In the latest hotfix, 456207, a new skin got added with a profile flair and background.

Here you go.

Spoiler

It's a lightning rod skin.

Name: Smite'ning Rod
Release Group: 115
Rarity: Loyal
SKIN_TYPE: TWITCH_DROP
Skin description: Woe to this poor fish in particular.
Portrait background description: Mastery over both sea and sky is no small feat.
Profile flair description: "Set your profile icon to a flashy Smite'ning Rod"

Additionally, a nautical collection was added. Probably the next line of twitch drops?

Lightning rod skin:

Spoiler

TEXTool_03_16_21_22_20_35.png

Background (dear god I love it):

Spoiler

TEXTool_03_16_21_22_22_13.png

Oh is the next twitch skins theme like Olympian or Godlike themed. That's such a good idea. Love this skin too.

Oh I missed the part about a nautical collection being added. That will still be fun. Maybe this points to a return to the sea with future content updates?

9 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Oh is the next twitch skins theme like Olympian or Godlike themed. That's such a good idea

Honestly I would love to see an entire collection of skins revolving around greek mythology at some point; Wolfgang would make a great Zeus, and Maxwell a great Hades imo.

30 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

Honestly I would love to see an entire collection of skins revolving around greek mythology at some point; Wolfgang would make a great Zeus, and Maxwell a great Hades imo.

Wurt Poseidon, Hermes Walter, Hephestus Winona or Wilson, Medusa Webber, Athena Wickerbottom, Helios Willow, Ares Wigfrid. 

1 minute ago, sudoku said:

Hermes Walter

Hermes was a trickster, Wortox would be better. Since the Hermetical staff is connected with pharmacuitacles and healing just like how Wortox heals people with his souls.

Walter might work better as Jason or the son of Poseidon.

55 minutes ago, penguin0616 said:

nautical collection

Sounds like a relation to Warly's Trawler skin.

(laughs) That poor fish!  But yeah, that's pretty badass.  I remember when I was making my "Viking Longhouse", I put a hammer next to a normal lightning rod to represent Thor.  A "smitening" rod would've been even better!

1 hour ago, jantonio said:

And then along came Zeus.

Nah, there's nowhere near enough impregnation happening for that.  (If you've read any Greek mythology, you know what his REAL reputation was...)

1 hour ago, penguin0616 said:

He hurled his thunderbolt.

(waggles eyebrows) IF ya know what I mean...

Okay I'll stop now.  XD 

Spoiler
1 hour ago, sudoku said:

Wurt Poseidon, Hermes Walter, Hephestus Winona or Wilson, Medusa Webber, Athena Wickerbottom, Helios Willow, Ares Wigfrid. 

OoooOOoo!  As a mythology nerd, I gotta get in on _this_ discussion.  I can definitely see most of these...not sure about Walter as the speedster/trickster though.  Maybe as a god known for ranged weapons, or a child god?  (Wigfrid as Ares--I've already drawn a female Ares, when I crossed over Sailor Moon and Hercules:  The Animated Series long ago.  Why?  Because I could.  : P)

https://www.deviantart.com/captain-chaotica/art/Goddess-of-War-34602625

(avert your eyes from the cheesy bad art, children!)

And here I thought it was awesome enough when I got a toga, to wear for the Roman part of my "March of Civilization" challenge...!

...Notorious

(to Minespatch) Yeah that's about right.  XD 

Also...underwater palace?  Oohhh...! I know we probably won't get THIS in DST any time soon:

wigfridunderthewaves.png.13e322e13b704105f1f4a0699d32eb96.png

(which is from this badass mod.  In case you're wondering how I have a kitty with me in regular DS:  another mod)

But it would definitely be cool to have a fuller, more complete sea in general.  :)

...Notorious

1 hour ago, penguin0616 said:

Additionally, a nautical collection was added. Probably the next line of twitch drops?

You know I would probably be upset with the crystalline collection ending since a bunch of the skins were neat (eyebrella, star caller staff, scaled furnace, etc.), but considering the first skin is an actual gem of a skin to snag and there’s going to be more like these, I do not hold any regrets for them swapping the set. I can’t wait to see what’s in store!

Archived