Do you think Wormwood will eventually get some special interaction with the moon?

Many people think Wormwood needs an ability that allows him to hold his own in solo dst, and his backstory is "Gem fell from mooooon, got a veggie body and wants frendz". This whole update is focused on the moon, so Wormwood eventually has to get a special piece of moon abilities cake right? (Also, dont say he should be able to tame entities others cant, a third of his lore is he has dificulty making friends)

I don't really know, moon stuff just seems to have the ability to corrupt forms of life into another, yet this is what happened with Wormwood, he's just a plant that have been moon-morphed. Other than that I don't think the moon offer anything more to the initial transformation, even if that could be nice. :)

32 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

can you even tame those in hamlet

Well err no I don’t think.. but they at least don’t chase after and try to murder Wormwood, his plants are nice to him perk really goes under used in DST.

But I guess considering it was a Green Gem that gave him life, with Moon Powers that maybe he could create plant/humanoid followers and slot a Green Gem into them with some strange moon Magic to make some friends.

People seem to think that giving wormwood friends goes against his design of not being able to find others of his kind, and you would be correct in thinking that, However that mindset only lasts as long as DS Hamlet and the beginning of DST, but now that the survivors are becoming more evolved and gaining new knowledge and powers (Evidence in Woodie now being able to control and force trigger his course, Wendy learning new potions to increase Abigails usefulness) Then it is possible that Wormwood COULD gain new knowledge & powers as well.

The next bit is Off Topic But something I would LOVE to see for Wortox so I’m placing it into a Spoiler Tag-

Spoiler

I think it would also be cool if Wortox got a rework and had to achieve a certain level of naughtiness, and he could maybe even befriend Krampii by giving them souls- just feels weird for poor Wortox to be the only character in the game that can’t recruit followers :(

Wormwood being able to plant seeds that grow into plant-friends that can only be sentenced life by inserting a green gem into them on a full moon or from one of the lunar biomes sounds on par with Woodie learning how to control & force his curse.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

People seem to think that giving wormwood friends goes against his design of not being able to find others of his kind, and you would be correct in thinking that, However that mindset only lasts as long as DS Hamlet and the beginning of DST, but now that the survivors are becoming more evolved and gaining new knowledge and powers (Evidence in Woodie now being able to control and force trigger his course, Wendy learning new potions to increase Abigails usefulness) Then it is possible that Wormwood COULD gain new knowledge & powers as well.

Reveal hidden contents

I think it would also be cool if Wortox got a rework and had to achieve a certain level of naughtiness, and he could maybe even befriend Krampii by giving them souls- just feels weird for poor Wortox to be the only character in the game that can’t recruit followers :(

Survivors after spending time in the constant:

Winona: craft useful gadget that imporve the quality of life of her and others

Willow: turned her childhood teddy bear into a dark creature slaughtering machine

Woodie: took control of his curse and used it as an advantage

Wendy: learned to brew potions to make his dead sister stronger

Warly: developed new recipes and got severely picky about his meals

Wormwood:  learned to make a conversation last longer than 2 sentences

(Also, I dont think Wortox needs a buff (and he fought with krampus to avoid kidnapping a baby, why would he want to befriend him again))

I would love nothing more than Wormwood’s “plants relate to him” perk to actually mean something in DST but if the other characters r any indication, changes to Wormwood should be expected anywhere from 4 to 6 years after his release date :lol:

Small things ive suggested in the past:

- faster pacification of Treeguards with pine cones and birchnuts.

- an indicator around soon-to-be diseased plants only visible to Wormwood, like Wurt’s tentacle indicators

- trade x with the Mushgnome for moon shrooms. 

Maybe a lure plant bulb could shake loose and fall off him each full moon . Since you usually dont see lure plants till day 40ish or so most games , it could be a useful early game perk. But yeah, I think he should get some little perk for a full moon , nothing op though , just useful.

3 hours ago, themightyone said:

Maybe a lure plant bulb could shake loose and fall off him each full moon . Since you usually dont see lure plants till day 40ish or so most games , it could be a useful early game perk. But yeah, I think he should get some little perk for a full moon , nothing op though , just useful.

Bloom out on full moon! Why? Because I have the weird skin with the hidden Eyeball inside- If it popped out every full moon would let me see him in his spooky form more often. Would that be too Op? Also the Bloom only lasts for the full moon before reverting to normal.

Honestly, I personally think he doesn't have that much to do with the moon. Lore wise, it would seem more like green gems come from the moon, and green gems have the power of creation and destruction, in this case creating an alive walking plant out of alive vines. I think he isn't that much connected to the moon if we adapt the theory that green gems simply come from the moon.

There's plenty of points against it however, so maybe Wormwood is yet to find some connection with his roots. 

Personally i feel like those sea plants and lure plants already make his perk work as intended they relate to him because he's a plant like them but that doesn't mean they'll follow him for food.

It makes sense in webber's case because he's the same kind of spider and his different appearance can be written off as a mutation to the other spiders considering how easily the mutate.

In wurt's case she's a merm guard so it also makes sense why merms would follow her.

In Wormwood's case while he is a plant he's the only one of his kind so it makes sense that other types of plants won't uproot to help him even if they do add more plant based mobs as unpopular as this opinion is likely going to be I hope they keep the trend of other plants tolerating him but not befriending him.

That being said I do think it'd be interesting to have a biome with mobs who were overprotective of plant life(wormwood included)

On 11/20/2020 at 3:20 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Bloom out on full moon!

I like this idea a lot. The blooming is too pretty and cool mechanic and we get to see it way too little during spring.

I think Wormwood needs an alternative blooming mechanic outside of spring as well, and full moons could be a good excuse for him to bloom for just one extra night. His gem is of lunar origin, and many RL desert plants only opens their flower one random night a year, (EG: night blooming cereus)

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I like this idea a lot. The blooming is too pretty and cool mechanic and we get to see it way too little during spring.

I think Wormwood needs an alternative blooming mechanic outside of spring as well, and full moons could be a good excuse for him to bloom for just one extra night. His gem is of lunar origin, and many RL desert plants only opens their flower one random night a year, (EG: night blooming cereus)

Well.. as you know I play with my worlds set to random season starts and season lengths, the price for playing with random seasons is you may not see Spring for a very very long time-

in fact any mechanic that’s tied to a specific season to trigger has a chance of not showing up for a very long time, also it has a chance of showing up A LOT random is random after all..

But Full Moons are guaranteed every 11th night, Woodie gets granted a random curse (which is avoidable altogether if you munch the idol your wanting to become right before full moon) So it just makes sense for Wormwood to bloom out on full moons, it would guarantee I get to see him in bloom mode at least every 11 game days in a world where spring season isn’t promised it’ll come.

even random day lengths wouldn’t effect moon phase- So it makes sense, would it be a useful perk on full moons? I don’t know.. I just know I bought his Triumphant skin and would like to see the hidden eye inside spring out more often.

(skin should’ve probably came with its own unique emote so you can purely cosmetically pop the eye out scaring random people in servers..)

but tying it to full moons make more sense because it was a green gem and the moons powers that brought him to life in the first place. :) 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

But Full Moons are guaranteed every 11th night, Woodie gets granted a random curse (which is avoidable altogether if you munch the idol your wanting to become right before full moon) So it just makes sense for Wormwood to bloom out on full moons, it would guarantee I get to see him in bloom mode at least every 11 game days in a world where spring season isn’t promised it’ll come.

i get the point youru making, but they come every 22 days aprox, its full moon, 11 days, new moon, another 11 days and full moon again

14 hours ago, Wardin25 said:

i get the point youru making, but they come every 22 days aprox, its full moon, 11 days, new moon, another 11 days and full moon again

That's some next level math right there. :P

Full moons exactly once every 20 days. Day 1 is a New Moon, Day 11 is a Full Moon, Day 21 is a New Moon, Day 31 is a Full Moon, and so on. That's precisely 10 days between each new moon and full moon.

Archived