Is this outside the community standards?

Hi! (I'm not sure if I'm creating this post in the right section, I didn't find a section called "Questions")

I'm Gleenus, new to this forum, but around here have a video of me playing "Starver's Carol" in my diatonique accordion
I stared developing mods for Don't Starve Together some months ago and this week I posted a "preview" of a mod I'm working on

The mod is: "Twerk Emote", and, like the name, its allow the player character to twerk (video attached)
Someone posted on my preview that its stated that Wendy has between 8 and 10 years.
Here in Brasil is very common to see the children twerking for fun, so I didn't imagined that this could be a problem

The question is: Should I put a flag in the mod to prevent Wendy and Walter to twerk?

Thanks in advance

(Sorry my bad English)

• Haha 10
  • Sad Dupe 1
  • Potato Cup 1

19 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

And this- this is why I don’t like Miley..

But as for your question you’ll have to ask a dev and see what they say, do not take the word of any of us outside of Klei.

Hi!

So, I'm not sure about how to ask a dev and which one, so I made this post
There is any chance of them see this post?

3 minutes ago, Gleenus said:

Hi!

Yup. Not sure how often the admin checks in but mods definitely observe the forums more frequently. I'd rather dm a mod but, in the end it's up to you.

• Like 1

DST: Cuties Edition. Sponsored by Netflix. Critically acclaimed by MSM. "Epstein-ed"

Wait for KLei to delete your post make some kind of response - they surely check forums. Most likely won't be a reply you're waiting for. Also probably the correct forum section would be [DST] Mods and Tools.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
*le more insanity
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Gleenus said:

Hi!

Oh of course! They are super active here on the forums, always engaging in conversations sometimes, and if your super lucky you may even stumble upon a developer dropping a random link into a thread that’s redeemable for a limited time for Klei store points or in-game spools. :) 

Do not worry I am sure one of them will message you either here in this thread or privately, and if a Forum Administrator feels like what you post is Wrong, off-topic or past the games PG-13 rating- then your thread may become locked or you post may Mysteriously vanish out of existence like Warbucks, Generally they’ll warn you of what your doing is inappropriate for the forums though!

(The Warbucks thing is an inside Joke to a character Klei created for the game that ended up being removed from the game.) 

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Thanks 1

You probably should. As much as we want normal stuff to be accepted, some people will still gain some weird pleasure from it- just like it was a joke to not show your feet n the net bc of feet fetishists, people now actually avoid it. 

DST community doesn't want to be affiliated with pedophiles or fetishizing children. Even if it is normal in your country, worldwide it might cause problems. It's like that with many things and we will probably never reach common ground with them. 

So yeah, I suggest blocking the emote for all kids: Webber, Wendy, Wurt and Walter. It's just safer this way and preventing drama is usually the best route.

• Like 3

That's okay, twerking is not always sexual. Here is it lol https://youtu.be/neK_560HlKY?t=28

ALSO a question for developer, I see really community is really angry about mods like that. So how about further?
Is that legal to make adult mod for Don't Starve Together in the non-steam platfroms like nexus? I understand child station of this game so WILL it be ok if mod creators disable the stuffs for kid characters? I just wondering, not gonna make it.

Edited by Slagger

8 minutes ago, gaymime said:

well, the mod is going to make it very easy for people to cyber so you should defos not have the child chars not be able to do it though i am sure someone will figure out a way eventually.

i do think the idea of a twerking maxwell though is brilliant XD

Your issue with actual literal real life children cybering isn't actual literal real life children cybering, but the potential for them to also be able to do a dance while playing as a videogame character who's a child? And if they wanted to do that so bad they're downloading mods for it I think they'd just download the mod Wardin was talking about or a different game entirely.

• Potato Cup 1