Looking forward 2021 roadmap

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I really liked the cat traders that you posted time ago. That pic of wortox trading with a pirate cat meanwhile wurt and weeber are worried because they are surrounded by them

I really like traders for this game. Pig king is a little simple, pearl, i like her a lot, but is only for fishing stuff,(which imo is perfect) and merm king... his loot is as dumb as merm IA.

The octopus from SW was so fun

I wish we could trade items with the nox guy in game someday, he sort of looks like a merchant.
image.png.947c08ae3ed13c8e39bda1171b6250fc.png
He could set up a shop near beefalo's savana during certain times of the in game year and trade beefalo related items with the player.
Maybe he could be a way to introduce new items to help traning/maintaining beefalo domestication.

Just now, Picklesaurus said:

I wish we could trade items with the nox guy in game someday, he sort of looks like a merchant.
image.png.947c08ae3ed13c8e39bda1171b6250fc.png
He could set up a shop near beefalo's savana during certain times of the in game year and trade beefalo related items with the player.
Maybe he could be a way to introduce new items to help traning/maintaining beefalo domestication.

he is a skin trader for that he has that suit made of beefalo skin

could be cool to trades in game skins from mobs (not only decorative skins) like pig skin, bunny butts and other animal related trophies

16 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

really liked the cat traders that you posted time ago. That pic of wortox trading with a pirate cat meanwhile wurt and weeber are worried because they are surrounded by them

5aa356ddeea4f_Skeledorkmolestsbacoon.thumb.png.8ad59cccdc8a9e9ab02747734037f936.png

Klei needs to make bacoons canon. I'd love to see those concept art animals to be made.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

The baboon technically came into the final game as "spider monkey", so all we're missing is the bacoon and pawn to finish off those concepts.

Maybe slightly Off topic Pawn related Idea in Spoiler:

Spoiler

I was thinking the Pawn could be re-visualized as Stryder Spider (Aka it’s a Spider looking Insect that glides on Water) these could replace Floaty Boaty Knights as a way of obtaining Gears more easily while out at sea. And yeah I know that sticking a light bulb in water in real life is deadly and highly dangerous.. but- This is a video game and I think it would be hilarious (and also cool) to see Spider Pawns gliding across Water in DST.. I wanted to make a thread for it and create a concept art of how I would make it look (almost the same as scrapped version expect I would put light bulbs on each of its spider feet as well) and it would just be like this weird water gliding robotic spider thing.. that adds more life to the currently lacking Sea Content part of the game.

As for the 2021 roadmap I hope they reveal that alongside Year of Beefalo release. 

Considering how amazing content updates and the seasonal events have been this past year I am eagerly awaiting anything and everything new Klei has to give us in 2021 with DST!

Year of the Beefalo sounds amazing and I haven't ever gotten to participate in the new year events before - I played the game on and off in the past and missed everything but Gorge for PS4 (my god that was fun - really wish it would come back one day so I can try get the achievements I missed!) and only for the last three quarters of this last year or so have I been playing obsessively making sure I don't miss stream drops etc and get to play and experience special events as much as possible. For this reason alone I cannot wait to see what this particular update brings us - the Carrat racing in the past sounds amazing and I wish I had a cool Gobbler or Pig Shrine in my base (also my god Clay Varg and Hound sculptures look so great.. if only there was some other way to obtain them).

I am just a little worried however that it might be too focused on Beefalo Taming and new options/upgrades for Tame Beefs. As someone who finds taming and looking after a Beefalo extremely tedious and only worth it for the trophy I hope that this is not the case and there is also plenty of new content not related to Taming/Tame Beefalo. New actions or options you have with Beefalo in general - perhaps a way to get a dairy product out of them similar to volt milk? (this might actually be best with Tame Beef to be honest to be balanced and make sense) A way to create new herds so if you only have one or even none left you can repopulate similar to the Volt Goat Herd creation update we received. Perhaps some new resource other than a milk or dairy product or a new craftable armor or weapon that uses a Beefalo Horn.

Mysterious Energy and the sealed portal can't come fast enough, I am probably eagerly awaiting these to be updated/revealed more than anything because of the lore and late game content they will provide. Another Biome a little bigger and more interesting than the Archives/Mushtree Biome would be absolutely amazing and as much as others have said they don't just want a boss I am hoping the Mysterious Energy provides an exciting new Lunar Island Boss that drops some awesome new loot after an epic battle. We need a new way to get more Anenomes after we run out - I think the boss should drop a couple alongside whatever else it drops.

Archived