a skin set that lets me clean sweep birchnuts into palm trees.

yeah I went there.

No lie, I would _immediately_ do that to the oasis.  I've always thought it should've had palm trees in the first place. As for playing as Walani in DST...I managed it successfully under various challenge restraints for over 400 days _before we had a useable ocean_, so I'm sure I could make it work again.

My change?  I've always wanted fruit trees.  That don't require a mod.  Like, some kind of tree that you can get food off of without having to chop it all the way down, and then it can grow back later.  (If you want the _wood_ part of the tree, THEN you'd chop it down.)  The topic that was all the rage a while back was mangoes, so I guess I'll say a mango tree.  :)

...Notorious

Give thermal stones more than a hundred times more durability maybe. Maybe even have it take longer to change temperature on top of that.

Walani would be 100 but i take it "one thing" is within framing of small additions or changes? A character somehow feels like they come as a "packet of things" all things considered.

5 hours ago, RoughCactus69 said:

More early game content. I don't want to have to go through 20-30 days to actually reach the new content. 

So overall, more early game stuff to play around with.

Sincerely,

Cactus

What new content do you speak of, that requires 20-30 days to reach?

A lategame way to store/retrieve items that doesn’t involve 200+ chests (and I wish I was joking...) to sort everything, especially when those chests have 9 slots and the only other solution is to use a chest with 12 slots that has a much bigger hitbox. Chests are fine as an early to midgame solution, but later on I did wish there was a way to bulk store single item types and/or just have more slots in general. Currently the best you can do is use gift wrap to store 4 times the items in a chest, but even then that’s still pretty small and a bit cumbersome to use.

If simple changes are allowed, drop the cost of board crafting to 3 logs, and drop the cost of crafting chests to 2 boards. That change alone makes chests take half the wood they normally do, and makes everything else take 25% cheaper, especially late game.

Hmm...

From mods: The added backpack+amulet equiment slots.

As something entirely new: Lots and lots of new islands to explore. Even if they don't contain anything particular on them. I just wanna have new places to explore and discover.

Archived