[Game Update] - 447268

• Developer

forum_header2(2).png

Welcome back everyone and happy new year! We hope you had good, relaxing holidays. We've got two exciting pieces of news for you today!

Mod System Enabled for Spaced Out!

We've got a new patch that will release for both the base game and Spaced Out! DLC, which will allow mods to control their compatibility with different versions of the game. With this update in place, we've turned mod loading back on for Spaced Out!

If you're a modder, head over to this post to see all the details about modding for Spaced Out! For anyone using mods, know that while this doesn’t automatically make your mods compatible with the DLC, it will now be possible for them to be updated. Please be patient while the modders work on these updates, and show them lots of appreciation for their hard work too!

There are a few other mod fixes and tweaks along for the ride in this update as well, which are listed in the patch notes.

Regular Release Cycle Begins This Month

Finally, those of you running the DLC may notice that we've turned the countdown timer back on in the main menu. Our next release will be on January 28th, at which point we'll be going into steady 3-week releases from then on. There will be a testing period as usual before each release, but we want to do frequent updates so that we can iterate on your feedback more quickly than in the original ONI Early Access.

The first testing period will begin in the next couple days, once we're sure this mod patch is stable.

Fixes

• Turned mods back on
  • Mod Screen now shows which mods are available for the current DLC configuration
  • Reactivated the countdown timer on the main menu
  • Move the DLC toggle button into the main menu buttons now that the countdown is active again
  • Fix crash when entering an invalid int for Coordinates on Asteroid select
  • Fixed crash hovering over Skills button while Trailblazer module descends on world without Duplicants
  • Fixed typo preventing Sweetle eggs from being printed from care packages
  • Fixed crash when Oil Well is deconstructed or melted
  • Fix crash caused by running out of TagBits. This would happen in late-game bases, especially with mods
  • Fixed crash when changing the Bottle Emptier to Sweep Only when a Duplicant has already picked up a bottle to deliver
  • Relink Rocket Platform to stranded rockets when it is rebuilt. For older saves with this issue you will need to deconstruct and rebuild the Rocket Platform
  • Duplicant portraits on the Skills Screen are no longer drawn outside the scrolling panel
  • Remove debug logging for dupes using oxygen masks in space. It was bloating the log file causing a crash on Linux

Mods

• Mod Uploader now prevents uploading a mod that doesn't have mod_info.yaml
  • Added a link to the forums at the top of the Mod Uploader window
  • Translation mods are now loaded "as mods" rather than directly from steam workshop. This gives the possibility of loading translations locally (easier for developing these mods!) as well as installing translations on non-steam platforms via the "local" mods folder.
  • Mods are now enabled per-DLC so that incompatible mods can be disabled in one case but re-enabled when back on a compatible DLC
  • Cut down on some log spam by making certain messages only show up if a mod is in the dev folder
  • Treat translation mods specially, and default them to ALL DLC combinations if no mod_info is found. This is to make a smoother transition as we roll out the mod_info stuff
  • Removed support for archived_versions.yaml, now the archive system relies entirely on mod_info.yaml

View full update

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5
  • Big Ups 4
  • GL Happy 2

my game keeps crashing on the most recent version, it acts as if there is a mod conflict but i have no mods installed or subscribed to anymore. It just shows this screen but it wont let me click any of the buttons so I have to alt + f4 to get out. image.thumb.png.ed7b512a7b7f6f7aa8cfc1b887463205.png

28 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

my game keeps crashing on the most recent version, it acts as if there is a mod conflict but i have no mods installed or subscribed to anymore. It just shows this screen but it wont let me click any of the buttons so I have to alt + f4 to get out. image.thumb.png.ed7b512a7b7f6f7aa8cfc1b887463205.png

whoa your uploaded image is crashing too

• Like 1

Well, here it is @nakomaru. That roadmap we were talking about.

-

1 hour ago, crbd115 said:

Even your link is broken you poor thing..

Edited by The Plum Gate

6 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Reactivated the countdown timer on the main menu

image.png.29fd975d6f29efa98bad86b8ac9b5f33.png

As much as I love it that I don't need to enter forums twice a day to check for new content, "1 days" really hurts my eyes...

@Ipsquiggle can you please remove the "s" for singular days in the next patch (so after 15 days)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Game crashes on load for me right after the Klei screen after this update. No mods installed and reverified game files multiple times, uninstalled and re-installed game same thing.  

Its only the DLC, I can get the normal game to launch no issue.

Edited by solo6490

I am glad that Klei is coming back to regular ONi gameplay and content updates. If a monthly update schedule would be maintained, the community could gladly buy many more possible DLC`s over the next few years.

I buy games with Steam, Epic and also play games with the Microsoft Xbox-Pass-for-PC subscription model. The current MS offer of paying $1,€1,£1 for the first month saved me from directly blasting out 50-100 for the MS Flight Simulator 2020. Its nice, one can play the growing MS catalog and also gets a discount for game purchases.

Once all rockets are in ONi, then I will get out of the A380 cockpit and start building cold war rocket launch silos in ONi - All rockets & the atomic reactor in survival and I`ll be all flame for ONi again. :angel:

@Ipsquiggle Wishing a healthy 2021 :p

image.thumb.png.7be6a7557b2fb634d2f3c4bf688d667d.pngimage.thumb.png.801e88946ea107eeb28fba7e66c1b738.pngimage.thumb.png.df63b887fd78131337de23a161b5fa6c.png

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Magheat2009 said:

I am new to ONI so I am a bit confused about the testing part. Does the test which is going to start in a few days time mean like an alpha release or is it alluding to internal tests to be done by devs before they push the new content to early access?

they have a test branch in Steam

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Magheat2009 said:

Does the test which is going to start in a few days time mean like an alpha release or is it alluding to internal tests to be done by devs before they push the new content to early access?

I think it means optional beta testing by players (betas in game's steam properties) until update release of the tested content. 

• Like 1