Klei Halloween 2020 Event Submissions - Day 4

WOW! So many great submissions!

We hope you all had a nice Halloween. We're on our final day for submissions, so if you have been working to finish up your project you want it submitted today. The Event ends tonight at midnight (PST). And the final round of submissions will be posted tomorrow. 

We have a lot more great art for you today. A ton more costumes and a bunch of fun things you all shared with us. 

For those of you that are yet to participate or didn't get accepted, here are some tips for getting your submission approved. 

• If your art is digital. Draw "Klei Halloween 2020!" as part of your art or in the style of the drawing. If it looks too much like fan art that somebody just wrote on, it won't be accepted.
  • If your message "Klei Halloween 2020!" is written creatively, it's almost certainly going to be accepted. (after all, that's art!)  
  • Check out previous submissions for ideas.
  • The image must be made by you.
  • If it's an in-game screenshot say "Klei Halloween 2020!" in chat.
  • If it's a handwritten note on paper or drawn digitally, decorate your "Klei Halloween 2020" message, even if you can't draw. (You can get accepted just for the note!)
  • It doesn't need to be good. It just needs to be yours. 
  • If your image has nothing to do with a Klei game, the note is the most important part for approval.
  • If you're just sending somebody else's submission, it won't be approved. Just doodle a thing and get some skins. It's easier than photoshopping somebody else's thing. 

The event has ended. The day 5 highlights will be posted about 11am PST. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5
  • Health 2
  • GL Happy 4

Hey, JoeW. Someone very naughty broke one of the rules of the competition and stole a drawing from one of my friends.

Spoiler

KU_bkBUBe7L_20201031T094756_Mu5Coh1L08DN

Here is the original work, where the real author and the date of writing are clearly visible: https://dont-starve.fandom.com/ru/f/p/4400000000000010006 
I hope you'll take that into account

Edited by Phyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad Dupe 9

28 minutes ago, Zhuzha said:

How big must the note be? I've made a little figurine and incorporated the note into the sculpt, but now I'm worried it's too small.

As long as I can notice it when I am going through them it should be fine. I look for the notes so as long as I can spot it, should be fine. Sculpts almost always get approved because they always have handwritten notes. Looking forward to seeing it!

16 minutes ago, Phyan said:

Hey, JoeW. Someone very naughty broke one of the rules of the competition and stole a drawing from one of my friends.

Reveal hidden contents

Here is the original work, where the real author and the date of writing are clearly visible: https://dont-starve.fandom.com/ru/f/p/4400000000000010006 
I hope you'll take that into account

Yeah, it's bound to happen there are a lot to go through, that's why I suggest writing the notes in the style of the drawing. But I am trying not to be TOO strict on the note so sometimes I let them through if it's the first time I have seen the image submitted. (yes, I am seeing a lot of doubles - mostly stuff posted for the event on forums here and elsewhere)

If you DM me the page it's on - I'll look into taking it down. Not sure when though, I have a lot more to go through right now. 

29 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Aye my Maxwell costume made it in (page 44)

Ahh, that was a great one! Good job!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

i submitted my entry around 6 pm CET today was that too late to be included for todays feature? cause idk if it got rejected either hope i wasnt too late. cant believe todays feature is 20 pages longer than yesterday's lol!

edit: yay! my entry got approved, hope u liked it and thanks for the reward klei! :apple:

Edited by Ohan

Shame that my art didn't make it. I have several questions @JoeW

1. Do you legally own digital copies of all the art that participated?

2. Will there be a place in the future where we could see all the art in one place after the event?

3. Can I still post the art here that didn't make it? (it was a nome art)

Thank you for making this event possible.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ohan said:

i submitted my entry around 6 pm CET today was that too late to be included for todays feature? cause idk if it got rejected either hope i wasnt too late. cant believe todays feature is 20 pages longer than yesterday's lol!

Honestly same, I really want to know if my got rejected or it hasn't been checked yet. If first I at least would like to hear the reason why.

• Like 1

Haha, joke's on me. I genuinely got really spooked because I thought my submission was rejected for some reason due to not seeing it here so I whipped up a new one and it was only then that I discovered it was approved all along, with my reward quietly waiting in my inventory. Turns out it'll appear in the next post because tired-as-heck me forgot that I submitted mine at midnight. ;-;

In case you can't find it here either, here it is! The story behind it was that I felt lazy but wanted the sweet sweet skins so I just took a screenshot in an appropriately creepy part of my map, and had a blast touching up the image with a couple of effects and an uninvited visitor looming in the shadows. They don't pay me enough to have me work here.

kleispooky.thumb.png.bd049251e1e0101519b0981fadfcb405.png

And here was my plan B for the brief time that I was convinced my entry wasn't approved. The scary part was just how junk lying around I had to clean up to make it look presentable because I was a slob and organizing it all was above me.

20201101123943_1.thumb.jpg.52a8286ad7b0698722bdde99084a873e.jpg

Edited by Loopy Ouroboros