Roadmap 2021. when?

I got this feeling it will probably arrive the same day Year of the Beefalo will-

But after Klei’s much controversial Studio Announcement: If they want to calm everyone down they need to start reassuring their players all I see on these forums lately is nothing but the negatives of what their deal can cause: I do not yet see ANYONE at Klei posting all the POSITIVE things that this deal can bring..

A 2021 Roadmap could provide a glimpse into that: they can reassure everyone that this is a GOOD Change for their studio, rather than everyone being certain that it’s the End of it.

Joe liked one of my posts asking for a Roadmap, so I am to assume a roadmap will be provided within the next few days or following months.

But I want them to outline what their new studio announcement will do for ME as the PLAYER of their games and how that’s going to help THEM as a Studio better serve ME the player of their games.

JoeW, Has been nothing but friendly to me since the day I joined here & even when I was way out of line he simply warned me without smiting me down with his mighty ban hammer without warning.

And as far as the roadmap it’s time for Klei to reassure their fanbase that good things are still to come.

I will eagerly await this roadmap and I hope it details what the studio will be focusing on for the foreseeable future: even if no Hard release dates are given I want clear and straightforward promises of what they plan to do and WILL eventually do even if those plans won’t actually come through for years from now.

They should be letting us know the important changes this makes for the GAMES we play, for Dont Starve & DST.. They could just for example: provide us with details of just how far their promised character reworks extend to.

Does it ONLY include Wilson, Webber, Wolfgang, Wickerbottom, WX78, Wes & Maxwell

Or does it also include Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, Wilba, Wagstaff.

or even Wortox, Wurt, Wormwood & Walter.

Does this new partnership mean larger content updates, new game engines, reworked mechanics, possibly even the return of modes that would’ve been risky for Klei to bring back in the past? Gorge/Forge.

Does it mean that pipeline dream of cross-platform play between consoles will become reality for the game?

THATS the stuff I’m waiting to hear, and I can only hope the roadmap for 2021 details that:

Rather than being vague & stating the stuff we were doing we’re gonna keep doing.

TL:DR: NOW MORE THAN EVER I NEED EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENTS THAT ARE GOING TO HELP ME CONVINCE MY FRIENDS TO BUY THE GAME.

Thank You, have a good day & looking forward to those announcements when/if they’re made.

I'm expecting that the roadmap will come after or before YotB, bc releasing them at the same time might make one take the other's attention imo. My guess is that YotB will release on february 4th, and the roadmap on the week before. I think it makes more sense for them to release the roadmap first, to have people exited and talking about it, and have it begin with YotB. But thinking about it in a diferent way, YotB has already been teased, so they might release it to get all the annouced things out, and then release the roadmap aftwards, to kinda begin 2021 after YofB wih all new stuff, and idk, maybe have some time to make some changes to the roadmap bc of the whole Tencent thing, but they probably had tha going in the background for a while anyways.

There will be a roadmap. And it will be soon. I would have done it last week but, I didn't think that was good timing. 

There are a couple points I want to sort out and then we'll post. I am hoping this week. 

3 minutes ago, sudoku said:

Uh oh. Dissappointment incoming? If it was good news it would've helped the whole Tencent post.

No. Just like your reply, things are just going to be potentially misinterpreted for a while. had I posted it before, people would have questioned everything in it and whether it would still happen. But if I post afterwards, then people understand where we're coming from a bit better. 

Also, there are a couple concerns people brought up regarding griefing on public servers and some other stuff I want to work out before the post. 

2 hours ago, Fuffles said:

"Quick over there, go fetch the lore, fetch the lore! :wilson_curious:

yeah, i was expecting to be interpretated like this. well, i am tired of all that, we really need to change the main discussion, if you get what im saying.

i mentioned lore becouse it is something i personally enjoy as a way to distract myself.

some good news? annpuncemment of a big update? changing the focus of our discussion would be good becouse we are not getting anywhere, and also becouse some peaple seem to be loosing their minds.

20 minutes ago, JoeW said:

No. Just like your reply, things are just going to be potentially misinterpreted for a while. had I posted it before, people would have questioned everything in it and whether it would still happen. But if I post afterwards, then people understand where we're coming from a bit better. 

Also, there are a couple concerns people brought up regarding griefing on public servers and some other stuff I want to work out before the post. 

Fair enough, I can understand that.

Come on guys, stop freaking out about the Tencent purchase, this kind of thing has happened, happens and will continue to happen all the time. Chinese companies want to own/ participate in any lucrative  business they have access to, they own a plethora of video game studios and nothing has happened to the games themselves. This was a business transaction, and Klei has the right to manage their business as they see fit. Just enjoying the amazing games and content they release, when they release it.

Archived