[POLL] Freshness Efficiency

Answer the 4 following questions  

135 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you use the hambat?

• Until it becomes STALE
    • Until it becomes SPOILED
    • Until it becomes ROT or very close to it
    • I almost never use hambat
  2. 2. Do you cook food ingredients before making a dish?

• Yes, I always do that
    • Only if the ingredients are NOT fresh
    • I usually eat the fresh dish right away, so it doesn't matter
    • I almost never do that
  3. 3. What are your actions when food is about to rot?

• Just let it rot
    • Cook and put it in the ice box
    • Start making dishes out of it
    • Feed it to the bird
  4. 4. What do you think is the biggest advantage of carying insulated pack?

• Preserve hambat freshness
    • Ready made meals
    • Food ingredients
    • Live critters
    • Seeds
    • Other
    • Preserve dish temperature

being first is always the best considering 100% of people agree with me 

to answer the question about the bundling wraps i usually use them for boss prep or for going to the ruins not much else so i guess i usually put meatball,pierogi and hambat

3 minutes ago, KeshS said:

For my final question I would like to know what items do you put in the bundling wrap? 

Lightbulbs, to make less trips to caves, excess food (such as frog legs after a couple frog rains) and sanity food such as cooked cactus.

5 minutes ago, KeshS said:

I am curious what is that "other" option for insulated pack?

About insulated pack - voted Other because of its unique feature - it preserves food temperature. Normally if you cook food that raises your temperature after eating it (such as dragonpie, spicy chili, stuffed pepper poppers), you have a very limited time to get that benefit or it just gets diminished to the point of not giving you any warmth. With insulated pack you can keep that temperature bonus for as long as you want. I learned this from this post

Bundling Wraps are one of the best items in the game.

• Great for preserving those cactus flowers and flower salad for Crabby Hermit tasks, as going there in summer is quite risky, given a hound attack can kill you and/or burn everything there. You can also bundle saplings, fertilizers, boards, marble, ropes, cookie cutter shells, moon rocks and 6 foods to dry, just don't bundle butterflies as you'd have to catch them again after opening the bundle.
  • Good to preserve fresh glow berries to refill mushlights
  • Good to preserve Funcaps once you fill your spore needs
  • Good to store crop seeds of rarer plants for Wormwood/Warly/Wickerbottom, dragonfruit, pepper, garlic and onion fill exactly 4 slots of a Bundling Wrap
  • Good for saving spoiled lightbulbs for lantern refilling
  • Awesome for taking food to ruins and thulecite equipment once you've eaten everything
  • Decent as an Everyday First Aid Kit, especially if you're forgetful like me, keep a couple of high hunger meals and a couple of healing foods inside, you can also pack 2 meats for a fresh hambat and some lightbulbs to refill your lantern or miner hat, hambat can be packed into the same slot after the emergency, so it doesn't spoil

It also has a big drawback... I have a couple of chests full of bundled +95% Dried Meat because of how I hate to throw food away. If any meat is about to spoil I just dry it and bundle up, even though I know I won't use it...

40 minutes ago, KeshS said:

For my final question I would like to know what items do you put in the bundling wrap? Tell me if I need to edit anything on poll. Thanks as always for participating.

well i bundle A LOT of lightbulbs (4 stacks) so i don't have go to the caves for most of the time, also i bundle food that refill tons of hunger so i can have for later :3

2 hours ago, Sapientis said:

It also has a big drawback... I have a couple of chests full of bundled +95% Dried Meat because of how I hate to throw food away. If any meat is about to spoil I just dry it and bundle up, even though I know I won't use it...

That's what the pig king's for.  Free up your bundle wrap and chests for more important things, and sprinkle those shiny gold nuggets all over the floor!  Be so greedy you risk being cursed and turned into a dragon!  

First, I would inclyde the option of "until slightly below 50 damage" as people may want to go the pure efficency route. 

3 hours ago, KeshS said:

For my final question I would like to know what items do you put in the bundling wrap?

Depends on how many wraps I have obtained from bullying klaus. After a certin amount, they just become frivolous as they get used to stagnant the lag from teeth and turfs on the ground.

Before i got Krapus sack i like clearing the ruin with insulated pack. It help a bit with the light bulb and glow berry.

For bundling wrap its if i need space on chest or in my inventory and i always have a bundle of food on me. Stack of meaty stew + beafy green for heal and if im playing warly i have dragonpie or honey ham as 3rd dishes.

I always try to not over produce but i've always some leftover that i bundle before i go to summer cave. After a while, i unbundle everything and make a lot of dish to "refuel" my bundle food and rebundle the rest if all stack are full.

56 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

That's what the pig king's for.  Free up your bundle wrap and chests for more important things, and sprinkle those shiny gold nuggets all over the floor!  Be so greedy you risk being cursed and turned into a dragon!  

Even those are laughable compared to hundreds of frazzled wires. I don't want my CP to explode when I happen to load Pig King area accidentally

I like insulation packs because it gives you the full value of a dish within the time it spoils. In other words if you have bacon and eggs for example (20 days spoilage time), after 10 days it will go stale and only give you 2/3's total hunger value, so you really only have half of a foods spoilage time to eat it while it's fresh (so 10 days for fresh bacon and eggs); the pack doubles the spoilage rate, giving you the dishes original spoilage time (20 days in this example) as the amount of time before it goes stale (even better if you're WX-78). Kinda odd way of looking at it, granted; but it's always been how I view it.

16 hours ago, Lbphero said:

I put nothing in the bundle wrap. Even when i get my hands on a blueprint of it, i am already in the swing of getting constant food from x or y place, so i have no reason for it. I have no idea how people can use that thing as like, not warly

You cant eat all the meat that falls in your hands, also i keep leafy meat to make sanity food when i want to fight fw, milk for the same reason, monster meat to farm pig skin (i dont usually do autofarms), honey, veggies in case i want to do pierogies, mushrooms to use in the planters to farm spores and i bring half of the bundles to the cave base to have food when summer starts

I always keep a bundle wrap "bug out bag" in my inventory once I learn the recipe. Its purpose is to save me in case of a big fight , unforeseen circumstances,  or whatever unexpected mess I may find myself in.

I usually use only fresh ingredients and make hunger foods , health foods and sanity food. Usually a stack of 10 plus meatballs , a 20 stack of large jerky , 10 plus pierogies stack , and maybe just green mushrooms or honey poultice for the last spot. I highly recommend doing this once you have the bundling wrap recipe . It will save your bacon in a variety of spots.

Other than that I just use bundling wrap a little around the base for frog leg storage during frog rain a few other random things. 

On 11/23/2020 at 9:16 AM, KeshS said:

For my final question I would like to know what items do you put in the bundling wrap? Tell me if I need to edit anything on poll. Thanks as always for participating.

Usually I put Dragon pies and jerky, for my adventures down in the caves.

I have another bundling wrap that have seeds like peppers, tomato, onion and garlic, If I decide to play as Warly.

I always have plenty of food, usually a few bundle wraps full of absolutely top fresh meat in case I ever need it, but rarely do.  I keep a hambat with a stack of perogies in a bundle wrap, as well as a few stacks of crock pot foods (meaty stews, meatballs, bacon and eggs, or whatever.)  I rarely use a hambat passed green, usually switching it out even while still green but the durability is lessened.

#sololife

On 11/23/2020 at 5:16 PM, KeshS said:

Edible & anything that does not fit into inventory. I also usually carry a bundling wrap full of food (some for sanity, some for health, some for hunger, and some for "everyday eating") with me.

On 11/23/2020 at 7:16 AM, KeshS said:

Vegetables for Warly recipies so I can switch to him, make a batch, and switch out. This includes glowberries for his glowberry musse or whatever.

Pierogi and other healing dishes, in preperation for boss fights.

An entire stack of meatballs that I carry on me at all times so I can unwrap it, eat one, then re-wrap it.

Archived