Underrated Crockpot Dishes

4 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

I personally think that Trail Mix is underrated because the resources are easy to get and it heals 30, which is actually pretty good for the time it takes to make it. Long live the Trail Mix.

Yeah, there are a hell of a lot of underated meals

Trail mix as you said, Lobster Bisque, lobsters are extremely easy to fish and you only need 1 and 3 ice for a dish that heals 60, also fish sticks, that require 1 fish, one twig and 2 ice and heal 40, cactus salad, that expires kinda fast but its still some cheap 40 health that you can mass produce during summer, and this one is not really underated, but most newbies dont know about the leafy jelly that gives 50 sanity for 2 leafy meat and 2 honey

4 hours ago, thegreatJash said:

I personally think that Trail Mix is underrated because the resources are easy to get and it heals 30, which is actually pretty good for the time it takes to make it. Long live the Trail Mix.

I like using Trail Mix in early game when exploring map or looking for Lunar Island as Weregoose, because the ingredients are very easy to get and it only takes 10 seconds to cook. I also like to make Vegetable Stingers in winter when there is/was a Wormwood, who produced a lot of tomatoes/asparagus, because it's an easy and fast sanity food.

Every recipe, considering it seems most players only know that filling the crock pot up with random stuff makes meatballs as long as there's some meat in there.

But some of my favourite recipes regardless of their popularity are bacon and eggs, banana pop, butter muffin, fishsticks, flower salad, froggle bunwich, honey ham, honey nuggets, ice cream, meaty stew, melonsicle, pierogi, surf 'n' turf, trail mix, turkey dinner, unagi, waffles, and wobster bisque. A lot of those are rather situational, though. The temperature affecting recipes can also be rather useful, but those are very overlooked.

can Jelly Salad be considered underrated or is it common for everyone now? It has become routine for me like making meatballs and meaty stews, love it, especially since the shadow fix made insanity actually a thing. I'd also put in beefy greens, cheap dragonpies wigfrid can eat.

and i think the milkmade hat is underrated, i see it's been getting some hate. It's a cool late game item to maximize dps(Wolfgang), particularly good in the toadstool fight. It's a recipe so it counts!

I like Froggle Bunwich because it's essentially the meat-equivalent to a Butter Muffin. Same stats, same cook time and priority, same spoilage too, can even use 2 twigs in it as well; aside from a few smaller differences in what cannot be put into either recipes and the main ingredients, it can be cooked practically the same way. Nice as an alternative for a Butter Muffin for Wigfrid.

32 minutes ago, GrandTardigrade said:

As a Warly main, I make farm plots in all my worlds, so it might not be that good if one is not playing Warly or Wormwood, but Fancy Spiralled Tubers is a pretty great recipe in my opinion. A potato, two twigs, an ice, and you have 37,5 hunger, 15 sanity and 3 health.

Yeah i always do 2 of those with my starting ingredients when i go Warly :D

6 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Jazzy's asked this on youtube, and after some thinking, apart from the aforementioned Trail Mix and also Flower Salad, i wanna throw in inefficient, rightfully underrated dishes like Stuffed Eggplant, Fish Tacos, Fruit Medley, and Fistful of Jam into the mix.

fistful of jam is brilliant for winter if you play semi/fully nomadic. stopping every few days to build up a crockpot make a few and knock the pot down(or just have pots all over the map in regularly visited places) is a fine way to make berries stretch and to give you those lovely little +5 sanity gains

11 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Jazzy's asked this on youtube, and after some thinking, apart from the aforementioned Trail Mix and also Flower Salad, i wanna throw in inefficient, rightfully underrated dishes like Stuffed Eggplant, Fish Tacos, Fruit Medley, and Fistful of Jam into the mix.

Yeah, it's a shame fish tacos suck... alot...

They're actually another crockpot dish I like the sprite work off, in my crockpot patcher mod I ended up adding an option to buff them among other foods.

Fish tacos just feel out of the way considering their bad stats in vanilla.

do banana pops count as underrated?i personally love them.i do play as wendy a lot so getting bananas is pretty easy but i think there really good for characters who aren't wendy 

(also in shipwrecked they are just amazing no one can disagree with that)

k bye

Archived