Looking forward 2021 roadmap

Well this is probably just me being biased towards my second favorite character in the Dont Starve franchise- but I hope the 2021 Roadmap confirms that chill surfer gal Walani will officially be added to the game.

(I can hope can’t I?) also I hope they announce some really exciting stuff- just not sure what yet...

Cross-Platform play is something they heavily hint around at and i would like to see happen so yeah I’ll go with that.

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

I just want curio collector lore.

He's the man behind it all. He is the missing link, the one who lets the merms over from the Elder Bog to the Constant, the missing link to why Pigmen are literally everywhere, RoG, Shipwrecked, Hamlet, Gorge, Forge. His only weakness are mating season beefalos, his coat is too similar to one...

But yes, I am incredibly excited to what's unleashed by the Mysterious Energy, also WEBBER!! The poor boy's been waiting long enough already

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I dont think it will be a detailed roadmap. The last one was vage because how ambitious was the 2019 roadmap and now, with the virus, it will be risky to say how much stuff they want for the game

But anyways, with just few goals mentioned i will be happy

I mean, the 2020 roadmap was vague cause they had only done a fraction of the 2019 roadmap and there was nothing much left to say except "yeah, what we said last year still holds".

36 minutes ago, TheGoldenDonut_ said:

Do they do one every year?

I don’t think so, but it’s nice to keep the players in the loop: ESPECIALLY since they’re working on the game on consoles at the exact same time as well as PC now- 

Let me clarify: Don’t Starve (the single player version) under went a TON of content updates and changes on PC before it was ever brought over to Console: But by Then: Most of that games changes that it under went on PC would be applied to the console editions right from day one.

So we aren’t accustomed to having our game updated every month or so with new content it’s something that for Console gamers- Klei really only started within the last year or two because as I had said by the time we got the product most the changes to it were already included.

With DST it’s different: It’s a product that is changing AS WE PLAY IT- Now this may not be anything new to the PC players, but this generally doesn’t happen very often for console games (over the past year or so we have seen that change tremendously.. but you get my point) the only ones I can name off the top of my head are Grand Theft Auto V, Minecraft, Rainbow Six Siege-  

So as a Console gamer who isn’t accustomed to all the constant changes to the game the PC players are accustomed to as a regular and often occurrence for them: I would very much like to have a rough idea of what to expect when it comes to what Klei plans to do with the game I am playing. Even if they don’t fulfill everything on that roadmap, it’s still nice to not be completely in the dark on what’s going on with the game.

And I absolutely love Klei for updating us on what’s going on. :wilson_love:

So the TL:DR- Yes please I would like a 2021 Roadmap 

5 hours ago, Well-met said:

Even if there was one, the 2020 map came in early february so that's still a while to go

Tbh, I think the only reason they had a 2020 road map was because we kept asking about it. As much as I and others wanted it there really was no need for it. The 2019 roadmap was really their roadmap for the next few years. ROT, reworks, and new characters (done). 2021 I suspect we can expect reworks and more ROT content. They also seemed to enjoy the QoL updates so there will probably be a couple of those (here’s to hoping for 64 bit and dedicated server hosting updates).

2 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Backstory is one thing, he's been really unviable for a long time, they need to up his perks big time. 

I'm fine with some small tweaks but I don't want a complete overhaul to his core gameplay. Unviable is a bit harsh, but he could definitely use a slight buff given the other reworks. 

2 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I'm fine with some small tweaks but I don't want a complete overhaul to his core gameplay.

That's fine. I also like his role as the master of mini games(probably PeterA toying around with mini-game concepts). His relationship with birds must be equal to Woodie's.:wilson_ecstatic:

19 hours ago, minespatch said:

That's fine. I also like his role as the master of mini games(probably PeterA toying around with mini-game concepts). His relationship with birds must be equal to Woodie's.:wilson_ecstatic:

Come to think of it... have you ever seen PeterA and Woodie in the same room at the same time?!

I really wanna have confirmed an alternative way to collet the crystalline collection. Sure the salt shaker salt box would also be very nice but after all they probably want some tings to be time exclusive but an ENTIRE VERY awesome set of Items, I think you should be able to still get them! They are by far the best belongings released so far.

I’ve noticed why shipwrecked’s ocean feels so “alive” and dst ocean feels so barren: Waves, and sea life

I hope they add waves, sort of like currents in areas that can both benefit your boat or work against you. Also more sea life that interacts with you, like rockjaws, squitersquids, gnarwhail, etc would be nice.

But most importantly: New islands, both with mobs and new NPCs to interact with, and much better loot from the sunken chests. So exploring and living in the ocean does have an interesting profit, at a cost. Currently just fishing is not incentive enough, and sunken chests have very low chances of having decent loot like walking canes, gems, gears, thulecite, etc. Something more similar to Winter’s feast sleeping under a decorated festive tree loot would be more interesting, even if it takes longer to find the chests.

Also I like the sea shores of Shipwrecked more: DST shores are just the land abruptly stopping, almost like if we were floating on a huge boat. Sandy or rocky beaches where the water and the land collide and you can walk through would be interesting, and also have the chance of adding the concept of tides into the DST (The moon controls the tides, and the moon is a very big deal in return of them, so..)

Last but not least, the possibility to craft better boats, bridges, and floating base platforms.

1 word.  Wagstaff.

5 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I’ve noticed why shipwrecked’s ocean feels so “alive” and dst ocean feels so barren: Waves, and sea life

I hope they add waves, sort of like currents in areas that can both benefit your boat or work against you. Also more sea life that interacts with you, like rockjaws, squitersquids, gnarwhail, etc would be nice.

But most importantly: New islands, both with mobs and new NPCs to interact with, and much better loot from the sunken chests. So exploring and living in the ocean does have an interesting profit, at a cost. Currently just fishing is not incentive enough, and sunken chests have very low chances of having decent loot like walking canes, gems, gears, thulecite, etc. Something more similar to Winter’s feast sleeping under a decorated festive tree loot would be more interesting, even if it takes longer to find the chests.

Also I like the sea shores of Shipwrecked more: DST shores are just the land abruptly stopping, almost like if we were floating on a huge boat. Sandy or rocky beaches where the water and the land collide and you can walk through would be interesting, and also have the chance of adding the concept of tides into the DST (The moon controls the tides, and the moon is a very big deal in return of them, so..)

Last but not least, the possibility to craft better boats, bridges, and floating base platforms.

They could also add the poison effect back.  And the boat clockworks that shipwrecked has.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

This, more Pearl like characters

I really liked the cat traders that you posted time ago. That pic of wortox trading with a pirate cat meanwhile wurt and weeber are worried because they are surrounded by them

I really like traders for this game. Pig king is a little simple, pearl, i like her a lot, but is only for fishing stuff,(which imo is perfect) and merm king... his loot is as dumb as merm IA.

The octopus from SW was so fun

Edit: also cats were related to the moon in the lovecraft gang so klei can take inspiration from them like they already did for many other things

Archived